“During Our Grief”

Ranked #50 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
CHESTERFIELD
“During Our Grief”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Managers were accommodating. The front desk associates curteous and responsive to our needs and questions. Location close to Arlington National Cemetary. Price within our budget. Kids loved ease of getting to Washington sites.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Kuwait
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Conveniently located on Route 50 just outside downtown DC. The room was clean so was the bathroom. On my first night I did notice that the bed sheet had a small stain on it, but once I told the lady who looked after preparing the rooms she did replace the sheet. The hotel is a little outdated, but every thing works fine (AC, hotwater) and they had free WiFi and free car parking.
My only complain is that they stop serving breakfast at 9:30 on a Sunday!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Norwalk, Connecticut
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The price was very good for the area. It was almost like you had to win over the staff to help them have an attitude that was better than grudging. They were helpful for sure, but I didn't get the feeling they really wanted to be in this business. The room was comfortable and clean; the cleaning staff did a very good job. We got some good tips about getting around DC from the staff. The "free" breakfast was good too. Another reason I picked this Inn was it's walking distance from Arlington Cemetary. Only problem is there's a military base in between which you can't walk through and the entrance is on the other side (North East) of the Cemetary. We got what we paid for.
RA

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Arlington hotels

Salisbury, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed September 14, 2012

The Motel room was terrible,wall receptacles broken,white powder around edge of floor,I assume was insect repellent due to the ants that were crawling on furniture and on both beds.We had to threaten manager about the ants to get a little dedution from our bill.Shuttle driver very rude to us seniors getting on van.

Room Tip: Look at reviews on line before booking,ask about room furnishing,etc,AC,fridge,Microwave,have a back...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 9, 2012

AC was obviously (from the amount of dust and dirt in and on it) had not been working for quite some time. Why a hotel would rent out a room in summer without AC is way beyond me. Filthy throughout and material condition of facilities was that of a $40 / night dump. I traveled on business, and I can promise no other employee from my company will ever stay here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Hollywood, Florida, United States
Reviewed August 15, 2012

My boyfriend and I were roadtripping through the east coast and wanted to stay in DC for a couple nights. I used expedia to find a hotel but on the way there we realized that the first days inn i chose was too far from all the attractions. So, I arranged for this hotel over the phone. Not knowing what I was getting myself into. But, it was $100/night, so I figured it had to be nice. Since the super 8 we stayed in the night before was suprisingly nice.
So when we arrived, we first noticed how much of a dump it was. Then we went into the lobby and it smelled like gasoline. And the woman at the front desk, Sam, seemed nice at first but then she was just rude and avoided answering our questions. Not sure if she was new or what, but she refused to answer our questions about the shuttle. If she had, it would have saved us a lot of time and money that first day in DC. The shuttle comes every hour and drops you off at a sunoco in DC. I dont know what was so hard about explaining that....
So then we get our room key and cannot find our room. No, Sam did not even try to explain to us where our room was. So we go back inside and she says we have to go around the building.
So we finally find our room and have to drag our luggage up the stairs because there are no elevators, and no one to help us. Mind you, all the cleaning ladies and a maintenence guy were giving us dirty looks. So we open the door to our room, and it not only smells, but it is not nearly enough room for two people. The bed was a full size bed and that was pretty much the room. We had to put the little chair in the room on top of the table to make room for our suitcases. Which were still only able to be layed out one at a time. The bathroom was really really small and had to counter space. The shampoo they gave us was half empty. I was so disgusted by this room. I didnt want to stay there. Luckily we spent most of our time outside in DC touring. But it was not a place I wanted to go home to.
Then the breakfast was a joke of a breakfast. I could not believe i payed twice the amount as the super 8 and got way less! the super 8 had freshly made waffles. This had stale bread and hard boiled eggs. I WILL NEVER STAY IN A DAYS INN AGAIN. EVER. NOT WORTH MORE THAN $30/night!!!!!!

DO NOT STAY HERE!!

Room Tip: Just, dont go here.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Christina T
Austin, Texas
Reviewed August 4, 2012

This place isn't worth your time or money. It's a dump and after dealing with the manager, it's obvious that he doesn't care about his motel or his customers. Customer service is nonexistent and the hotel itself is dirty and noisy, not to mention a bit scary. Save yourself a lot of aggravation and stress and spend your money on one of the other motels in the area. You'll be glad you did!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business