“Authentic”

East West Grill
Ranked #238 of 896 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed February 4, 2014

My boyfriend and I always stay with a friend in Clarendon when we visit DC. He happens to be Pakistani and recommended this place to us. It's so yummy and they give you enough food to count as lunch and dinner!

Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

When I went to "East West Grill", I expected an American food pub style restaurant but what we found was a Indian food restaurant with kabobs. Given that I'm not a fan of Indian food, I was a bit nonplussed. The name is really deceiving. The kabobs are what I ended up with. It was a lot of food, but the vegetables that they were served with were too spicy for me to eat, so I ended up with just the meat and rice. Rather disappointing. The restaurant also didn't have the feel of being super clean or well maintained. Although the man behind the counter was very friendly and made us feel welcome.

I'm unlikely to go back, but if you like soicy Indian food, it's a less expensive option.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Staff was friendly and helpful. BUT...the restaurant looks unclean, with bugs flying around inside and stained seats. Unfortunately, the food does not live up to expectations, despite the other reviews on this site. I highly recommend any of the other kabob places in the area, especially Ravi Kabob, which is a bit chaotic/crowded but absolutely delicious. Food did not taste fresh. Chicken was dry. Rice was clumped together and tasteless. I hope this restaurant can improve because it's location right in the middle of Clarendon is perfect.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

One of my favorite restaurants in Clarendon although sometimes the food (like the samosas) are a little spicy. Pakistinian TV plays in the background

Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is one of these no frills places where you see the locals from other countries of origin eating. The food was great. If you like curry you will be in heaven. We had the lamb kabob dinner. Next time I'll try the goat. Very cordial staff.
RA