“perfect away from home”

Ranked #26 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
Arlington, Virginia
“perfect away from home”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Perfect location and easy access to metro, do not need a car to move around Washington DC. Comfortable, clean and accomodating.
The hotel personel were very helpfull with their assistance.
The restaurant offered good views of Washington DC all the way around. At the restaurant the service was pleasent at all the time, and the food was very flavorfull just what you need away from home.
Internet service was efficient and without problems. Parking was very accessible.
We really enjoed and we will return when we have to come to DC.

1 Thank giotto2014
HolidayInnRosslyn, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rosslyn @ Key Bridge, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear giotto2014,

Thank you for taking the time to respond. We appreciate you staying here at the Holiday Inn Rosslyn as we know there are many places to choose from in the area. I'm happy to hear there is a comfort level with our hotel, as a home away from home. Please let us know when you'll be back in the area. Look forward to seeing you soon!!

Thanks again,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (420)
  • Hebrew first
Reviewed March 1, 2014

I have been staying at this property annually for at least 5+ years while attending a professional conference (also held annually in this hotel). Staff is always friendly and accommodating and the rooms are clean, and comfortable. Close to the Metro station and Georgetown. Great view from the restaurant. About a year ago, I found out I was gluten sensitive, and had to make some dietary changes in my life. I do not suffer from Celiac disease, but gluten-containing foods and my digestive system do not mix well. Unfortunately (view excluded), my only disappointment is with the restaurant. There is no gluten-free menu (as offered in many places these days), notations on the regular menu listing gluten-free options, or solid help from the wait staff, or even someone from the kitchen coming out to answer my questions. In fact, our wait person first seemed confused and then shifted to a rather care-free posture. If you don't have any dietary restrictions, then the food is fine. Even though my one and only visit to the restaurant this year was not so stellar, there are at least some options near the hotel. So, I'll be back next year for the room, but will be going elsewhere to eat.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Maria G,

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I'm sorry to hear about your experience with our menu for the restaurant. We have looked into modifying the menu, and making the staff more aware of potential dietary restrictions. We look forward to having you back next year, and should have some alternative menu items for you to choose from.

Thank you again for taking the time to respond,
Lynnfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I would return. Great location, to Metro, Georgetown and visiting DCA. We were part of a group and the staff couldn't have been more accommodating. My son left a handheld device and they retrieved it and returned within a few day. COD reasonable. Enjoyed....

Room Tip: Request higher floor overlook Potomac and Georgetown. Corner room.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Donna A
Dear Donna A,

Thank you for your response and your stay here at the Holiday Inn Rosslyn. Sorry to here your son lost his device, but glad it was found. Sincerely hope the group had a good time, and we look forward to having you (and/or the group) back again.

Summersville, WV
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Stayed overnight at this hotel in January 2014. The hotel accomodations were very nice. Comfortable beds with lots of pillows. everything clean and tidy. The desk service was quick and pleasant.
We ate our evening meal in the restaurant on the top floor...what a great view of the Potomac and city lights! Food was good and the service was great.
Just a short walk to the Rosslyn Metro Station makes visiting the DC area easy!
Would book here again without hesitation!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank DJWSummersville_WV
Dear DJWSummersville_WV,

Thank you for your response, and thank you for your stay here at the Holiday Inn Rosslyn. I excited and happy to here your stay went well. We look forward to having you back to the area soon.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

This is the perfect place to stay when visiting Washington, DC. It is easy to find; has free parking and is extremely convenient to the Metro! The staff & service were outstanding and the rooms are very nice. I always look for an indoor pool when I'm traveling during the Fall & Winter months, so I can enjoy a dip while it's nippy outside. The pool area & exercise room are 1st rate. The restaurant on the 17th floor was beautiful & the food & value was great! I definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Jackey115
Dear Jackey115,

Thank you for taking the time to respond, and thank you for your stay here at the Holiday Inn Rosslyn. I'm glad you were able to take advantage of our indoor pool and fitness center during the chilly months. We hope to have you back to the hotel soon.

New Jersey
Reviewed February 24, 2014

My sister and I went to visit our younger brother who lives in Arlington (literally a stone's throw from the hotel and also from the Rosslyn Metro stop). We were debating between this hotel and other ones near by, but ultimately we went with the Holiday Inn because of the room rate.

THE POSITIVES: The lobby looks newly renovated and is very welcoming. There is free parking and free wifi in the rooms. The front desk was accommodating in giving me and my sister rooms that were on the same floor despite having booked separately. Unfortunately, the positives pretty much end there.

THE NEGATIVES: The wifi in the rooms sometimes did not accept the username and password I was given, and on the second night of my stay the website were you put in that information was down for maintenance. Not the end of the world since I really did stay in the DC area to use free wifi. The weekend I was in DC was an exceptionally warm weekend for February and the hall way was super hot like the heat was blasting. Again, not the end of the world since I was not going to be sleeping in the hall. However, the rooms were like saunas and even though i turned on the AC unit there was no relief. My sister went to ask the front desk about the heat and AC and they said there is a main control for the entire hotel so we could not control individually our rooms. Interesting....I eventually slept with the sliding glass door open and hoped no birds would find their way in or have a visit from Spiderman. The rooms have two sinks (one in the bathroom and one in the hallway) which I thought was weird until my husband who was with me was trying to brush his teeth at the same time as me. Then I realized the need for two sinks - bathroom too small for two adults.

Overall, I liked where the hotel was located because it gave easy access to DC, but was sort of in a secluded area of Arlington. In order to go out at night near Arlington we either had to take a cab or subway. To get to Georgetown you could just walk across the bridge and you were there. Good location for someone looking to visit DC on a budget and not be in the middle of it all.

Dear ctyankee05,

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I appreciate the depth to your response. Apologies for the temperature problem throughout the hotel. We're on a centralized system, and we try to do our best to accommodate the weather conditions. I apologize too for your experience with Wifi. They usually have to do maintenance on the system a couple times a year. Sorry it fell during the weekend you were here. We would love to have you and your sister back to our hotel. Please call us in advance so we can make sure we're accommodating your needs.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed February 24, 2014

It is difficult to find a reasonable hotel very near Washington, DC. This Holiday Inn is one of them. It is just across the Potomac River from the city. Two beds in a room is $80/night. The Metro is almost across the street from it and buses are available too. In fact, I recommend this hotel for wonderful service, accommodating staff, clean rooms, etc.
There is a great, inexpensive bus for 50¢ for a ride into Georgetown and Dupont Circle, and it's only 25¢ for seniors. I comes in just north of the Rosslyn Metro station on N. Moore Street, just one block over from the front door of the hotel. It's called the Circulator (in downtown also). It does not take you to the museums downtown, but there are Metro stops and other buses to do that from wherever you get off between Rossyln and Dupont Circle.
Mainly, you have nice accommodations at this Holiday Inn and you don't lose time getting into and out of the city. It's about 10 minutes into the city once you get the bus or get into the Metro.

Room Tip: As high up as possible and see if you can get the north side with a view of the city.
2 Thank kaffir1
Dear kaffir1,

Thank you for taking the time to respond. We appreciate your stay here at the Holiday Inn Rosslyn. I'm happy to hear the local travel options fit your needs, and the location was convenient. We look forward to having you back in the area soon.