“PERFECT CUSTOMER SERVICE”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Columbia, Maryland
“PERFECT CUSTOMER SERVICE”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

2 day stay in February for a conference. Room was on10th floor.
Rooms clean, bed comfy, pillow variety and awesome room service food!

-A local society relating to disabilities used the big banquet room on 2nd floor for training/information and a dinner. Our banquet server was extremely polite to the adults at the table but he deserves praise and a raise based on his service he gave to a very high energy/picky child.

-I believe it was the head bell man that was so friendly and remembered small details about the guests. He had a genuine, professional and sincere demeanor. Before I left I gave him a $10 tip just for being awesome.

-They kindly provided us with 6 different room cards, after loosing most and for the parking garage. I came back alone once and couldn’t find my key, since my name was not on the reservation they had security escort me to the room and made sure I had belongings in there. Which I thought was a great policy.

-Hostess let me take restaurant menu up to room to compare to room service options. The room service food was the standard roomservice junk, it was the best I have ever had!

-Rooms were clean, comfortable and roomy. They even had a variety of pillows on the bed…soft, medium, firm.

A few minor cons: The server didn’t realize with small children their drink and food should always be served asap (probably inexperienced). When I asked for a luggage carrier I had to go out and get it myself on a bitterly cold night, but i hope it was because she could not leave her post at 1am

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to convey so many details about your experience at the Renaissance Arlington Capital View. It is wonderful to hear that our guest service met your expectations and that you enjoyed your time with us. I will be sure to share your comments with our staff with special recognition going out to Richard who was awesome during your stay. Please come back to see us again sometime!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
  • Turkish first
Northampton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 12, 2014

This was my second time staying at this property and I was disappointed with the stay. Renaissance and Marriotts are known for their attention to detail and this hotel had everything BUT that.
I encountered a few issues throughout my stay...the first being a major sanity issue within my room. The staff handled it well, but it's something that was disgusting and should have never happened. The bed linens were poorly treated and pressed, a little discouraging considering the rate my conference was charged. Lastly, my housekeeper left a dirty, wet pillow case in my bathroom sink. I'm honestly not sure what it was doing there in the first place, but found that disturbing.
As for the conference I attended, the food was typical conference food, not super impressed with the quality.

Overall, this property has potential and I have seen it function well in the past, but not recently. I was quite disappointed and it did not meet my expectations.

Room Tip: The lower floors are noisy from the airport and train tracks.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Amy B
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Thank you for your honest feedback. I am disappointed that your expectations were not met and your stay was not at all what you expected from a Renaissance property and I sincerely apologize for our guest service failures. The issues you highlighted have been addressed by our team and are being taken very seriously. We depend on our guest's reviews to lead to potential new business so we know we have to be on our toes all of the time and make sure every guest experiences a flawless stay so they will recommend us to others. It is my hope that you will give us another chance and consider us for another stay.
Zephyrhills
Reviewed March 12, 2014

From the moment I arrived til the time I departed I was living the high life here.

The beds and pillows are so comfortable I dont recall trying to fall asleep. I slept like a baby.

The decor is all around modern and classic at the same time. The theme of this R hotel is "movement" which is evident in the lobby and restaurant...but if you have the chance to visit the 2nd floor which is for meetings/groups, you will find the theme very evident from the walls to the carpeting. VERY clever.

There are 2 hotel shuttles going to the airport and to the nearby Metro station/town area. They each show up every 20 minutes so you are never waiting on anything. The concierge is amazing. He made reservations and recommendations for multiple restaurants in Arlington and nearby areas. It was like having a friend who lived in town who know where to go and what to do.

I didnt find out until it was time to leave but near the hotel is an underground entrance that includes some shopping and an easy walk to the Metro. Just ask about it because I am not exactly clear where it was. Just around the corner though. I do know that.

The "capital view" part is sketchy...as you had to squint to see the capitol. LOL But you cant go wrong with any view here. Maybe I'm biased because it had been snowing, but even the rooftops with their snow looked gorgeous to this Florida girl. :)

There is a fabulous coffee shop right off the lobby and also a very nice restaurant on the premises which too is right off the lobby. Computers and plenty of comfortable lounge/hanging out space/seating was available in the lobby also.

You couldn't go wrong here.

Room Tip: Of course the higher you go in any hotel the more you can see.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for such a fantastic and thorough review of the Renaissance Arlington Capital View! If you left our hotel feeling like you were living the high life while you were here, then we accomplished what we set out to do for you and every other guest who chooses to stay with us. Crystal City has a charm all its own and we are always eager to share the "in" places to go in the neighborhood. Perhaps the next time you're here, the weather will be more conducive to getting aroung on our complimentary bikes so you can explore all of the hidden gems the area has to provide.
Shenandoah, Virginia
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Stayed in a king room at this hotel. The room was small, but well appointed with a large walk-in shower and decent amenities (i.e. Aveda toiletries). The service at the front desk was very cordial and they even gave us free wifi in the room. The restaurant and coffee shop service was also efficient and polite and the food quite good.

My only complaints are that the "chain-wall" in the restaurant needs some serious dusting and also the rooms to the rear can be noisy from the trains passing by.

Room Tip: Try not to get a room that overlooks the railroad tracks.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank mlb11
We're glad you chose our hotel for your stay and thank you for taking the time to let others know about your experience. We appreciate your feedback and have addressed the issue that you mentioned with our staff. I hope you enjoyed your stay so much that you would come back to see us again soon. Your business is appreciated.
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

I loved staying here! It has a cool, fresh vibe. The decor is fun and chic, both in the lobby and in the room. There are restaurants close by. Service was too notch. Good food in the restaurant. Loved how the lobby opened to the bar and restaurant and how it all came alive at night. I will be back.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
We'll keep the Renaissance vibe going so you enjoy your next stay with us! We'll see you soon. Thank you for giving us a review.
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I attended a conference and this was THE location for the stay. Room was ok for the price. Service at the front desk was average. The bell staff and transporation services were less than desireable. They advertise a shuttle to the Metro stop which is not close. Across a three day stay the shuttle was NEVER on time. In spite of a property to property shuttle, you are not allowed to ride this one. You must wait for the Metro shuttle. Tonight i specifically called to ask about the shuttle off the metro...told to wait five minutes and it would be there. It rolled by, never stopping. As I walked to the door and raised my hand, the shuttle left. I called and was told by the front desk that they'd try to reach the shuttle. 15 minutes later I called and the staff said he'd try to come by. I walked back in the snow and cold. Never saw the shuttle come by. Pretty walk....crappy service. I will NEVER stay at a Renaissance or related property again, and I travel frequently.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Ron S
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
I have read your review and would like to speak to you about the service you received during your stay. Please contact the hotel at your earliest convenience. Thank you for providing us with this information.
California
Reviewed February 23, 2014

With my prior job I traveled to Arlington quite frequently. I stayed several places and finally found the most comfortable hotel for me. 5 stars is based on my experience in the Arlington area.

The Renaissance has a modern decor that is very pleasing. The bed is super comfortable so I am able to sleep well. I enjoy the view of the Potomac and Reagan National Airport as it is enjoyable to watch the activity.

The concierge lounge is well equipped and offers a nice evening snack as well as a generous continental breakfast. The restaurant and lounge on the main level is alright and works in a pinch. Since the hotel is in Crystal City, there are a variety of dining options nearby also.

When I travel to Arlington again, I will definitely plan to stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank moonsun_kauai
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
So you've found your "gem" of a hotel in Crystal City! We couldn't be happier that it's the Renaissance Arlington Capital View. You've had the chance to come and discover what we're all about and we want to thank you for sharing your "finds" with others. We'll be seeing you again soon.