Since hotels in DC are more expensive, this is a perfect hotel if you want to be close to DC, but not there.
The hotel itself is great. Beautiful, clean and well decorated. Nice bar with expensive drinks, but....you should have expected that.
You are received by professionals as you check in and they are efficient and helpful. There was one glitch. My son and I checked in and of them told me that a room with two beds was going to be ready in just a minute. So, we stood by waiting for an hour. At some point, my son was getting tired, so I asked another person at the front desk if the room was almost ready. She found a room immediately and went on our business.
1- The elevators are a hassle at times. During peak times, early mornings and evenings taking the elevators can be a nightmare. I actually waited 15 minutes for one and everyone was full to capacity. I ended up taking the stairs from the 10th floor, but there is no access to the actual floor after the 2nd so I ended up in the back of the kitchen somewhere. Yes, the elevators are the biggest pain in the butt here.
2- Wifi. Wifi is free at the lobby only. When you are up in your room it’s a charge. Stupid. It actually doesn't cost more to provide internet access to guests. They simply want to make more money. As a good Christian I refuse to pay expensive fees simply to check my email and update Facebook.
3- Unless you have a car or have rented one like I did, there is nothing within walking distance after hours. After early evening, the closest restaurant is about a mile. Not much else. I had a car, so I was able to drive, but since we are reviewing for others, I think this would annoy some people.
Close to DC
Easy access if driving or if taking the train
Free Wifi in the lobby
Nice pool and hot tub
Not the best neighborhood
Not restaurants within walking distance
The wifi. It costs money from your room
A few less attentive staffers
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Crystal Gateway Marriott, located minutes from downtown Washington, D.C. And less than 1 mile from Reagan National Airport. Explore the entire Washington, D.C. Area via the Metro which is connected to our Arlington hotel. Step into our spacious hotel lobby here in the heart of Crystal City, VA, and enjoy complimentary wireless Internet access. Settle into one of our nearly 700 well appointed rooms and suites, each offering plush bedding, flat-screen TVs, and Marriott's unique Plug-In technology panels. Dine onsite at The Atrium or Restaurant Mez or grab a quick bite at Einstein's Bagels shop. Hosting an event in the Washington, DC area? Explore our hotel's 35,000 square feet of versatile and sophisticated venue space, and enjoy our prime location near Washington Reagan Airport (DCA). With the Crystal City Metro at our hotel doorstep, discovering the many attractions of Arlington, VA and downtown DC has never been easier. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Odigeo, Cancelon and Priceline so you can book your Crystal Gateway Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Crystal Gateway Hotel Arlington
- Marriott Hotel Crystal Gateway
- Marriott Arlington
- Arlington Marriott