Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel
$68
$98
$90
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of $128/night.

$79
ComfortInn
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $102/night.

The Westin Arlington Gateway(Arlington)(Great Value!)
$139
$118
$105
$99
Doubletree.com
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $125/night.

Virginian Suites Arlington(Arlington)(Great Value!)
$98
AscendHotels
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $113/night.

Hyatt Centric Arlington(Arlington)(Great Value!)
$129
$126
  • Restaurant
Crystal Gateway Marriott(Arlington)(Great Value!)
$169
$99
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of $154/night.

$140
$129
  • Breakfast included
$233
RitzCarlton.com
  • Room Service
All reviewstrain tracksilly coffee shopcrystal citythe concierge loungebeautiful hotelfree shuttlereagan airportwalk in showerfitness centerlobby restaurantmetro shuttleclub roomattended a conferenceruns every minutesdc areaself parkshuttle service
Reviewed January 28, 2013

There's a lot to like about the Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel. This property has a modern feel to it, from the lobby area, with its set of iMac workstations for public use (there's a separate area for printing boarding passes), to the rooms that are contemporary and comfortable.

There's an illy coffeeshop just off the main lobby, and the breakfast buffet in the hotel's restaurant is excellent. The restaurant also doubles as a bar area at night, which is both efficient and well done.

There is a shuttle service to both DCA (Reagan National Airport) and the nearby Crystal City Metro station. The Metro station is walkable in good weather, but there are hotels much closer to the Metro station if that is a high priority.

Whether or not I return to this property on future visits depends on the price at the time relative to other options in the area. I like this hotel in every respect, but there are a lot of choices available in the area.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Thank you for submitting a review of your experience at our hotel to TripAdvisor. We really do appreciate the feedback and your business. Although there are several hotels in the area, I hope our guest service will keep you coming back to us here at the Renaissance Arlington Capital View. We love our repeat guests!

Reviewed January 28, 2013

I stayed here one night during Inauguration weekend because my intent was to fly up before my mom came so i could visit friends. She ended up coming with me but we both agreed that the hotel was very nice and well-appointed. I also got a great price at a AAA rate and considering it was Inauguration weekend and I paid $89? Score!

Every person I came in contact with at this hotel was very nice and polite. I say this because not every Renaissance in the Marriott chain has people like that working there. Also, the beds are drool-worthy. I mean that by the fact that I literally wanted to stay in the bed and keep drooling because I slept so well.

The hotel is LEED certified.

They have apple computers for your use in the lobby and free wi-fi also in the lobby but it costs in the room. I really wish hotels will do away with this. This is one of the reasons they only have 4 stars and not 5. I don't understand why the cheaper hotels in the Marriott chains give you all free everything and the more expensive ones make you pay for everything. Sigh. Can't have it all I guess.

The other reason why they got 4 stars and not 5 is because the lobby was FREEZING! You couldn't really sit at the computers too long because every time someone came in the door all the freezing air came in behind it! I know they are trying to save energy and all that but this is January in DC for goodness sakes! lol

They have a shuttle to the Metro station. You could walk there but it will take you a good 15 minutes. The shuttle also picks up and drops off at DCA Airport. Self-Parking and Valet cost big bucks: Self parking is $24 and Valet is $29. So whatever works for you I guess...

I will make this hotel one of my regulars on my jaunts to DC. I will be back :)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

We are so glad you chose the Renaissance Arlington Capital View for your stay over Inauguration weekend! We know there are several hotels to choose from in Crystal City and we intend to keep our guests coming back by winning them over with our wonderful guest service and the comforts our hotel has to offer. Thank you for your review. We hope you will choose us for another stay sometime.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed here during Inauguration Weekend 2013 and it was very tame considering the event. I was pleased with the maintenance of the hotel and how they accommodated the heavy crowd for the weekend.

The room was very clean and spacious. I actually stayed in a suite so I was very comfortable and the view was amazing. Whatever was needed we called and they would send someone up right away. I was also shocked to know how close to the city of DC it was. I took a cab in the city and spent $25 max from hotel. Traffic was in sane this particular weekend so it was good to know the hotel wasn't too far from city and events in the city.

Overall a very pleasant stay and will definitely consider it as a DC (although it's in VA) option in the future.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Thank you for mentioning that we would be a DC option the next time you're in town. It is our hotel's mission to become the landmark hotel of Washington, DC. That's right! We are that close to DC! That's the beauty of being Crystal City's gem hotel. Everything from nightlife to shopping to dining to sightseeing. We've got it all in our back yard. Thank you for giving Renaissance Arlington Capital View your business.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel is modern and hip love the decor at the main lobby. The staff was excellent we arrived at 4 am and they settled us into our room quickly. Our room was spacious we stayed on the 14 floor across the executive lounge. The lounge was also a beautiful room we had breakfast on our last day, view was great if you enjoy the airport. Overall the food, room, and staff was excellent.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for spending the weekend with us. Inauguration weekend was a special time for us and we were happy to welcome guests from all over the world to our hotel. If your travels ever lead you back to the area, we hope you will consider us for another stay.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

The location is convenient to the Reagan National Airport. However, the hotel is priced high even for the Washington, DC, area. Serviceable, and would use again, but no reason to go out of my way to stay here.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

We appreciate the time you took to rate our hotel and submit your feedback to TripAdvisor. We are glad that you mentioned our great guest service and the fact that we are near DCA. It is my hope that these values will steer you back in our direction the next time you're in Crystal City. Thank you for your business.