“Lovely Hotel”

Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel
Ranked #5 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed August 30, 2014 via mobile

Great hotel with staff that cannot do enough for you. Everything was clean and tidy and the room we were in was perfect. My only criticism is having to pay for the wi-fi in the room ($12 a day - far too much) although it is free in the lobby. Also free shuttle buses to the Crystal city metro station and Ronald Regan Airport. Would definately go again.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SD62BMW
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2014

I'm so glad you came to stay with us and that you had an enjoyable stay. We will certainly look foward to welcoming you back the next time you're in town.

Reviewed August 25, 2014

Stayed here on our way back to CT from Myrtle Beach. I could not have asked for more. The hotel was beautiful, clean, had friendly staff, room service until 11pm with food that was fresh and valet parking. We were located on the 9th floor with a city view - room was spotless, water pressure for shower was strong and beds were amazing. We didn't want to leave! Absolutely loved this hotel.

Room Tip: We paid a little more for a city view....our view was actually of the back of the Marriott and McDon...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Jdiluci2
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2014

I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stopover with us! The next time you're passing through please remember us and our comfy beds. We would love to see you again.

Reviewed August 18, 2014

I stayed here based on the proximity to DCA and the shuttle.
My trip started off poorly since the pickup shuttle from DCA was 30 minutes late from the time they promised. It caused me to rush to me meeting, but the hotel itself made up for it.

It is modern, clean, and leaves a great impression overall from the space to the staff. The staff is very professional and is eager to help out.
They offer two shuttles, one to the airport and another to the Crystal City metro. The metro shuttle worked just fine.

The rooms are very modern with large, clean, new showers. I can't fault a thing in the rooms or the overall cleanliness of the hotel.

The lobby restaurant, bar, and the executive lounge were all in top shape and well staffed with friendly, attentive personnel.

The noise level is a bit high with noise from the train in the rooms with "a view" as well as hallway noise through the doors.

All in all, it is a great, convenient hotel that I would choose again.

*Bonus.. an Illy Cafe in the lobby with amazing coffee.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank veffekt
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2014

Thank you for selecting the Renaissance Arlington Capital View for your stay. I see from your comments that we need to work on our airport shuttle service and I will be sure to share your comments with the team. Perhaps the next time you visit with us, we can choose a room on the Crystal City side of the hotel for you so you can get a better night's sleep. I appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed August 18, 2014

Our flight was cancelled so my son and I stayed one night there. Unfortunately most of the hotel had been booked by people from India for a wedding, so they were slammed. We went downstairs to grab a bite to eat (we were their only customers) and it took a VERY long time for anyone to acknowledge our presence. We could view the kitchen and there was a cook and our waitress and us and we had ordered some bread first and even that was a long wait. When it finally came, it was NOT good.

Room Tip: I cannot give a tip for that
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback. I apologize for the guest service failure that occurred in our restaurant. Being the only patrons, it should not have taken so long to receive prompt service and well prepared food. Please know that I will follow up with our restaurant staff to ensure that our service meets our guests needs and expectations. I hope you were able to catch another flight out and pick up your travel plans where they left off.

Reviewed August 17, 2014

Just returned from three days here. Great spot to be near the airport, the free shuttle to/from the airport and to the metro(less than one mile) was great. Used Marriott's mobile app to pre check in and my room key was waiting, had just a quick stop at the front desk-loved it.
Lobby area great, modern, varied seating, open, a few Mac computers in lobby- good place to hang out a bit. Close to a number of restaurants and some shopping and the metro made it easy to get to DC.
Lastly, staff all very friendly, usually had someone in lobby to greet you or answer questions. Overall great experience at a good price.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business

I am delighted your stay at the Renaissance Arlington Capital View was enjoyable and you found our new mobile app for checking into the hotel was simple to use and convenient. I'm sure many other guests will find it helpful, too. I appreciate your feedback and we hope you will come back to "check in" with us again soon.

Reviewed August 11, 2014

This was our second stay at the hotel. It is a beautiful hotel, very new and modern. Really clean and shiny. We stayed overnight on our way to myrtle beach. Since I was only there for one night I really wanted a view of the Capital.the hotel was sold out for a wedding...the person at the front desk was so sorry that there were no Capital view rooms that they gave us free breakfast for all four of us. It was a really nice gesture that I appreciated.

The parking is pricey but if you get the package plan it's cheaper...look for that on the website.

The wifi is only free in the lobby.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to submit a survey to TripAdvisor. We really appreciate all of the feedback you've given. I'll bet your stay at Myrtle Beach was a blast! Come back to see us again soon.

Reviewed August 11, 2014

There's something about the Renaissance hotel that made me feel like I was in Europe - not a charming and quaint European hotel but a modern and trendy one. Maybe it's the open lobby with the business center or the Illy cafe or the Italian restaurant or just the overall colors and design. But whatever it is, the lobby is very pleasant.

The terrace on the 3rd floor is also nice - not crowded (at least on a Friday afternoon) and plenty of chairs and couches that can be moved around to take advantage of a sunny day. There's a smallish indoor pool right off the terrace. No whirlpool. There's also a fitness center but I didn't use this.

The rooms are nice. Also modern in design, comfortable beds, nice toiletries, good shower. My room overlooked the airport, which I liked. My only complaint...the walls are paper thin! I kid you not, I could hear the person snoring in the room next to mine. I switched beds (had a double bed room) and couldn't hear it quite as loudly, but I've never had this experience before.

I had a late dinner at the hotel restaurant. The pizza wasn't the best ever, but it hit the spot and was very convenient.

The area (Crystal City) is convenient to the DCA airport and the hotel runs shuttles every few minutes. In contrast to a lot of airport hotel areas, there's actually a lot of dining options in the nearby vicinity. It's basically a mini-planned city with tons of hotels around. That said, it's not the most charming area. Kind of sterile, actually. Good for an airport stay but if you're spending more than a couple of days in the DC area, I'd recommend staying somewhere with a bit more character (i.e. Georgetown).

Service at the hotel was super-friendly from reception to the restaurant. I'd stay here again for a short stay when I need to be near DCA.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business

I am delighted that you chose us for your stay and thank you for all of the details and feedback you gave in your review. I apologize that your sleeping room afforded little in the way of a good night's sleep during your stay and perhaps the next time you come to stay with us, we can locate a better spot for your comfort. While we are located in Crystal City and just outside of DC, there are local areas full of charm to discover. Just stop by our Navigator desk for places to go while you're staying with us. Don't forget that historic Old Town Alexandria and Del Ray are just a mile away.