We spent a few days at the Marriott Crystal Gateway hotel during the NCAA March Madness. Several of the participating teams stayed on property, and the lobby was ALWAYS busy but we were never disturbed by the groups in the hotel.
Due to Marriott elite status, we had access to the Concierge lounge though our room was not on the same floor. The evening spread was nice, and the honor bar was available until 10 p.m. The breakfast was a basic continental: breads, fruits, yogurts, cereals, juices. A pan of scrambled eggs was also in the buffet.
Water and cokes are always available however, not after breakfast on Friday. The room is locked throughout the weekend. The price of the room per night was pricey enough, so it would have been nice to have beverage service throughout the weekend.
The room was nice, no great views but you are in a basic business park with many high rise apartment complexes.
There are lots of restaurants within walking distance, along with a Costco, and shopping mall. Anything you would need to purchase while traveling is easy to find.
Within the walk to the Metro, we passed a Rite Aid pharmacy and convenience store, along with restaurants and a Dunkin' Donuts.
A short Metro ride into the city puts you in the middle of all of the museums and sights of DC. A similar cab ride costs less than $10.
Ask about the airport shuttle which is complimentary.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Crystal Gateway Marriott, located minutes from downtown Washington, D.C. And less than 1 mile from Reagan National Airport. Explore the entire Washington, D.C. Area via the Metro which is connected to our Arlington hotel. Step into our spacious hotel lobby here in the heart of Crystal City, VA, and enjoy complimentary wireless Internet access. Settle into one of our nearly 700 well appointed rooms and suites, each offering plush bedding, flat-screen TVs, and Marriott's unique Plug-In technology panels. Dine onsite at The Atrium or Restaurant Mez or grab a quick bite at Einstein's Bagels shop. Hosting an event in the Washington, DC area? Explore our hotel's 35,000 square feet of versatile and sophisticated venue space, and enjoy our prime location near Washington Reagan Airport (DCA). With the Crystal City Metro at our hotel doorstep, discovering the many attractions of Arlington, VA and downtown DC has never been easier. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Crystal Gateway Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Crystal Gateway Hotel Arlington
- Marriott Hotel Crystal Gateway
- Marriott Arlington
- Arlington Marriott