“I live near New Haven, CT This is the real deal”

Pete's New Haven Style Apizza
Ranked #207 of 896 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Description: This place just opened yesterday. It's the third Pete's in the DC area.
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Great pizza, good service, fast and friendly. Very excellent beer. My wife raved about her Panini. This is a seat yourself no-frill place but it is about the pizza not the table service. Place you order and they bring it to your table but you get your own drinks etc. We were there at 5 PM on a Saturday and it was starting to really pick up. I imagine by 9 PM it is crazy, but great pizza is why!

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Great pizza -both the regular for my wife and gluten free for me! The pizzas were excellent and last week on a warm spring night we ate outside!

Reviewed April 16, 2013

I lived in New Haven for 6 years and got spoiled on Modern Apizza (best pizza ever!). Then I moved to DC and suffered from apizza-nostalgia. So you can imagine how excited I was when I heard about New Haven Style Pizza in Arlington. Unfortunately, my excitement vanished with the first bite. Yes, Pete’ New Haven Style pizza has thin crust. That’s about all it has in common with the real New Haven pizza. I believe it was baked in a gas, not a brick oven, and tasted accordingly. How disappointing. It may by an OK pizza by DC standards, but no one who once tasted the real New Haven pizza would ever consider Pete’s New Haven Style pizza to be an acceptable substitute.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Second time there in the pst 6 months. They have a nice choice of tasty combination pizzas. We're from NYC, and prefer our pizzas with an ultra thin crust, running with olive oil, and piping hot. That was not our experience at Pete's, but we were not disappointed because of the variety of toppings available. Plus they were still running their special winter pricing, so we got a good value. All in all, I have to say that it was worth the trip. The best part is that even though you order at the counter, they have a host who assigns you a table, and the staff brings the food to you. It was crowded, but they let us stay as long as liked so we didn't feel rushed. The place seems welcoming to families with young kids, and the parents managed the young ones so that we hardly noticed. The place was very accommodating with the strollers and all the other kid paraphernalia. The parking in the area is a bummer, but there are garages where you can get away for about $6. Otherwise, street parking is available at meters, and after 6 pm, certain residential streets open up for non-residents. Metrorail is another option if you don't drive.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

We go to Pete's because they offer a vegan cheese. Love the pizza! The sauce is flavorful and they have unique veggie options (like whole garlic and fried eggplant crisps). But for a large pizza with the vegan cheese our total comes close to $30.00 with tax, but not including drinks or tip. The crust is pretty thin so we don't feel like we are eating a full meal. Now I know pizzas with meat and cheese are naturally more filling, but for people who are looking for a different option this place has it -- it's just not tons of food. So 4.5 stars for the pizza flavors and 3 for the price. Also, we've noticed that the wait for our pizza has ranged from 15 min - 45 min and it doesn't really seem to depend on the number of people in the restaurant. They might do a lot of deliveries, take-outs so I'm sure that has an effect on the wait.