WINNER WONDERLAND

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
United States
“wonderful stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

I spent my birthday weekend at this hotel 10/11/13 thru 10/13/13 and enjoyed my stay. I am planning on staying at this hotel whenever I visit DC. The hotel rooms are modern , clean, and beautifully decorated with a refrigerator and safe. Stayed in a room with a double bed and it was very spacious. From check in it was fast and all the staff was courteous especially the bell man and the lady serving breakfast. The hotel has a beautiful lobby which is cool just to hang out and have a few drinks. They have a breakfast buffet available cost about $20 and there was an assortment of breakfast items to choose from. There is hotel shuttle available to crystal city station for anyone not wishing to drive into the city or go the mall at pentagon city...just tip generously.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Thank you for choosing the Renaissance Arlington Capital View for your celebration. I am delighted you had a wonderful stay and that you have decided to come back whenever you're in town. We can't wait to see you again. Thank you for the feedback. We appreciate it very much.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
  • Turkish first
Hanover, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

My husband and I, along with two other couples, all stayed at this hotel to celebrate our anniversary. It was a great choice for everyone. The view is a matter of opinion. Ours overlooked the airport and the train tracks. What can you say? That is better than most city views. I thought the room and the location was perfect. It is close enough to walk to places in Crystal City a few clocks away, but far enough away to feel like you were removed from hustle and bustle. We walked a few times, drove once up to the movie theatre (which is a minute or two away), and then we used the shuttle once to go to the Metro station. It ran every 20 minutes up until about 11pm. We had the package that offered breakfast each morning, and I found that to be a fantastic deal. With the exception of one lady in the omelet/waffle area, I thought the workers in the restaurant were very pleasant and helpful. We also took advantage of the decent weather and used the rooftop terrace to have wine together. That was an awesome amenity too! I will say that we frequent Northern VA often during our anniversary weekend each year because it is a central location for us to meet up with our friends and family. And before coming here, we had another favorite hotel, which I will not name. But, for the location and at almost $100 cheaper per night, my husband has decided that this is now his favorite place. I would definitely go back!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
First of all, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Thank you for deciding to do things a little differently this year by choosing the Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel for your annual DC area stay. I'm glad you were able to take advantage of our complimentary shuttle to get around and the benefits of being able to enjoy the locale minus the hustle and bustle of the city. We are finding more and more guests that keep coming back to us as a result of our guest service and location and I am thrilled to be able to add you to our list! Thank you for taking the time to share your review with others. We appreciate your feedback and we'll see you next year!
Dallas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

This is a fantastic property within walking distance of the restaurants in Crystal City. It is convenient to the Metro and the airport.

The hotel facilities are very well maintained. The rooms were very clean and the staff was Fantastic!

If you need accomodations in the DC area I would definitely give them a try.

Room Tip: The Capital view rooms are great, but you may hear train noise if you are on a lower floor.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you for recommending the Renaissance Arlington Capital View to others! We look forward to having new guests come and check us out and then discover that our kind of guest service is exactly what they're looking for.
North Quincy, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

While I don't normally bring my wife and child on business trips, our stay here at the Renaissance Arlington Capitol View has been absolutely phenomenal! From the moment we checked in, and every single day the staff are extremely cheerful and nice! We are constantly being greeted, and welcomed. Some staff have even gone as far as giving a small stuffed gift to our child, and others bring us crayons and paper. We are ecstatic about the level of service that we received here. The hotel is amazingly designed and decorated, from the lobby and restaurants, to the pool and gym, and concierge lounge. The room itself was large and comfortable, and very clean and fresh. Again, our stay here has been absolutely wonderful! A huge thanks to you and your team, and everyone who works here!

Green Features: The hotel appears very environmentally friendly! The design is wonderful and all of the products offered appear to be natural.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
We are delighted that you chose the Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel for your stay! Thank you for taking the time to let others know about our wonderful staff and the service they provide for our guests. We appreciate your business and hope you will continue to stay with us whenever you're in the DC area.
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

I was @ the Renaissance 9/18 - 9/23 for a conference (GLM Summit). From our initial greeting from Richard when we disembarked from taxi to the entire staff @ front desk, we received superb customer service. Michael @ Front Desk assisted me with getting phone charged FedExed to my husband 9/19/13. His coworkers, Joey, Daniel, and Aye were also terrific. Aye assisted me with an early check-in on 9/19/13 and I felt like she indeed went above and beyond to coordinate this early check-in. The entire operation is classy and the staff makes their guests feel very valued and appreciated indeed. Choose Renaissance for future travels, whether business or pleasure.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
We enjoyed having the GLM team on board with us in September and we hope that we'll be seeing all of you again. We have a great team of super stars at the Renaissance Arlington Capital View and they understand the importance of making each and every guest feel special. Thank you for taking the time to mention a handful of our superstars. They will appreciate the recognition and I will be sure to share your comments with the entire team. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

We enjoyed this new hotel in Crystal City. We were upgraded to a spacious one bedroom suite. Rooms were very modern, clean and comfortable. We enjoyed the breakfast buffet on Sunday morning (free for Marriott Gold elites). Walking distance to restaurants and bars in Crystal City. Free shuttle van to National Airport. Friendly service - would stay again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time to let others know the perks of staying at the Renaissance Arlington Capital View. I am pleased that we were able to upgrade your stay and that you were able to take advantage of the breakfast buffet. We appreciate your business and it's always great to see our Gold Elite members. Please come back when you're ready for another weekend getaway.
Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

I booked the Marriott for a conference not expecting much. I actually looked into staying in a different hotel because of my negative impression of the Marriott but could not match the conference price. I was totally wrong about my impressions. The hotel is nice, clean. The rooms are spacious clean, in good repair. The room was QUIET, very important for me. The staff was friendly and outgoing, very willing to help. Location is great, walk to shops and restaurants. Free shuttle. Close to an awesome running trail.
A very pleasant surprise, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you for giving us a chance to show you what Marriott has to offer especially when you stay at the Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel. We take a lot of pride in our hotel and we're the newest in town. All I ask now is that you recommend us to friends and family and become a loyal fan whenever you're in the neighborhood. We'll be here to welcome you back.