“Great experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #26 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
Vienna, VA
“Great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

We wanted to get away for a night and stay local so we booked a room at the Key Bridge Holiday Inn. We had a very relaxing weekend which was just what we were looking for. The room was spacious and comfortable, the staff was very helpful and management went out of their way to make sure the stay was perfect. The room had a great view of DC. Parking is also free in their garage which is a HUGE bonus in that area. The hotel is within walking distance of lots of restaurants and things to do, or you can jump on the metro next door to head into the city. With its location and business center the hotel would also be ideal for a business traveller. We ordered room service for dinner and had brunch at the restaurant on the top level. Both were excellent.

Room Tip: Upper level rooms offer a great view no matter which direction you are facing.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HolidayInnRosslyn, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Rosslyn @ Key Bridge, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of the Holiday Inn at Rosslyn.
We are very glad that you enjoyed our hotel and great service even though you were local and could have decided to stay anywhere else. It is feedback like yours that makes us alway want to go the extra mile for our guests. The next time you decide that you wanna get out of the house for a night out in D.C, please don't hesitate to look us up.

Holiday Inn Management.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (407)
  • Hebrew first
West of Philly
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

I was expecting to have q leisurely morning of it by sleeping in until 9 or so. Got up and out the door for breakfast at 9:30 only to find that he restaurant had already closed. Went up the street to the Hyatt and had breakfast there instead. Oh well.

The room itself was spotless and clean, and the bed and pillows were very comfortable. The bathroom was immaculate, too. My only complaint was that the drain did not drain so by the time I finished with my shower I was standing ankle deep in bath water. Eeww.

One thing the hotel does not have direct control over was the stupidly rowdy guests on my floor who insisted on having a hallway conversation at the top of their lungs - I guess you get deafer as you get drunker? This happened twice with the second time being at 3:30 AM. I almost got up the energy to call the front desk, or get out of bed and yell at the boofs, but drifted back to sleep again and made it through the rest of the morning without incident.

My only other complaint was also not the hotel's fault, but instead the fact that there must have been a fire station just up the street to the west because twice during the night they fired up and their loud sirens woke me right up.

I am planning a trip to the DC area in late April with friends from overseas and have not yet decided whether to book the three rooms with these guys again or not.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank BobWestOfPhilly
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write feedback of the Holiday Inn at Rosslyn. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed our amenities even though there were other inconveniences there kept the experience from being excellent. We take everyone's feedback into consideration so that we may improve our everyday workings. Thank you once again for staying with us and we hope to accommodate you again in the near future.

Holiday Inn Management
brazil
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

This hotel is a very disappointing. The first impressions of the hotel are quite good as it looks so beautiful from outside. I stayed here on the first night of a 3 day tour of Arlington. The hotel looks clean but services, staff and the food is horrible. I didn’t expected disappointment from such a beautiful hotel. I will say “Don’t Stay”

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank aderberto a
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write feedback on our hotel. We sincerely apologize that our service and amenities was not to the standard that you come to expect from the Holiday inn chain.
We welcome every opportunity to better ourselves and our service. Thank you again for the welcomed feedback

Hotel Management
Houston, Texas, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

When I Go Into My Room, Bottles & Used Cups Were Every Where, I Was Moved To A Clean Room, But Was Smothered By The Heater And Couldnt Cool The Room Down Because They "Turn ThE a/C Off In ThE Entire Building For Winter". Final Icing Was The Unwillingness For The Hotel Clerk To Allow Me To Purchase Postage To Mail A postcard. Seems Like A Service Even A Bed & Breakfast Could Have Provided. Not What I Expected FRom A Large Chain hotel.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank Candy_Rou
HolidayInnRosslyn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rosslyn @ Key Bridge, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Tank you for taking the time to review our hotel. First and foremost we would like to apologize for the inconvenience that you went through at the start of your stay. We take our guests feedback very seriously and use it to improve our service on a daily basis. Please allow us to show you our continuing improvement by accommodating you on your next visit to the D.C area.

Hotel Management.
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

The hotel was in a safe location and the rooms were relatively clean, but the front desk staff was absolutely horrible. We had booked ahead of the time by calling Holiday Inn, and we paid for a room with 1 King bed. However, the systems were down when we went to check in, so they just gave us keys to a room that turned out to be adjacent to the elevator shafts (annoying "dings" all night) with 2 DOUBLE beds. We went downstairs to ask to switch to one with a King bed as we paid for that room type and it was more expensive than one with 2 doubles, but the front desk staff said "No No I can't do anything" and literally walked away from us. Horrendous service - would never go again!

If you're in the area, I'd choose the Holiday Inn at Ballston instead - it looked much nicer, in a safer location with more shops/restaurants around, and had a very friendly front desk concierge.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank D J
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rosslyn @ Key Bridge, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear D J,

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. I am deeply sorry for the unacceptable service you have received from our staff. I assure you that this is not the norm you should expect from our hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Boone, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

I love to come here with it's free parking and metro access. The staff is very helpful even through their updating efforts. We love the breakfast buffet that gives a great start for adventure in the city. Kids love the pool (GO FIGURE) Always a great spot to stay!

Room Tip: Get a room looking at Georgetown1
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear valued guest,

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Holiday Inn at Rosslyn. Reviews like this are what keep us wanting to go the extra mile for our guests. We really hope to see you and your family again the next time you are in the area and wanna take a nice dip in our pool.

Holiday Inn Management
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

Find another place to stay. This hotel is old and out-dated, yet still expensive. I stayed here 1 night while interviewing for a job in the area. I tried to add my Holiday Inn member number, but the lady could not add it for some reason. So I got my room key and went up, and the room was a decent size, but just very old looking. It did not feel very clean to me at all. The bathroom is small and didn’t feel clean either. When I called down to ask for more soap/shampoo, the lady told me to come down and get it! I have NEVER had that happen to me ever before in any hotel.

In the morning, workers were doing something down the hall and it was loud and obnoxious. They should at least wait till the middle of the day when all the guests are up to do work like this. When I went downstairs to check out, I told the front desk lady (same as night before) Company X is paying for the room and it should be noted by the company. She could not pull it up and told me she had to charge me for the room. Seeing how I had to get to the interview, I let her charge my credit card. When I got to the interview, I did mention the charge. The HR department had to call the hotel to straighten it out and I was eventually refunded the money on my credit card. Still, the lady at the front desk (same as the one who told me to come get the shampoo/soap from her at the front desk) should have known that the Company contracts with them. The breakfast on the top floor was average, but there were nice views from up there. For this type of money, do not stay here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank a300zx4pak
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time write feedback about our hotel. We regret to hear that your stay was not on par to what you have come to expect in the D.C area. We take our guest feedback very seriously and use to improve our everyday operations. Please allow us to restore your faith in us by trying to help accomdate you the next time you come to town.

Hotel Management