“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 50 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Had a great experience. I was able to see a lot of history of the area while wrapped in modern comforts. The exc. Sou Chef was excellent and very talented as was the whole Food and Beverage team. The service offered by this hotel is top notch. I can't say this much but the taxi/ limo service in the area is the best I've seen. Great experience all around.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Thank you for submitting a review about the Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel and for highlighting some of the unique features about our hotel and location that sets us apart from the competition. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
  • Turkish first
New England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I hosted a Christmas gathering here at the Renaissance Capital View. The dining room staff was extremely accommodating, allowing us to meet in the private dining room for a quiet round-table brunch. David, at the front desk, answered many travel logistic questions and was personable and professional. The rooms here are mid-sized, yet elegant. Quite, too. An update. A new chef at the helm! He added his grandmother's handmade meatball recipe to the menu. They are great! A good location if you do not want to be in the heart of Washington, DC and are looking for modern elegance. They do have shuttle service which is helpful.

Room Tip: If a member of the Marriott Rewards Program, ask for the top floor of the hotel.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for choosing the Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel to have your holiday gathering. We're delighted that your festivities were enjoyed by you and your guests. Please keep us in mind for any future gatherings and please suggest us to friends and family looking to host a party. That's what we do best!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

Well this is long over due. I stayed at the Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel in September for my daughter's 5th Birthday. I have to say this hotel is amazing!!!! The decor and exquisite furnishings make this hotel a sight to see. I heard about this wonderful place from my co-workers in the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). When I called to inquire about rooms for my daughter's Barbie Dream Birthday party/sleepover. I spoke with the delightful Heather in reservations. She was so informative and helped me choose the presidential suite for our party.  When I finally had time to actually come and look at the room Heather had moved on to a new position and she turned me over to Ashleigh. Ashleigh showed us around the hotel and even gave us some of the ideas for the party.  When we showed up to the hotel on the day of the party. The front desk was so nice and the bellman helped us to the room with all of our decorations and bags. When we walked in to the suite there was a nice envelope with my daughter's name and gift bag waiting. When Sommer opened the envelope it was a card signed from the staff at the hotel wishing Sommer a happy Birthday. In the gift bag was a beautiful Barbie doll. Sommer was extremely happy and I was in shock and the personal detail and touches that Ashleigh and the staff at the Renaissance. We were extremely happy and are planning to come back to your hotel very soon.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
We are so glad you chose to have your daughter's birthday party with us and thank you for mentioning some of our superstar associates who looked forward to the party almost as much as your daughter. It was the talk of the office for several days. What a great opportunity for us to create long lasting memories for her and for her friends and family. Best wishes to all of you!
Plymouth, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

This is a very nice Marriott property with a very modern, artistic feel. The location is excellent for shopping and easy access to the metro. It is very close to the airport and shuttle service is provided, so there is no need to rent a car. The staff is very friendly and helpful for finding places to eat or arranging a tour. We took a bus tour at night and saw a great deal of the mall in just a few hours. The bus picked us up at the front door and dropped us back at the door. Very convenient. The fitness center has excellent equipment and weights for an overall workout. There are trails nearby as well if a long run is what you want.

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the airport side.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
We are delighted that you chose our hotel for your stay and we would be honored if you would come back to see us again soon.
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

A boutique hotel, the Renaissance Arlington Capital View has extensive conference facilities with a sophisticated decor. It's the kind of place where you want to be photographed checking your watch, or swishing your hair while nodding at something really witty that your attractive friends just said over a business meeting or $16 cocktail. This is because the cocktails are actually that expensive. I'm not even kidding. Not that I'm whining, I mean when you're trapped there during a hurricane and you've had three cocktails already, you hardly remember how much they are and whether you can finance your drink tab with a second mortgage.

But let's talk about the rooms. If you can, request a corner room. Windows on two sides of the room... spacious and awesome. This was a hotel room I could die in. Sorry, did I say die? I meant dine. Room service was so fast... I staggered into my room at like 10pm and by 10:15 I had room service up there with my hot wings.

Parking is $24 a day or something. If you think that's expensive, remember it's not much more than an entree in the restaurant. But hey, it's the capital, baby. So this is a trendy upscale hotel that's clean, spotless, and full of staff ready to do anything you need with a smile.

One more thing: They care about the guests having a good time- they threw a hurricane party that included discounted drinks and a live DJ. Fun times.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank andogg
Thank you for submitting your review. I must say, we thoroughly enjoyed reading your descriptive comments and it proved to be the highlight of our day. I hope it won't take another hurricane to bring you back to us to have a little more fun!
Melbourne
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Although this hotel is relatively new, I found the security manager at this hotel to be one of THE rudest, arrogant man that I have ever met. My family and I were on the Club Level floor and were sitting watching TV when he came in and 'escorted us out', even though our key allowed us access to the area. Apparently the room should have been locked, something which I assume he should have done, but didn't. As a guest, you don't know the workings of the hotel and as with the previous night my family went to sit and watch the TV. This man was SO rude and he should have handled this in a more respectful and professional manner. I have NEVER experienced such deplorable service or rudeness in my life. It was so bad that we cut short our three night stay and moved to another hotel.

Room Tip: Select another Hotel!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank Belle8888
First, I would like to apologize if you were made to feel disrespected while staying at our hotel. We certainly do not condone behavior from our staff members that would make any of our guests feel unwelcomed or uncomfortable. Please know that both our department managers and I have been notified about this matter and that action has been taken to rectify this from ever happening again in the future.

Finally, should you wish to discuss this matter further, I encourage you to call me at your convenience. Thank you.
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Love this property, nice open lobby with big Mac computers at tables for use, bar area and restaurant connected. Room was clean,bright and modern.
Free shuttle to and from airport-
Meeting rooms were spacious-- and comfortable
Walking distance to many restaurants.

Room Tip: Corner room gave me two decent views.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel for your stay. I hope you will think of us again whenever your travels lead you to Crystal City.