“Great Gluten Free Pizza”

Pete's New Haven Style Apizza
Ranked #194 of 895 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Description: This place just opened yesterday. It's the third Pete's in the DC area.
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Went here last night because I read that they served GF pizza. Hubby had 12" GF pizza with prosciutto and cherry peppers. He said it was crispy and tasty. My daughter and I shared a 14" pizza with spinach, olives, and artichokes. It was excellent. The crust was thin and was super crispy and cheesy. Definitely some of the best pizza I've had in a while. I also had a nice glass of wine and hubby enjoyed a glass of gluten free beer. The total tab was $48....which in my opinion was a bit steep. The seemed to have a great selection of other ite s like pastas and desserts.

I'd recommend taking a look at their website and having an idea of what you want when you get there. You have to order when you first walk in, and then you pay and pick up your drinks. You are given a number card and you have to find your own table. This could be a problem on a busy night. We got there at 5pm on a cold Friday night and the place was packed. We got the last open table. It is a great place for families. We actually noticed that almost every table had kids at it......including ours.

The staff was very helpful and nice as well.

Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Three of us enjoyed dinner here. I thought the crust was a bit hard but my family liked it. Thin and crusty vs thick and oiled type. Very good beer wine soda choices too. Overall a good option vs chain pizza.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

After living outside NYC for the last 10 years, I didn't think I'd find quality pizza in the D.C. area, but Pete's New Haven Style Apizza proved me wrong. My family ordered the Pete's Original and the Staven and both received high marks all around. The crust was the only nit I could pick with Pete's - probably left in the oven just a little too long. While not exactly "burned", the crust was certainly "toasted", which led to a little less-than-chewy texture that I would prefer and find easily in NYC. The sauce, cheese, and toppings, however, were terrific. Excellent mix and balance of flavors and texture. I would definitely order pizza from Pete's again.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Having been born and raised in New York City, I miss easy access to good pizza. I haven't found any pizza in northern Virginia as good as what I grew up with, but Pete's is close. The best part of their pizza is the crust - it's crispy on the outside and light and airy on the inside. The sauce was pretty good as well - it tasted fresh and not like it just came out of a can. It's also the only place I've found in the DC area that has garlic on the tables as a condiment. I've only been there once, but I'll definitely be back.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Although the pizza prices are on the high side ($27 for a large), the pizza is delicious and fresh and the large pizza fed three of us easily.