“Wonderful hotel, wonderful staff!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel

Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel
Ranked #4 of 49 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Wonderful hotel, wonderful staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Starting with the free shuttle from Regan Airport, I arrived mid morning. I had requested an early arrival and they had my room ready then. Check in was fast and the staff was very nice! The hotel is beautiful, the beds extremely comfortable and the conference facility was very nice. I unfortunately had the need to visit a local emergency room and when I asked the desk for suggestions, they printed up a list of local hospitals, asked if I needed rescue and when I said I would just take a cab, they escorted me outside, hailed a cab, made sure I was comfortable in the car and told the cab driver of my selection. When I returned and was going to my room, I was stopped and they asked me if they could do anything else for me. True concern and great service!

Room Tip: The higher the better the view!
Green Features: Green practices are encouraged and appreciated at this hotel!
      Location
1 Thank sdnasca
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
I hope everything is well and that you made it home safely. Having to seek medical attention while traveling can be a daunting task, but I 'm glad our staff members were able to assist you in your time of need. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I live in the Northerm VA area but received a one-night stay from my parents to celebrate our anniversary. The hotel itself is very nice, new, and modern. We stayed in a standard king room on the 10th floor and had a view of Reagan and the river which was cool. We enjoyed watching the planes take off and land. The room is the perfect size and the bathroom has a spacious walk-in shower. The little shampoos, lotions, etc. are Aveda which are nice. The room has a mini fridge and even nice robes for guests to uses. We even received some sparkling wine and chocolate covered strawberries from the management team for our anniversary which was SO nice and we were very grateful for. We also had breakfast downstairs the next morning and it was a buffet with an omelet station. We love standard breakfast foods so this was perfect for us. Thanks for a wonderful stay! We will be back!!

Stayed July 2014
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Happy Anniversary! I'm so glad we were a part of such a special occasion and we are certainly looking forward to welcoming you back the next time you're ready for a getaway.
Cape Cod, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

We just returned home from a 2-night stay at the Renaissance Capital View. We would definitely stay there again and have many positive things to say about our time there. Our flight arrived and after we found the shuttle stop, we didn't have to wait long. Be sure to ask the driver if he or she is doing the South Loop or the North Loop. We didn't know the difference at first, and realized we needed the South Loop.

We were too early to check in, but the front desk checked our bags, helped us with a map of DC and took down my phone number to call me when our room was ready. We took the hotel shuttle to the Metro and headed into the city for lunch and a reservation at the Holocaust Memorial Museum. Our room was available early and we received a phone call letting us know that.

The free shuttles to the Metro (and to and from the airport) was very helpful during our stay. Though we could walk to the restaurants, bars and Metro, it was much more enjoyable to hop on the shuttle. The drivers are courteous and there is a computer screen in the hotel near the elevators that let you know where the shuttles are and how long the wait will be. Crystal City offers many choices for dining and shopping.

The room was ample size and we had 2 double beds for 4 of us. We requested a cot for our teenagers so they wouldn't kill each other. One of our only complaints is that it took 3 requests before we received the bed after 10:30pm. The shampoo and conditioner bottles were very tiny and with teenagers we needed more rather quickly. The restaurant was reasonably priced and the food was good. The lobby was beautiful and our teenagers enjoyed the "cool" decor. I attended a conference on the 2nd floor and enjoyed the facilities and the food provided.

The pool wasn't worth going to - small, hot and lots of loud guests.

The neighborhood felt safe and everything was clean.

Green Features: There were bags for recycling in the bathroom to keep recyclables separate from the trash.
      Rooms
1 Thank SimplySuzy
Thank you for choosing the Renaissance Arlington Capital View for your stay. We appreciate all of the wonderful highlights of the amenities we offer here at the hotel and we also appreciate your feedback regarding the slow response for a requested rollaway bed. We are looking at how we prioritize the requests received at our front desk so that the most important calls are handled in a timely fashion. Our pool can become crowded during peak times at our hotel, but this is not the norm. Perhaps the next time you visit us you will be able to relax and enjoy the pool area and add it to the list of your favorite things at the hotel.
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Nice hotel, comfortable, clean and modern design. Check-in was a bit slow because computers were down but I was comped the better WIFI service to compensate for my wait. The lobby is very nice and there are a couple of interesting chess boards there, with pieces that wobble in concave squares. There are also several public computers available food guests.

Shuttle bus from the Washington Reagan (DCA) airport every 20 minutes or so - makes a few, nearby, stops on the way to the airport so keep this in mind if you're really cutting it close; the ride takes about 10 minutes. You can actually walk to the hotel if you're up to it - only takes about 20 minutes - but I wouldn't do it if dragging a lot of gear or more than one wheeled-suitcase - the sidewalk crossing over the parkway and the train tracks is rather narrow.

I had a nice room on the 7th floor with a view of DCA and DC, quiet, clean and comfortable, good WIFI (though they charge extra for the decent speed). The DC-view side of the hotel does face railroad tracks so there was a definite low rumbling noise as a train went by but I'm a light sleeper and wasn't disturbed by it.

The bar and restaurant are nice but only had a turkey club at the restaurant (very good) and a couple of nice draft beers at the bar.

There's a coffee shop just off the lobby, which makes a nice Americano and Latte.

The exercise room is nice and has quite a several treadmills, a couple of stationary bikes, and a few weight machines, dumbbells (up to about 75# I think)

Room Tip: The DC-view side (also DCA-view) also faces the railway so you might notice the train noise more on...
      Location
    • 4 of 5 stars
You've certainly covered many of the things that make a Renaissance stay something to discover! We appreciate that you took the time to pass along your findings to other TripAdvisor users. Our complimentary airport and metro shuttle service makes getting around the city super easy and many of our guests love to start their mornings with a good workout in our 24-hour Fitness Center that looks out over our green roof. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you will come back to see us again. Perhaps the next time you come, you can check out our complimentary bikes and take in the sights along the nearby trails.
Columbus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

I came here for a conference and I usually only stay at Hyatts but I was pleasantly surprised at this hotel. There is a free shuttle to and from Reagan airport which is a 5-10 minute drive (depending on the stops). The lobby is very chic and modern with Mac computers available for guests to use. The hotel staff were all extremely friendly and addressed any need I had immediately. The rooms are immaculate very clean and comfortable. I loved the decor in the rooms and honestly could have had it as an apartment. They use Aveda products which are available for you to use in your rooms. Top notch! The wi-fi was a bit pricey $12.95 per day but may I suggest that there is a discounted rate for guests who purchase more than one day instead of paying each day. Now to the food...AMAZING! Every meal I had from room service to conference meals and buffets all of the food tasted extremely good and they offered a wide selection. I will definitely consider staying at more Marriotts in the future. Thank you for a wonderful experience!

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Olympia W
I am extremely pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Although you were here with us to attend a convention, I am delighted to know that we were able to impress you enough that you will consider the Marriott brand for future stays. I'm sure our culinary staff will enjoy reading your comments about the food that was served during your stay. We have an amazing team that never ceases to entice the palate! Thank you for your review.
Dauphin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

A very nice hotel , new , close to Reagan National airport. Very accomodating staff , good gym facikity, excellent conference site. bicycles are provided for guests to toyr the National monuments. Restaurant offers good food. Can be a bit pricy but offers specials on Booking.com

Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 stars
I'm glad you liked the location of the hotel and the service provided by our staff at the Renaissance Arlington Capital View. We certainly enjoyed reading your comments with our staff and we appreciate your business. Please think of us the next time your plans bring you to the DC area.
california
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Shuttle takes you right to the metro station, great restaurants on 23 rd- walk or shuttle there - the staff is VERY nice too ! Can't really see the Capitol though ! The little coffee place in the lobby is great and I had an exceptional stake dinner in their cafe at 11:00 p.m.!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 stars
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
We really appreciate your comments about the hotel. Our location is ideal for travelers who want to be close to DC without being in the middle of the city. We have so many amenities that our guests enjoy and, as you already know, the food in our SOCCi restaurant is fabulous. Please think of us for another stay the next time you're planning a trip to the area.