WINNER WONDERLAND

Pete's New Haven Style Apizza
Ranked #247 of 850 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
Description: This place just opened yesterday. It's the third Pete's in the DC area.
Alexandria, Virginia
“Thin crust pizza with pasta option as well”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Three of us enjoyed dinner here. I thought the crust was a bit hard but my family liked it. Thin and crusty vs thick and oiled type. Very good beer wine soda choices too. Overall a good option vs chain pizza.

Vienna, Virginia
“Really Good Pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

After living outside NYC for the last 10 years, I didn't think I'd find quality pizza in the D.C. area, but Pete's New Haven Style Apizza proved me wrong. My family ordered the Pete's Original and the Staven and both received high marks all around. The crust was the only nit I could pick with Pete's - probably left in the oven just a little too long. While not exactly "burned", the crust was certainly "toasted", which led to a little less-than-chewy texture that I would prefer and find easily in NYC. The sauce, cheese, and toppings, however, were terrific. Excellent mix and balance of flavors and texture. I would definitely order pizza from Pete's again.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
“Best Pizza I've Found Outside NYC”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

Having been born and raised in New York City, I miss easy access to good pizza. I haven't found any pizza in northern Virginia as good as what I grew up with, but Pete's is close. The best part of their pizza is the crust - it's crispy on the outside and light and airy on the inside. The sauce was pretty good as well - it tasted fresh and not like it just came out of a can. It's also the only place I've found in the DC area that has garlic on the tables as a condiment. I've only been there once, but I'll definitely be back.

Bluffton, South Carolina
“Really really good pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

Although the pizza prices are on the high side ($27 for a large), the pizza is delicious and fresh and the large pizza fed three of us easily.

Visited December 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“yummy in my tummy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

I love pizza. Pete's uses the best ingredients and some of the best people working there. I love the specials offered, varied each month and/or seasonally. The pizzas are delicious and so are the desserts- I love the gelato and sorbetto selection. It's a little pricey for tight budgets, but it's totally worth the splurge...this is when your email subscriber specials come in handy. I love the Edge of the Woods..the eggplant is delish! It's not ever difficult to convince my co workers to buy a pie.