“Clean and modern property near DCA” 5 of 5 stars

Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel
Ranked #4 of 49 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Dallas
“Clean and modern property near DCA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

This is a brand new Renaissance hotel. It is very clean and has a modern decor. Rooms are smallish but efficient and are very nicely finished out. Feels like a new European hotel. Shower stalls with no tubs, which is terrific. The lobby was lively on the Thursday night I stayed at the property. The restuarant in the lobby is good. Good by the glass wine list. The Illy coffee bar in the lobby is great (notwithstanding the surly service). Wish more hotels would opt for Illy over the standard Starbucks.

Overall, a great hotel of you need to be in Arlington or close to Reagan.

• Stayed November 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Turkish first
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

New Marriott (opened in early 2011) practically walking distance from Reagan National Airport. Lobby has a youthful and trendy vibe without feeling pretentious - caught me by surprise when I walked in. Room was quiet and comfortane and gave me the good night's sleep I now expect from Marriott. I was impressed with the fitness center ... hotels that give me more than a treadmill and a few dumbells will always get me back. Although the location is almost a mile from the Metro station (not a bad walk when the weather is nice), a van heads there every 20 minutes. I visit the Arlington area frequently and may very well become a regular.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

Stayed here for the Marine Corps Marathon, Saturday October 29th. The rate was very reasonable, around 140. Once I arrived, I felt that for such a nice hotel, it must have been a teaser rate to get you to try it. This hotel is twinned with a Residence Inn, and is so new it is not on the map. The lobby decor for both hotels whimsical and contemporary. The check in process was fine, they set us up for late check out without a problem. Self parked under the hotel, $22 a day. Bell staff was really nice. The rooms were magnificent. Spotlessly clean, beautiful decor, lovely toiletries, amazingly comfortable beds. The only problem during our stay was a broken elevator in the garage, which really was inconvenient. Since my son was a wheelchair user, we had to find our way to the other elevator in the garage, quite a hike over to the other hotel side. (hence noticing the decor of the Residence Inn lobby) It also took a really long time for the staff to even get a sign on the broken elevator, we noticed lots of other guests trying to use it, and we had help direct them. SInce the hotel is so new, I think there might be a learning curve on staff training, however, the friendliness of everyone we encountered was top notch. If this was a more expensive room, maybe I wouldn't be quite so effusive about my praise of the hotel, but at the rate we paid it was just wonderful.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

I just attended a 3-day conference at this new hotel. Great site for our conference. Exceptional hotel design & decor - "flowing" and "movement." Staff very customer focused without being overbearing. Check-in and check-out were both accomplished in a matter of 1-3 minutes. Several staff positioned in the lobby at the end of our conference to ensure quick luggage pick-up and assistance with catching the airport shuttle. FREE shuttle service to Reagan National Airport added bonus. Regular room rates are pricey, but conference rates were within reimbursable rates by my employer.

• Stayed November 2011
Brighton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

This isn't the kind of place I would choose to stay (it was booked for us by relatives), so I wasn't disappointed - I knew I wouldn't like it. I am not into all these different club levels that people buy into to make themselves feel important, so being able to have an average buffet breakfast in some special lounge that you can only access if you have the right level of room card seems laughable and pointless. If you enjoy that kind of thing, this place is for you!

Our room was average, glitzy US style - nothing special. I hated the fact that the windows don't open and so we had to run the air conditioning all night to stop the room becoming unbearably hot. This was in October when it was pleasantly cool outside. Meanwhile they have those "we care about the environment so we'd like to save money by not washing your towels so often" cards. They could save energy by designing hotels with natural ventilation rather than hermetically sealed cells instead.

The lobby was interesting if you like night club decor. It was good that they had Macs you could use when you liked. The piped music was ridiculously loud and annoying - they even had it blaring outside.

All in all not somewhere I would go back to, but then I wouldn't have gone in the first place by choice!

Room Tip: If you like fresh air this place is not for you.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Spiggiewiggie
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

I bid on Priceline for this hotel and won at $78.00 which believe me was a bargain for this property. I was traveling with my 11 year old son. The hotel was a boutique style if that means modern, cool and hip. But, by all mean meant for all. The lobby had imacs with free computer access. Always available, I checked my stuff while my son played games. Also, chess games,tic tac toe and interesting books throughout. We arrived early from NJ about 4 hours before check in. No problem we parked the car (additional $22.@day) then the complimentary shuttle brought us to the metro. It runs every 20 minutes and for the two days we stayed it was always right on schedule. I never touched the car again until I left. The pool although on the small side was perfect as it was truly heated which is usually a biggy for me. We ate at the restaurant on premise. Pricey for sure but the food and service were both excellent. The next night I found out by the bartender they do have a happy hour. We were given the option of a king or 2 doubles. The room was very clean, the coffee was decent and the walk in shower was fabulous. Also, they deliver USA today in the am which I always find a treat. We stayed on the 8th floor and had no noise issues at all. I asked for the highest floor available. The surrounding area know as crystal city had alot of ammentities in terms of dining and shopping. We had pizza delivered the second night. We were going to arlington and the zoo the first day.
Washington the second. It was perfect. Metro so easy!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

The calming theme of the hotel was nice in the midst of busy Crystal City and DC Metro area.
The meeting facilities are first rate with attentive staff and good food.
Rooms are very modern , but in a comfortable way. All the latest technology and a very good bar as well.
On site dining was wonderful, and there were plenty of dining choices in the surrounding area.

• Stayed August 2011