“Very comfortable rooms!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Santa Cruz, California
“Very comfortable rooms!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is modern (newly built) and the rooms are well-furnished. The bed is one of the best hotel beds I've ever slept on. The bathroom is modern, with a glass-wall shower, but no bathtub. Nice shower head with plenty of water pressure.

Downside is that it's a bit of a walk to Crystal City METRO, so not as good if you want to use public transit. Otherwise, great place to stay! I'd definitely go back.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank santacruzer_95060
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
I'm glad you like our comfy beds! Our guests are always raving about them. We appreciate your review and hope that you'll come back to see us again soon. As you mentioned, we are about a 10 to 15 minute walk from the Crystal City Metro, but we also provide a complimentary Metro shuttle. So the next time you come you can just hop on the shuttle and away you go!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

I was impressed with the quality and detailed care that all of the staff gave every customer!! This location has many restaurants and local benefits for veterans And active duty military. Take advantage of breakfast and several local dinner favorites within walking distance!

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you very much! We're delighted that you found both our location and our guest service to be ideal. We appreciate you spreading the word through TripAdvisor. I'm sure it will help others finally decide to come on over and stay with us.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

This hotel is a great find. We got a great deal on it. The beds were super comfortable, and the room was very spacious, I was surprised. The toiletries were all Aveda- which I loved. The room was clean. The service was outstanding. I didn't end up doing valet parking- I found overnight street parking a couple of blocks away.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thank you for choosing us for your stay. Now that you know we offer great service and at such a value, why not recommend us to family and friends and let them discover us as well? We would appreciate it very much.
Newark, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

This is was my second time staying at the Renaissance Arlington Captial View and it was another great experience ! This hotel is in a perfect location - it's close to Washington, DC, so if you're driving or taking the Metro you can be in & out in a matter of minutes. We were able to accomplish everything on our "to do" list- and nothing was more than a 20 minute car ride away. This trip I was given complimentary access to the Club Lounge which was great as it provided a full breakfast (bacon, eggs, etc) in the morning and snacks in the evening. Soda/Juice/Water are complimentary - but alcohol is available for purchase - with prices comparable to the bar. The lounge is a great place to relax after a day of sightseeing. The staff as always was friendly & helpful and really went out of their way to ensure we had a great time. The Renaissance Arlington Captial View - is now my "go to" hotel for the DC/Virginia area.

Room Tip: All the rooms are large - perhaps a room on a higher floor/facing the airport would give you a bette...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
I can't tell you how happy it makes us when we hear that we are a "go-to" hotel by our repeat guests. We'll keep striving to earn your business and we'll keep our eyes peeled to see you come through our lobby doors again soon. Thank you for your review. We appreciate it very much.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

Friendly staff; clean; comfy beds; retro style; kids love the view of trains, metro and airplanes all from your hotel room. Illy cafe-love the lattes! Great lobby with games for kids and lots of places to sit and read a book. And, 10 minutes from the Smithsonian!

Stayed December 2013
Thank you for staying with us! I'm glad you were able to take advantage of a few of the amenities offered at our hotel and that you were able to set out and discover the Smithsonian. Keep us in mind the next time you're ready to explore more of DC. It would be great to see you again.
CONNECTICUT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

I've stayed here about three times in the last few months. Each was what you hope for as a weary traveler, not a single bad experience. Short walk to some eating places, close to airport bur I didn't hear any noise. Staying again next week as my favorite (the Renaissance in China Town) concierges lounge is shutting down for the holidays.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
We appreciate your continued business and we are grateful that you have shared your recommendation to other TripAdvisor users. We'll be here when you need us and we'll have that hot breakfast ready and waiting for you.
New England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013

In the land of, "We the People.....," I will note, the staff at the Renaissance were most accommodating and sincere. I was confounded by 2 noise issue at the hotel, yet the offending loud party were visited by security. I had to move my room upon arrival due to noise, then a second noise complaint was issued when moved to the Executive floor. The next day, the hard party crowd must have been moved since I heard nothing, yet the incident was most disturbing. My room had a double door that had the potential to open to my room. Sing praises for the Navigator staff. They arranged several internal and external things for me during my stay. Oh, and the meatballs served in the restaurant are iconic. I will, however think twice before another stay since I had to make 3 calls to the front desk to report the antic of the the drunk, stoned guests on the Executive Floor to go to bed...at 4:00AM the noise stopped.

Room Tip: Be ultra judicious to demand a quite room away from others.
Green Features: A green roof! Kind to the environment. Would like to see a blue recycle bin in my room like in Canada Marriotts.
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
I'm glad you submitted your feedback to TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at the Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel. Our hotel was the venue for a rather large wedding that coincided with your stay. While we want our guests to enjoy their stay, we don't encourage them to do so at the expense of the other guests who are not a part of the festivities. While our staff goes to great lengths to minimize possible disturbances that may occur when a large group comes to the hotel for an event, such as placing the attending guests on the same floor away from other guests and alerting our security team to step up their patrols, the potential for a noise disturbance still exists. Our staff is trained to respond in a proactive manner when an occasion does arise and from your comments, you were pleased by their efforts. I sincerely apologize that your stay was still marred by the noise caused by the event. In other matters, I will pass along your praise to our Navigators and I will "second" your vote for the awesome meatballs served in our SOCCi restaurant. Perhaps our friendly staff service and our great food will get you to reconsider another stay with us. We would certainly appreciate your repeat business. Thank you for staying with us.