“Just Average Food. Cute Environment.”
Review of King Street Blues

King Street Blues
Ranked #78 of 940 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Description: So, what is comfort food with a southern accent? We are not a BBQ house but many say our slow hickory smoked back ribs, pulled pork and pulled chicken are the best when smothered with our signature Mahagony BBQ Sauce. Not to be overlooked is the Jambalaya Pasta. And, of course, for the light at heart, we also have scrumptious broiled Salmon cakes, awesome salads and more for those watching their waist line. You want the southern accent? Try our Southern Supper or any of our great Po' Boys, Burgers with an attitude, and fine Southern Salads. We guarantee you will be pleasantly surprised with our fare, we use the freshest of ingredients, and we don't charge you an arm and leg for it!
Reviewed December 2, 2012

This is more of a bar than a restaurant I think. The decor is entertaining, cute, and fun. Lots to make you smile. The food is casual and it's good. It's a lot of fried food, burgers, chips, BBQ, things like that. I usually get the BBQ sammy with two sides. The cole slaw is very good. The chips are good. The bartender makes a very good Bloody Mary and the wait staff has always been very pleasant and attentive. For casual dining, burgers, sammys, and BBQ this is a good place to go. They also have a location in Old Town Alexandria Virginia near the corner of King St and St. Asaph St, which has similar decor, but is much smaller than this location. I think there is also one in Kingstowne.

1  Thank LadyAboutTown

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stopped in for late dinner, got served fast but never felt rushed. Food is tasty with offerings for all tastes. Staff is accomodating and friendly.

1  Thank Hellfighter
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Husband loved the ribs - we both loved the onion tangle and the music was fantastic. The location close to Marriott gateway is great.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

I used to live in Crystal City and then Old Town Alexandria. When KSB opened in Old Town in 1991 (or was it 1990) we immediately fell in love with everything KSB - would eat there at least twice a month.

I now live away from DC, but bring my family down often to visit museums. We park in Crystal City and ride Metro into town. Was delighted to see beloved KSB had a location in the underground.

This review is for my second visit to KSB Crystal City. The Food was as expected - very, very good. We sat in bar area to watch Michigan State game. Onion Tangle appetizer was excellent. I got Brisket on a roll, kids got burgers, sister got brisket/andouille sausage combo. Great meal after a long day of touring!

My only complaint which comes from visit #1: How DARE they take away the Wet Willie from the menu!! The Wet Willie was a signature dish when they opened in Old Town. They even have a Stained Glass sculpture of the Wet Willie. Epic Fail KSB - The Wet Willie was your best menu item!!!

For those of you who never got to experience the Wet Willie, it was a foot-long grilled frankfurter covered with pulled pork, onion tangle, white cheddar, onions, and BBQ sauce. I even coined a phrase I use to this day - the Wet Willie Syndrome. When you go to a restaurant and you want to order something different, but you know you really want the one thing you always get because you love it so much, that's a Wet Willie.

No matter how good my last meal at KSB was (and it was!), it will always fall short....

R.I.P. Wet Willie

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Great value, old-school Southern food fixed just right. I would not expect to find such a place in Crystal City, but I am glad that I took a chance on it.