This was a business trip, to a conference held at the Marriott, and booked at least 6 months prior to event. Upon arrival, 10 pm, they told me it was overbooked, and the only room available was a room meant to be part of a suite.
That would not have been an issue, even if a queen sized bed was booked, if the bed was a "normal" one and not a murphy's bed. And most of all, if it wasn't broken. On top of that, since it was meant to be a adjoining room to a bedroom suite, there was a huge table in the middle of the room. Not a functioning one since one leg was broken off, and just left on top of a chair.
So at close to midnight, I am subjected to a broken bed, no table to work on , nothing they can do about it until the next day. They switched rooms the next day, compensated with free breakfast etc etc.
However, after a terrible night's sleep, and I"m not a teenager going to a legal conference, no desk to work on, the breakfast, somehow, didn't quite fill the bill. Let's say, at my age, I'm not sure I would want to ever attend any conference at the same hotel. And I have been going to this conference annually for many years.
Being a seasoned traveller, I know there are always a few vacant rooms for emergencies. This means the hotel was seriously overbooked, beyond statistically accepted norms. I'm not sure I would ever book at another Marriott Hotel . Once burned, I've learned.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Crystal Gateway Marriott, located minutes from downtown Washington, D.C. And less than 1 mile from Reagan National Airport. Explore the entire Washington, D.C. Area via the Metro which is connected to our Arlington hotel. Step into our spacious hotel lobby here in the heart of Crystal City, VA, and enjoy complimentary wireless Internet access. Settle into one of our nearly 700 well appointed rooms and suites, each offering plush bedding, flat-screen TVs, and Marriott's unique Plug-In technology panels. Dine onsite at The Atrium or Restaurant Mez or grab a quick bite at Einstein's Bagels shop. Hosting an event in the Washington, DC area? Explore our hotel's 35,000 square feet of versatile and sophisticated venue space, and enjoy our prime location near Washington Reagan Airport (DCA). With the Crystal City Metro at our hotel doorstep, discovering the many attractions of Arlington, VA and downtown DC has never been easier. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Priceline, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelsClick and HRS so you can book your Crystal Gateway Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Crystal Gateway Hotel Arlington
- Marriott Hotel Crystal Gateway
- Marriott Arlington
- Arlington Marriott