“Great place for business travel”

Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel
Ranked #5 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Great place, nice staff, food is ok, rooms are very nice and modern. Would stay here again for sure! Be careful of Internet charges as one person promised them for free and the front office staff didn't know about it. Never got charged but just be aware.

Overall the hotel has a very modern and comfortable feel to it and is ultra convenient to Reagan Airport.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Thank you for your response. Not only is the Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel a great place to stay if your traveling on business, but it's also wonderful for leisure stays as well. Perhaps you will come back to stay when you have a chance to really explore our hotel and the local area. Crystal City has so much to offer and so do we! How about it?

Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was terrible! With 2 major league baseball teams in the area you would think you would be able to watch the games - wrong! You could watch them online - if you want to pay $12.95 per day for internet. Internet is free at the Best Western, BW3, McDonalds, and everywhere else. If you go anywhere in the evening, don't expect to park in their garage! Apparently even though you are paying them for parking & your room doesn't mean you have a spot to park. This hotel was so far from a 5 star hotel! When I think 5 star I think of the Galt House, not this joke! Stay somewhere else! The front desk staff was very friendly, but that's the only nice thing I have to say about this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012

I appreciate and thank you for the feedback from a recent stay at our hotel. I understand your disappointment when you were unable to watch the games on TV at the hotel. Also, you ventured out to explore the city only to return to the hotel and discover that our parking garage capacity was severely limited due to the hotel's high occupancy. You are right to expect a space when you have paid for it. I apologize that these circumstances affected your overall experience in such a negative way. We are currently handling our parking garage in a more efficient way in order to accomodate our guests during peak times. I want you to know that your comments have been taken seriously and we really do care. I sincerely hope that you will reconsider and choose us for another stay in the future. It is our hotel's vision to become a landmark hotel in DC and we will continue on this path until this vision is realized.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Just stayed at this hotel and my stay was great! Starting with the registration...so helpful and staff genuinely made you feel welcomed. I was here on business and everything from the artistic lobby, espresso shop, dining, to the conference center is really top notch. Rooms are lovely, very clean and super comfortable. Ate dinner in their restaurant and loved the short ribs! Lots of great restaurants and shops to visit nearby. I highly recommend this hotel if you are staying in Washington DC.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

I am thrilled that you used the term "VIP" because that's the feeling we strive to give every guest who stays at our hotel. And, I have to agree with you, the short ribs at our SOCCi restaurant are awesome! We would be honored if you would recommend us to friends and family. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

I had the opportunity to stay at the Renaissance earlier this week. Having stayed in a number of hotels in Crystal City, I have to say that this one is by far the best. My room was spacious and had everything I needed. The gym was phenomenal! When I have to go to Arlington again, I will definitely stay at this property.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank AshleahB

We are delighted that you chose the Renaissance Arlington Capital View for your stay and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit Crystal City! Thank you for sharing your review.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

I was very happy with this choice that our company made to have a conference at this location. The check in made me feel like a VIP. I inspected the room to find nothing out of place and no cleanliness issues. The conference staff catered to our every need. I would go back just for pleasure... the view of the river and the Capital is the cherry on top.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank travelhound14
Jerry C, General Manager at Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

At the Renaissance Arlington Capital View, we strive to make all of our guests feel like VIP's. I think coming back as a guest of leisure is a fantastic idea! You can take the time to just sit back and relax and drink it all in, beginning with a delicious dinner at our hotel's SOCCi restaurant. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed September 20, 2012

VERY nice hotel. Check in staff go out from behind their counters to talk to you face to face -- what a charming gesture. Impressive lobby. The room I had was not overly large, but was very convenient, with a nice view of the airport. Breakfast in the main restaurant was superb. Airport shuttle frequent and quick. Really no complaints, and the weekend rate was very affordable. I'd love to come back again.

Room Tip: Try to get a high floor with a city view -- breathtaking.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for the review and come on back! We'd love to see you again, too. The fall weather has been fantastic. Come and see for yourself!

Reviewed September 19, 2012

I stayed in the hotel for a business conference and absolutely loved it! The staff was very welcoming and they took hospitality to a very high level. The first morning of the conference I asked one of the staff for a coca-cola since it's waht I prefer to drink in the morning and they didn't have any out in the buffet. He took about a minute getting it for me and every single breakfast and lunch afterwards he had it ready for me even before I asked right in the table where I preffered to sit!!! All the staff always had a big smile and were very accomodating! I absolutely loved the decor! the rooms are very comftable and even though you are right next to the airport and train tracks you don't get any sound in them. Also, although there really isn't much to do near the hotel their van services are great and very punctual! They can take to where the restaurants are or even to the metro so yuou really go anaywhere! I would definetly stay there again!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for the great review! It's great that you were able to discover our hotel because of a conference, but now that you've had a chance to stay with us for business purposes, perhaps you can come back and stay with us to have a little fun! Our Navigator, located in the hotel lobby, has tons of ideas on hand for you. Whether you want to enjoy a fabulous meal in DC or do a little sightseeing in Alexandria, you'll find there's always something wonderfully new to discover at the Renaissance.