“Pretty Good Stay”

Ranked #26 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Pretty Good Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

I stayed here with my daughter for an event in the area. Overall it was a nice stay, check in was easy, and the room was clean when we got up there. We had a balcony, which was nice to get some fresh air now and then. The restaurant on the top floor was nice. The food was very good, and they had a large selection and good prices. The only downside was the slow service, even though there were hardly any people there. The elevators in the hotel were VERY slow. If you have to be somewhere early, I recommend giving at least 10 minutes for the elevators since they are very slow! Otherwise, it was a nice stay.

Room Tip: Do not choose a room near the elevators, they are dinging all night!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
HolidayInnRosslyn, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Rosslyn @ Key Bridge, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear Travelgirl728,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Holiday Inn at Rosslyn. We thank you for choosing our location, considering that you are kind of local and could have chosen any hotel in the area. We are ecstatic to hear that you enjoyed your stay and trust me, we are working on trying to improve our elevator traffic. Please come visit us again so that we can make you feel right at home.

Hotel Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (411)
  • Hebrew first
Ormond Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Have always enjoyed staying here, during the Bookfair. The rooms are always clean, the hallways and rooms don't smell of smoke. Quiet, no thumping from above. Always very accommodating. Had a late checkout so I could go up to my room and rest and have lunch before the end of the Bookfair. The exercise equipment was up-to-date and my hubby and I made use of it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear 58sandy53,

Thank you for choosing to stay with the Holiday Inn at Rosslyn for your accommodations. We are ecstatic to hear that enjoyed our location and all the great service that was provided. I'm glad that you continue to stay with us during the book fair event that goes on every year. Please come and see us again next year so that we can make you feel right at home.

Holiday Inn Management
North Liberty, Iowa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

I like staying at this hotel as it is very close to the airport and to the metro so getting around is easy and no car is required. The hotel is in the process of updating and I would ask for an updated room. This time my room was not updated. While it was OK it was below the standard I would expect for a Holiday Inn. The walls are thin and I could hear the person in the next room coughing. The staff was friendly and it was an overall good experience. The location makes up for the other short falls.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has been rennovated.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Brassmat,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Holiday Inn at Rosslyn. Im glad that enjoyed your experience here with us although you were not put in on of our updated rooms. We will most certainly try to get you in one next time as we value our guests' needs. Thank you again for continued business and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Victor, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

After staying for a four day conference, I left with mixed feelings.This hotel has many positives offset by an annoying series of negatives. Aside from cleanliness and safety, I most value warmth and quiet in hotels. I arrived well in advance of check-in at 11:00am and was pleasantly surprised that they had a room available for me. I asked only that it be a quiet one, and was assured it was "at the end of the hall." I went upstairs and as I approached the room found a dirty room service plate and spoon laying on the carpet beside the door. Very off-putting, and made me wonder if there was someone still in the room (I mean would a maid clean a room and not remove a small plate and spoon?). The room was ready and as several other reviewers have mentioned it was warm! Unfortunately, there was little quiet as drink machines were being moved around and staff people were talking in the hallway. There was a one-inch gap between the door and the door jam that made the transmittal of sound very easy. I soon learned that the hotel is situated alongside the flight path for Reagan International airport 3 miles away and the jets descend literally outside the window every few minutes. The noise from the jets, numerous helicopters and the traffic made things way too noisy. I was on the 14th floor and it was NOT quiet. I've stayed at many downtown hotels in Washington as well as other cities and have never had the level of noise experienced here. Additionally the room had two permanently locked doors to adjoining rooms that were in no way sealed to minimize noise. I could hear the person to the left of me coughing and the baby to the right of me crying at midnight. Not good. The room was wonderfully warm, and I was able to adjust the heat to my liking. The food provided for the conference was amazing, kudos to the conference catering staff because they did an outstanding job! My luck with The Vantage Point restaurant on the 17th floor was not as good. I went up there for dinner and ordered Seafood Norfolk (a dish with crumbled crabmeat, scallops and shrimp). It was delivered luke warm and upon being returned after I requested it be made hot it was still luke warm. I tasted the crabmeat, and it was a pile of pieces of crabmeat with crust on it. It appeared to be crumbled up crabcakes. And the crust was burned. The dish was a complete fail. The young server was most gracious, and he did a good job but the meal was a bust. At 8:30pm on another evening, I went down to the little coffee shop in hopes of finding a coffee and a sandwich and the place was locked up. Disappointing. The elevators do move exceptionally slow so maneuvering a large group to and from conference events meant a lot of waiting. The wi-fi was free but very sporadic and undependable. The fitness center is nicely equipped but there are no instructions available about how to use the machines (elliptical). I found all the personnel to be friendly and helpful, but the noise is the deal breaker for me.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank robspetal
Dear robspetal,

Thank you for taking the time to write all of your comments about our hotel. We are happy to hear that you were pleased with the service we had to offer and that your meetings went well.
We do ,however, regret hearing that your room accommodations weren't the best. If you ever happen to stay at our location again we will most certainly try to provide you with a nice quiet room so you may sleep tight.

Hotel Management.
Waterloo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Second stay in two years with family. Two teenaged children and spouse. Breakfast a good way to start the day. Lots of fresh fruit, yoghurt, oatmeal.

Dining room staff very personable and welcoming. Only suggestion would be to change up hot buffet a little.

Quiet clean rooms. Free parking is a huge bonus. Great access to everything. Short walk to Georgetown over the Key Bridge. Short walk to subway. Lots of great eateries on Wilson .

Great pool and workout room.

Room Tip: Top floors away from elevators
Dear canadafoodiewanabe,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn at Rosslyn. We are very pleased to here that you enjoyed our location and all of the amenities we had to offer. We hope to be able to accommodate you again in the near future so we may be able to continue providing you with the great service you have come to expect.

Holiday Inn Management.
Fernandina Beach, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Normally, you think of the top floor of a hotel as the premium area. The penthouse, the best views, etc. Not so here. I stayed on the top floor (for rooms) and was apparently put under the dish washing area of the restaurant. Well into the morning there was noise going on above me. While I am a bit of a heavy sleeper, I couldn't even get to sleep with the noise.

While the room as decent, it was nothing special. I did expect anything more as this is one of the most affordable hotels this close to the primary attractions in DC. It is a few blocks from the Metro, which does make it convenient to getting around the DC area. It was raining when I was there, and there is not covered area to get to the Metro, so that was a bit of a bummer. There aren't a lot of restaurants within walking distance, which also takes away from staying in this area.

Would lower rooms have been ok? My guess is yes. So, the advice for this hotel is don't shoot for the top! Stay lower and enjoy your sleep! Dine elsewhere before coming back to the hotel.

Room Tip: Eat before coming back to your room as there isn't a great selection of food close by. Don't...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank 1960Corvette
Dear 1960Corvette,

Thank you for taking the time to write feedback on our hotel. We apologize that you were unable to get any sleep while you were here. Our goal is to try and provide the best experience possible for our guests' and unfortunately we weren't able to do so. If you happen to choose our location the next time you are in the area we will try our best to accommodate you with nice quiet room so you can sleep well through the night.

Belgrade, Maine
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

I first stayed at this hotel a year ago when I was in DC for a family visit and decided to stay there again for a couple days.

Big mistake.

First, the positives: It is conveniently located just a block from the Rosslyn Metro station and an easy walk across the bridge to Georgetown. The staff are friendly and the breakfast buffet for Priority Club guests is very nice. The view from the 17th floor restaurant is very nice.

However. Upon arrival, I discovered that they apparently completely ignored by room request for 2 double beds and instead put me in a king room. When I reminded them of my request, the only double rooms available were directly across from the elevator (also something I specifically requested be avoided). So I was out of luck for the first night, but they offered to change my room for the 2nd night.

Aside from location, the room was very noisy. The sliding glass windows provided what seemed like no buffer to the sound of jets taking off and landing at DCA (several miles away). The bathroom is very tiny to the point of it being difficult to get in an out of the shower - and the towels and bedding were seriously low end.

There are a lot of other places to stay in this area, and for future visits, I'll be using one of them.

In terms of the facility and location, I would score it 1 star, but the staff really was quite nice - and I hope they are able to get a promotion to a location where the accommodations allow them to provide a better customer experience.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel
3 Thank Jay B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rosslyn @ Key Bridge, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Jay B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback, we value your loyalty to our brand and hotels. I am pleased to know that you find our staff nice and our location suited your needs. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you have experienced during your stay and for the inconvenience the outside noise may have caused. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for.

I hope this would not deter you from choosing us again in the future.

Krysllin G.