We've stayed at many hotels in the DC area and this is by far our favorite. We decided to stay at the Renaissance because of all the positive reviews and I'm happy to say the hotel does live up to it's hype. The next time we are in the DC area we will be staying here again.
Our family of 5 had 2 adjoining rooms (1 king and 2 doubles) with an amazing view of the airport, metro trains and many cargo trains. It was was actually cheaper to have 2 rooms with a AAA rate than it was to stay at an Embassy suites or Residence Inn.
The rooms are clean and well decorated. The king bedroom had a very nice walk in shower while the 2 doubles had a bathtub/shower combo. The breakfast room service was prompt. Check in was efficient and friendly. The kids loved the computers in the lobby.
One piece of advice is to skip the metro and drive in if you're sight seeing in DC. The metro can add up in price, especially for a family of 5, and the wait for the shuttle (to and fro) can add at least half an hour onto your trip. You can find cheap parking in DC online. The drive in is only about 10 minutes, depending on time of day.
The small cons:
- cargo trains are a bit loud, but not enough to wake you up
- the view of the airport was a huge plus, not sure if i would give it 5 stars if i faced the other way
- pool can get very crowded with kids
- wait for metro shuttle
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Renaissance Arlington Capital View's luminous design, sophisticated comfort and unparalleled service validate our position as not only one of the top rated hotels in the Washington, DC area, but across the continental U.S. Our Arlington, VA hotel is centrally located between downtown DC (3 miles) and Old Town Alexandria (3 miles). Courtesy shuttle services to National Airport and Crystal City Metro station provide possibilities to discover something new. Looking for an adventure? Our courtesy Trek Bicycles are the perfect mode of transportation when exploring the sights and hidden gems of our Nation's Capital! While visiting us, we hope you have the chance to enjoy one of the largest hotel fitness centers in the Arlington, VA area, Espressamente Illy cafe, and modern Italian cuisine at SOCCi. We're proud to be a LEED(R) Gold certified hotel and our Navigators, the hotel's local area experts, are looking forward to helping you discover the best places to savor, sip, shop and see. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.