“What a dump!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #48 of 49 Hotels in Arlington
Long Island, NY
“What a dump!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2010

We stayed here recently, with another couple friends of ours, for a family birthday party close by. Never again!! The rooms were small, outdated and the beds were not the most comfortable. The offering of breakfest was just coffee & doughnuts, (It did say Continental) so we didn't expect too much there and went to a resturant in a shopping plaza for real breakfeast.. Rooms were cheap, so you get what you pay for. There was a dog show in town somplace and the Inn took animals & their owners. I wonder how the rooms looked after these people left. One couple had three (3) German Sheppards with them in a room. Ugh!! I wondered if animals occupied our room at some time. Days Inns are really going down hill in my opinion. Next time, it's Comfort Inn.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank den531

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Korean first
South Berwick, Maine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

I just spent the weekend, 10/15/10 - 10/18/10 at this hotel to spend the weekend with my son for parents weekend at GWU. I beg you to READ & UNDERSTAND, this is no place I would even leave my dogs..! No exaggeration, my room #149 had a full size bed and it took up 80% percent of the room. One side less than a foot to the wall, the other perhaps 20 inches to the dresser. The bed was made in 9/1999 !! An 11 year old bed with a TV that had a really red tone to it. The bathroom, disgusting. The shower was approximately 2 feet by 3 feet, my knees were inches from the wall when sitting on the john, my arms hit the wall and the sink while sitting. I am a retired police officer and felt really unsafe in the back part of the hotel. I complained but the attendant who could not speak English very well could have cared less about a suspicious car I reported. She never called police. Without a doubt in my entire life I have never stayed at such a run down dilapidated hotel. I've stayed in cleaner campgrounds. I'm petrified I may have brought home bugs? PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE TAKE MY ADVICE AND PAY A BIT MORE FOR A CLEANER PLACE. I've never written a review like this in my entire life about a hotel or anything else for that matter. Don't try to save a buck, it AINT worth it. If you do stay and ignore this review don't get room #149....!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Arlington hotels

Pullman, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

A typical Days Inn - on the dilapidated side and misrepresented in their advertising. I swore I would never stay at another after a bad experience in Florida, but our friends made the reservations. Had to pay in full weeks before we ever arrived. Beds were comfortable, but the tub faucet dripped constantly - despite a sign urging us to "save the planet - save water" by not requesting that our sheets be changed every day. Heat didn't work at all, only the air conditioning, but the knobs were stripped so you had to use pliers to turn it on. Even with the unit turned off, the rooms would suddenly become very hot at about 3:00 each morning - so warm it woke you out of a sound sleep. Walls are paper thin - you could hear EVERYTHING that went on in neighboring rooms or outside in parking lot - and I do mean everything. Staff mostly friendly, except for one surly, unreliable female shuttle driver. Their in-house restaurant is one of the worst I've ever eaten at, with a limited menu and staff that spoke little English. (I ordered a gin an tonic and was brought a whiskey and seven, then had to explain the difference between whiskey and gin to the waitress). The food was dry, overcooked, and boring - kind of like eating in a school cafeteria in 1955. The place is also poorly located - very far from subway access, despite their advertising to the contrary. It's also located across the road from some sort of military installation that woke us up one morning to 13 rounds of gunshots. Turned out they were using blanks, but it didn't foster a feeling of safety and comfort. Free internet, but only if you're clever. Following their directions is useless. I personally love the irony that I'm using their free internet at the moment to write this review!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2010

This hotel was the greatest disappointment of our trip throughout the east of America. Pictures on the internet do not reflect the true condition of the rooms, the building and facilities. Do not even consider the double bed room.... everytime my husband or I had to go to the bathroom, it was necessary to breathe in so that the other could get past. The rooms are incredibly small. The station was too far to walk to. Recommend staying closer to the train station which provided easy access to the city tourist sites. One had the feeling of being constantly watched from people hanging about the carpark. Only one dinner option up the road if you don't eat at the hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Forchheim, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

The hotel has definitely seen better times, but the rooms are absolutely fine for the money (you can't expect the Hilton at these prices). Maybe too small for US standards, but ok if you're used to hotels in major european cities. The biggest drawback of the hotel is its location, there are no shops/restaurants etc. in the direct vicinity of the hotel.

The staff of the hotel was absolutely wonderful. I was waiting for a package to arrive (but had the problem, that I had only 3 hours until the departure of my return flight to europe). The staff helped me with the online check-in, so I could wait for another half an hour. Of course, in the end the package arrived at the hotel 30 minutes after take-off :-( However, together with the staff, I managed to get the package sent to europe. Thanks guys!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2010

Oh my! We had trouble finding this motel! Yes, we were on highway 50 and the intersection of Pershing Dr. and it wasn't there! We phoned the front desk and were ably assisted by Tarun, the supervisor. He assured us that there was another Pershing further east. Sure enough, here we are!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Arlington, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

I stayed at this hotel from 04-07 May. I awoke one morning in June 2010; six weeks after incubation of the bed-bugs with a swelled up and itchy back. My husband actually pulled 2 bed-bug larvae out of my back. The infections disease doctor confirmed that these bugs usually develop due to lack of cleanness.
This hotel has very dirty mattresses that are not spayed, flipped or changed. The carpets are filthy and there is no way to control the AC. The buttons have been removed. I informed the staff about the stay of disrepair, but was offered no refunds or compensation and only a cursory 'apology'.
I will not recommend this place to anybody. The price is outrageous for such a crappy place.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business