This is a nice hotel. Situated close to public transit. I was here for a conference for 3 nights. The rooms are clean, the beds very comfortable, staff is friendly. There is a small bar in the lobby area - serving sandwiches etc. its an open kind of bar next to escaltors. Attached from the lobby is an "underground mall" if you will. It offers several choices for dinning that i would pick over hotel choices to eat. i did order room service, salmon (from their more formal dinning), it was good and services was great.
Dont be afraid of using the public transit. I am from So.Cal. so we are addicted to our cars. Once i got someone to explain the system, i took the underground - it was easy, safe and took me into town for Sight seeing - from the underground - you walk from that station - directly to the underground mall - directly to hotel lobby. Covenient.
i took a sightseeing bus tour i booked through the hotel. THere are 2 bus tours, i chose the one that picks you up directly in front of the hotel. it was on time. I took the night tour - Bring a flash light is you go at night, you will not be able to read the names on memorials or walls without one.
Back to hotel, would i stay again? Yes. There is also a 3 story mall about a 7 minute walk from hotel. Other than 3 story mall, you must drive or use public transit from hotel to see any site seeing places. Outside of hotel, more hotels and parking lots in walking distance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Crystal Gateway Marriott, located minutes from downtown Washington, D.C. And less than 1 mile from Reagan National Airport. Explore the entire Washington, D.C. Area via the Metro which is connected to our Arlington hotel. Step into our spacious hotel lobby here in the heart of Crystal City, VA, and enjoy complimentary wireless Internet access. Settle into one of our nearly 700 well appointed rooms and suites, each offering plush bedding, flat-screen TVs, and Marriott's unique Plug-In technology panels. Dine onsite at The Atrium or Restaurant Mez or grab a quick bite at Einstein's Bagels shop. Hosting an event in the Washington, DC area? Explore our hotel's 35,000 square feet of versatile and sophisticated venue space, and enjoy our prime location near Washington Reagan Airport (DCA). With the Crystal City Metro at our hotel doorstep, discovering the many attractions of Arlington, VA and downtown DC has never been easier. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Hotwire, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Priceline, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crystal Gateway Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Crystal Gateway Hotel Arlington
- Marriott Hotel Crystal Gateway
- Marriott Arlington
- Arlington Marriott