“Good facility for a conference”

Crystal Gateway Marriott
Ranked #14 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
Washington, DC
“Good facility for a conference”
Reviewed May 6, 2012 via mobile

3rd to 4th year in a row an annual meeting has been held here. Nice rooms. Good conference facilities. Good food with nice choices.

Stayed April 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
  • Korean first
Warren, Vermont
Reviewed May 6, 2012

The staff were all very friendly and helpful, however the quality of the food was very poor. We ate both in the restaurant and at a private function and the food served was of low quality and poorly presented. The rooms were clean, but we thought the beds very a little soft for us. It is a very convenient location for sightseeing with the metro a short walk from the hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
North Salt Lake, Utah
Reviewed May 5, 2012

The hotel is a typical Marriott, in Crystal City (not Arlington) near the airport. The rooms are well appointed with standards Marriott amenities, including a very cushy, comfy bed and a nice range of tv choices. The hotel is large, meaning long walks to convention areas, but once you get the lay of the land, it is easy to find your way around. My room on the 3rd floor was quiet, even near the ice machine, and the staff was helpful. The underground shopping area is a good place to grab a fast lunch, but I had trouble finding something nice to sit down in...I maybe didn't have enough time to look around. The conference food was very good and the conference staff attentive. They kept wine glasses full and dirty plates cleared. Very nice.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
new jersey
Reviewed May 4, 2012

the hotel is fine and pretty easy for dc travelers. as long as a hotel is nice and clean I could usually not care at all about the staff. However the front desk staff is so rude!!!!!!!!what ever my reservation was which was a double bedded room on the higher floors. I have 2 kids and I heard there was a view. Well was that ever a mistake. I was told to wait 2 extra hours and the woman I think her name was Keisha at the front desk she called herself a manager said to me "you have too many requests" really????I called a month ago held my reservation on my card asked for a double bedded room on a higher floor. She made me feel so frustrated that I did not want to even check in . My husband and kids sat in the lobby. One of my kids walked over and asked why "this lady was being so mean to mommy." This hotel will lose business because of the horrible customer service of the front desk . I always travel marriott and these staff members give the marriott name a bad reputation. Believe me if i had I not been with my kids I would not have checked in at all. Mind you... I am a very nice person that does not complain but I almost felt verbally abused but this staff member in front of my family. Embarassing to marriott to hire staff like that!!!!

Room Tip: do not give requests for this hotel ahead
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank michelle418
Chappaqua, NY
Reviewed May 4, 2012

Large hotel very close to Washington DC. Connected to metro. Rooms were clean and bright. Bathroom had nice amenities. No mini bar in standard room. Connected to an underground shopping arcade where there was a Starbucks and other fast food and sit down restaurant. Great way to see DC at reduced rates.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
SD, California
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Stayed there for 3 nights as part of History National Bowl. Eventhough hotel was packed with students and parents, in most part hotel staff managed to remain calm, helpful and up to a Mariott standards. Very clean rooms, new bathrooms have excellent toiletries and beds are super comfortable. Another plus - good location. It is close to Reagan Airport and they offer a shuttle. We coudn't use since were flying to Dullas. For us Taxi or Shuttle(not free) were the only options. I found very convenient that they have tunnel right from inside of the hotel to Metro, and tunnel area is basically the underground mall. It should be a big plus during bad weather. Having Metro literally in the hotel made it very easy and fast to get to Washington D.C. downtown area. They charge WiFi in the room, but it's free in the lobby, so I didn't find it a big problem. Their restaurant is good, We didn't eat inside but ordered food to go. The bar area is very lively with some good choices of food and drinks. We ate there when it was late and were happy with our meal (kitchen closes at 11:15 pm which is good if you missed your dinner time) Area around hotel is nice,offices and some apartments, so on the weekend not so much going on.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
boston
Reviewed May 2, 2012

Stayed here 3 nights during the National History Bowl and Bees, April 2012 and had a good time despite the crowd and the chaos of the competition.
Loved the location (near the metro station, and the underground shopping center, lots of restaurants and places to eat nearby), the services (free shuttle transportation to and from the airport, quick check-in and out, helpful and friendly staffs), the room (clean and comfy)
Will come again!