“GREAT Customer Service! EVERYWHERE!”

Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel
Ranked #6 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Dallas, Texas
“GREAT Customer Service! EVERYWHERE!”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I travel quite a bit for work and pleasure. NEVER before have I received such excellent customer service all around from one place. From the check in process, the staff cleaning the rooms, the buffet breakfast, and the smiles and warm personalities. I will definitely stay at this location when I'm in the VA/DC area again! This is the type of hotel that makes you feel like family; everyone treated us like we were the only guests in the entire building.

The rooms were large and clean. The lobby was very nicely decorated with an art-deco theme. The music playing in the lobby was a blend of jazz and chill cafe vibe tunes. VERY relaxing and zen. The buffet breakfast was delicious! The staff at the bar and buffet area was very attentive and helpful....always smiling and engaging.

Highly recommend this hotel if you're visiting the VA/DC area anytime soon! We will definitely go back there!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
It sounds like we were able to provide the "WOW" factor during your stay and that's what we strive to achieve with every guest who comes to the Renaissance Arlington Capital View. From the moment we greet you at the door until it's time to say 'goodbye", we will extend our friendly guest service and provide different aspects of our hotel for you to discover. Thank you for letting others know about your experience. Keep us on your list of go-to hotels in the DC area. We would love to have you come back for another stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
  • Turkish first
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed December 10, 2013

This is a follow-up to my initial review published a few weeks ago. Suffice it to say, it was not favorable due to a specific incident that marred my entire experience. I have since requested that my initial review be removed. Following this, I cannot express enough how happy I am with the corrective actions the Renaissance took to make things right. Their management got involved immediately, and have since bent over backwards to ensure my total satisfaction. For that reason alone, I would stay in this hotel during every future visit to the Arlington area.

Now, with regard to the hotel - it's an excellent property. It's centrally located, convenient to the entire NCR, upscale, modern and nicely appointed. The downstairs bar/lounge is comfortable and the in-hotel restaurant offered delicious selections. The concierge lounge was spacious and had a great selection of spirits. We spent our entire first night in town up there.

The room was very comfortable, and the bed slept quite well. That said, as this property is close to Reagan National, I would recommend staying on the opposite side, but regardless, I did not find the jet noise too intrusive or disturbing.

Their staff were courteous, congenial and helpful. I had a laugh with a couple of them on several occasions before the specific incident that ruined the trip (DISCLAIMER - that incident did not involve any direct member of the Renaissance Staff). They seem to be a pretty good outfit.

Bottom line, I would recommend staying with this property to anyone who's in town for business or pleasure.

My sincere gratitude to the management and staff of the Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel. Special thanks to Mr. Jerry Caliguire and Ms. Julie Ritter!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
To express my sincere gratitude in mere words can only begin to scratch the surface of how I feel knowing that we have not only restored your faith in our staff and in our hotel, but that we will be able to continue to serve you as a loyal Renaissance Arlington Capital View guest. For you to go out of your way to not only retract a negative review, but then to take the time to submit a review commending our hotel is indicative of the kind, generous, and forgiving person you are and we will always be grateful. We will see you soon!
Southeastern Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Had been on business trip that hadn’t gone as planned…walked into the Renaissance Arlington and all was well with the world. Really, we walked in the beautiful modern lobby and thought “this works!”

Staying there on a weekend the hotel is an amazing bargain. It’s first class in every way. The staff has the professionalism and polish of a truly great hotel, and make you feel welcome from the moment you step inside. Anything you need, just ask. Rooms are modern and comfortable. The showers are amazing - what pressure, even on the 8th floor. If only my home shower were that good.

As mentioned by other reviewers, the ILLY coffee shop is great too. I was able to get a real cappuccino there, not latte-light that the Starbucks’ baristas thinks is a cappuccino (basic coffee is also top-notch). A small thing, but it’s a “detail.” And all the details are well-attended to in the hotel.

If your room faces East, you can watch the planes come in and out of National Airport, but amazingly, you can’t hear them. I did have some concerns - as mentioned by another reviewer - when a CSX freight train trundled by. It could be heard. But it didn’t bother us a bit during the night. And drinks at the bar aren’t cheap, but they are in line for a DC hotel. Not a surprise. The bartenders were well polished and professional.

As mentioned before, The Metro is about 15-minute walk - there are free shuttles from the hotel to the stop. We were sorry to leave, but we knew we had gotten our money’s worth and then some. Would stay again for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: Higher up gets a better view of DC.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
I'm glad we were able to turn things around for you! We certainly enjoyed reading your review and we truly appreciate all of the wonderful comments about our hotel. Now that you have discovered us, why not let others in on your secret? And, of course, I hope you will come by and stay with us again soon. Thank you.
NJ
Reviewed December 6, 2013

I've had great experiences in Renaissance hotels before, so I was expecting a lot. First, the hotel is, no joke, 100 yards from the main train tracks from Washington to Florida, and freight trains go by all through the night. For sure ask for a room away from the tracks.

Second, I had to stand by the doorway in my room to get my iPad to connect to the hotel WiFi. I wouldn't work when I was at the desk or my bed.

Finally, when I arrived in the room, there was no alarm clock whatsoever. They sent one up when I asked, but the alarm went off 45 minutes early, and I couldn't get it to turn it off (finally pulled the plug). Not good.

The staff was mostly helpful and dinner in the restaurant was OK. But, for this kind of hotel, the experience should be better.

Room Tip: Away from the rail line
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sending a review of your experience to TripAdvisor. We certainly appreciate the feedback you have given and I apologize that your stay was disappointing. We are working very hard to deliver guest service that exceeds our guest's expectations. So to hear that we let you down is disappointing to us as well. We will discuss your comments with our team and address the areas that we can improve upon.
wisconsin
Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here while attending a conference across the street. I found the staff to be very helpful & friendly, and the rooms to be comfortable. The hotel was fairly busy, so I was pleasantly surprised that the elevators ran very efficiently, with no lengthy waits. Room service breakfast was also very speedy & efficient. For a hotel that caters to a business clientele, this is a great choice-- not too big, convenient, & attractive.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank c4ww
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
I am delighted that you were very satisfied with our hotel. Your comments will surely inspire others to give us a try. Thank you very much.
Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

2nd stay at this property.
Love everything about the hotel. Would highly recommend it if staying in the D.C. Area. Metro is a short free shuttle away or 10 minute walk through retail/restaurant area. Staff is more than accommodating and very, very appreciative of your stay. Concierge lounge and Socci are excellent. Property is only a few years old and well designed.
Just perfect.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Paul Z
Thank you for your repeat stay! We appreciate your feedback and look forward to your third stay.
Tbilisi, Georgia
Reviewed November 15, 2013

This is a very nice hotel, the lobby decorations are really impressive. The hotel offers live music performances from time to time. The rooms are a bit small, though and the elevators are so slow. One annoying thing about the hotel is that wifi is not available in the conference halls, which is really inconvenient. The hotel is locate quite far from Washington DC, so if you need to travel there, this is not the right place to stay, however, the hotel provides free of charge shuttle service to the nearest metro station.

Green Features: I noticed that electricity is on, when guest leaves a room, which is really surprising. Using electronic cards to switch electricity on/off I think is the easiest way to use energy efficiently.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank NinoG82
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to provide a review to TripAdvisor. I apologize for the disappointment at not having a free Wi-Fi connection on our meeting room floor. Our hotel conference groups demand the full attention of their attendees and on most occasions, ask us to restrict access to those in attendance. However, there is always a free connection to Wi-Fi in the lobby, just one floor down. In addition, while we are not located in downtown DC, we are a 5-10 minute drive from the city, depending on where you would like to go, and the Metro stop in Crystal City is only a few quick stops away (and certainly more convenient than having to pay for parking). Many of our guests are actually surprised as to how conveniently located we are to everything they want to see and do. We appreciate all of the feedback given and we certainly hope you will consider us for a future stay.