“Excellent Service and Unique Menu” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lyon Hall

Lyon Hall
Reserve with OpenTable
Lyon Hall is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 836 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: American, French, Bar, European, Pub
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Near Clarendon Metro on Orange Line
Arlington, VA
“Excellent Service and Unique Menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

First let me say that our server, Rebecca, was outstanding. She was lovely, gracious and provided excellent service without being intrusive. Overall the food was good too but I had a couple of "misses." They had a nice wine list consisting of mostly French varietals and also an extensive beer list. We ordered the soft baked pretzels to start and they were a huge hit. Came with some sort of cheese dip (to die for!) and 2 flavored butters/spreads. We also ordered salads to start. I'm a big salad eater and these were wonderful! The garden salad had carrots, radishes and other veggies and it was lightly dressed in a tangy but light lemon vinaigrette. My husband ordered fish and he loved it and my mother ordered the Lingurian(?) sausages. She liked her sausages but said the potatoes Lyonnaise were drenched in grease. I ordered the Bratwurst and when they came to the table they were barely browned off and pink inside. I mentioned this to the server and she said it was supposed to be this way and it was pink because of the nitrates. Well I didn't argue with her and I tried to eat it but I'm sorry, this just wasn't cooked thoroughly. I told her I really couldn't eat it. She asked if I wanted something else so I just ordered the Charcuterie platter with rillettes and salami. The salami was yummy but the rillettes were just gross. I know what rillettes are supposed to look like but this just looked and tasted like spam and clear jelly mixed together to make an unpalatable mush. And the platter was served with some very unappetizing pickled veggies. I didn't complain but clearly she could see I didn't care for the charcuterie either. Have never had an experience where I didn't like 2 dishes at one meal. Well when the bill came she had taken both the bratwurst & charcuterie off the bill and I didn't even ask her to! Nice touch. It's service like this that makes you come back to a restaurant and I will. I think the bratwurst just wasn't done to my liking and the charcuterie just poorly executed but clearly they have other unique items on the menu that they do well. Am anxious to explore other options. Liked the atmosphere too. It was lively without being too loud.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Cissie44

• Korean first
Albany, Ohio
“Good food and superior service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

We've eaten here many times on our DC travels. I've always enjoyed my food and had great service. The last trip there, February 2013, we hosted a rehearsal dinner upstairs and I really can not say enough, how wonderful they were. We were a group of 30 and they really went above and beyond, the food and service were both excellent and we all left very full and very happy.

Arlington, Virginia
“Really great food and great atmosphere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We have eaten many times at this historic site in Clarendon.
Mark Fedorchak is the consummate restauranteur.
On Sundays he is ever-present at the brunch making sure all is perfect, but in a "feel good" and "you are important" way.
The meats are delicious and the eggs superb.
The donuts, well you must try them to understand.
Great staff completes the experience.

• Visited March 2013
Falls Church, Virginia
“One of my favorite places for brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The food is delicious, especially the smoked salmon! The service was very good. We are in our 60's so really did not enjoy the music which was pretty loud. In the winter months when you cannot sit outside I definitely recommend reservations.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
Herndon, Virginia
“Great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

The snitzel was great and the hanger steak was outstanding! Took my parents here and they couldn't stop talking about it.