“Very good”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Arlington, Virginia
“Very good”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I was here the other night with a big group of my friends. The service and atmosphere were great. The food was very good. The desert French toast was unreal.

• Visited October 2013

“Ok”
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

The food was good but extremely pricey for what. They claim to be Greek but tell you on being seated that they are like a Spanish tapas bar. They have a few Greek type items. We went in for lunch on a Saturday. The place had a few people in but it was very loud. There is clearly no sound proofing. This made it unpleasant. I would have to think hard about another visit. I would probably vote no. Service was OK.

Washington, DC
“Excellent Service, Okay Food”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

This was my first visit to Cava Mezze. I've picked up their hummus and other dips at the grocery store, and had heard good things about them, so we decided to check them out yesterday.

The service was excellent! We had a fantastic waiter who knew the menu, provided suggestions, checked on vegetarian options for us, and went above and beyond, I would say, by checking whether the feta was made with rennet (they didn't know, but he googled and found a list of rennet-less cheeses that included the feta they use).

The food was okay. Maybe it was what we ordered, but everything was fried and very filling. We got the brussel sprouts, the califlower, the dips, and the falafel. I really liked the baba ganoush. The waiter mentioned that they are famour for their feta. I didn't try it, but it looked great. My son really liked the hummus and the tzatziki.

The presentation of the food was also excellent, by the way!

Because we had just a great waiter, I want to give Cava Mezze another go, and order items that aren't fried. But I was not pulled by the food.

• Visited October 2013
Jersey Shore
“Fun and Delicious”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We ate here at the suggestion of my cousin, who lives in the area and has been several times. Inside was COLD so we sat outside in the back courtyard even though it was a bit hot/humid. That ended up being a good decision because when we walked through the restaurant on our way out, the noise level was deafening. We would not have enjoyed it half as much if we were inside.

Putting those considerations aside, the food was delicious. We ordered the flaming cheese, green beans, the meatballs with potatoes (2 orders), spanikopida, and souvlaki and shared between three of us. It was all amazing. If I am in Arlington again, I would definitely want to return.

• Visited August 2013
“What a lovely surprise!”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I took a long walk from my hotel and landed in this neat little neighborhood called Clarendon. I happened onto Cava because of the line out the door. It has a patio out back, vibrant bar scene and a neat (and potentially romantic) vibe. The food is like tapas with a variety of cultures mixed in. Cucumber Mohitos are the bomb and the menu offerings are really unique. The flaming cheese looks incredible!

Visited June 2013