“I Would Live Here if I Could!”

Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel
Ranked #6 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Charlotte, North Carolina
“I Would Live Here if I Could!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

Wow what an experience! I have stayed here two times now, first for business, but later returned for DC tourism with my wife. We can't wait to go back. All staff are warm and hospitable. The accommodations are modern, the rooms are bright, clean, and comfortable. We were on the airport side and I could not hear one plane. The view is amazing. There is a small refrigerator and coffee maker in the room. The food is delicious and the drinks are ice cold. The restaurant, SOCCi, has the best food. You must try the meatballs. I was told that the recipe was from the chef's grandmother. The fresh mozzarella is also a must. This hotel, shared with the neighboring Residence Inn and Courtyard, provides two different free shuttles to DCA (Reagan Airport) and Crystal City Metro every 15 minutes so if you want to tour DC, you do not need a car. However, some of the drivers are quite dangerous, so please speak up to the driver and management when they run stop signs and red lights. As a Marriott Gold, I was upgraded to the club floor on 14 which included a free buffet breakfast. When the club was closed, breakfast was provided in SOCCi. The SOCCi breakfast was the best I have ever had. They have well above the standard hotel breakfast buffet with custom made waffles, pancakes, and omelets and even have smoked salmon! For non-club members, the breakfast buffet will set you back about $16 per person. The pool, fitness center, and guest laundry are shared by the Residence Inn which is in the same building. Even though a lot of rooms share these facilities, they are large enough to handle everyone. The fire alarm went off during one night of our stay because of a guest [over]cooking in the Residence Inn. We came down to the lobby to wait for the all clear. We found the Renaissance GM visiting with the guests that evacuated their rooms and it was nice to meet the man behind this great hotel. He even offered a free movie for our "inconvenience"! It was no problem really, only 10 minutes of our time, but it showed us the commitment of service this hotel has. I plan to stay here when I am in the area and have already referred my coworkers to this hotel.

Room Tip: The city side is great, but I prefer the airport side to watch the planes land and take off!
Green Features: Participates in bed sheet and towel reuse program. CFL light bulbs in use. Plenty of natural light in room.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
WOW! What a thorough review of our hotel! We appreciate all of the great comments and we are delighted you enjoyed your stay and the dining experience at our restaurant. We are looking forward to your next stay with us. Your concern for your safety while onboard our shuttles has been addressed with the shuttle drivers. The safety of our guests is of utmost importance and it is our responsibility to make sure our drivers understand and obey the driving laws at all times. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
  • Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. I am warning you all do NOT stay at the Renassiance Arlington Capitol View. First of all, the only "view" is of the train tracks. Second, they will play games with your credit card and you will pay twice and they will alter the bill, leaving you double paying. Very deceptive business practices and they cannot be trusted. Go somewhere else. You will be glad you did! I was ripped off by them!

A particular bellman there thought I must have been an "easy target" for a perspective date. I was horrified that he was asking me out because it seemed to be inappropriate for that kind of thing.

Stay away unless you want to get ripped off and then hit on by a bellman.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Sunshine S
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
The guest who submitted this review has been contacted by the hotel and a satisfactory resolution has been reached.
Roanoke, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

Our family was leaving the country for a Christmas week via Reagan National Airport. All wee needed was a bed and a shower. What we received was far more...beautiful views of DC, a wonderful room, they kept our vehicle for a week at no extra charge, and they specifically remembered us on our return! The shuttle to the airport was timely and efficient. We will definitely return!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of DC.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
I hope you enjoyed your holiday travels and I'm glad we were able to offer more than you expected from your stay at the Renaissance Arlington Capital View. Many guests initially come to our hotel for the convenience, but will come back again and again for the service. Thank you for the TripAdvisor review.
Santa Cruz, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is modern (newly built) and the rooms are well-furnished. The bed is one of the best hotel beds I've ever slept on. The bathroom is modern, with a glass-wall shower, but no bathtub. Nice shower head with plenty of water pressure.

Downside is that it's a bit of a walk to Crystal City METRO, so not as good if you want to use public transit. Otherwise, great place to stay! I'd definitely go back.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank santacruzer_95060
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
I'm glad you like our comfy beds! Our guests are always raving about them. We appreciate your review and hope that you'll come back to see us again soon. As you mentioned, we are about a 10 to 15 minute walk from the Crystal City Metro, but we also provide a complimentary Metro shuttle. So the next time you come you can just hop on the shuttle and away you go!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

I was impressed with the quality and detailed care that all of the staff gave every customer!! This location has many restaurants and local benefits for veterans And active duty military. Take advantage of breakfast and several local dinner favorites within walking distance!

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you very much! We're delighted that you found both our location and our guest service to be ideal. We appreciate you spreading the word through TripAdvisor. I'm sure it will help others finally decide to come on over and stay with us.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

This hotel is a great find. We got a great deal on it. The beds were super comfortable, and the room was very spacious, I was surprised. The toiletries were all Aveda- which I loved. The room was clean. The service was outstanding. I didn't end up doing valet parking- I found overnight street parking a couple of blocks away.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thank you for choosing us for your stay. Now that you know we offer great service and at such a value, why not recommend us to family and friends and let them discover us as well? We would appreciate it very much.
Newark, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

This is was my second time staying at the Renaissance Arlington Captial View and it was another great experience ! This hotel is in a perfect location - it's close to Washington, DC, so if you're driving or taking the Metro you can be in & out in a matter of minutes. We were able to accomplish everything on our "to do" list- and nothing was more than a 20 minute car ride away. This trip I was given complimentary access to the Club Lounge which was great as it provided a full breakfast (bacon, eggs, etc) in the morning and snacks in the evening. Soda/Juice/Water are complimentary - but alcohol is available for purchase - with prices comparable to the bar. The lounge is a great place to relax after a day of sightseeing. The staff as always was friendly & helpful and really went out of their way to ensure we had a great time. The Renaissance Arlington Captial View - is now my "go to" hotel for the DC/Virginia area.

Room Tip: All the rooms are large - perhaps a room on a higher floor/facing the airport would give you a bette...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
I can't tell you how happy it makes us when we hear that we are a "go-to" hotel by our repeat guests. We'll keep striving to earn your business and we'll keep our eyes peeled to see you come through our lobby doors again soon. Thank you for your review. We appreciate it very much.