“This will be our place in the DC area from now on”

Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel
Ranked #6 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Rhode Island
“This will be our place in the DC area from now on”
Reviewed July 10, 2011

The decor is industrial modern, so if you don't like that, this may not be the hotel for you. However, I found the place to be beautiful and well done. The room was comfortable, large and well appointed.
In a hotel like this,one expects good service. I have high expectations. The people at this hotel exceeded ALL my expectations. Without exception, everyone, and I do mean everyone, from the first phone call to our checkout, was friendly, polite. helpful and seemingly devoted to making our visit more pleasant. I don't know where they found these people, but I hope they clone them.
They only problem is that the hotel is so new that it was not in my car GPS, and the directions on my Google maps were not accurate. I would suggest that you call the hotel and get directions. This section of town is being developed and a little local knowledge goes a long way.
Parking is expensive, but it is in-and-out. There is a free shuttle to the metro if you want to use that to get into DC

Room Tip: All rooms are wonderful
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank BillRhodeIsland

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Mackinaw, Illinois
Reviewed July 10, 2011

This was a family vacation and our first stay in the DC area. Over much diliberation, we decided to stay in the Arlington, VA area. I am very glad that we made that choice. We stayed for 3 nights. This hotel is very nice! The staff is very attentive and helpful. The rooms are nice sized, beds and sheets are wonderful. The view is also beautiful. It is about a mile from the Metro, but they have shuttle service. Which we were only able to use once. There are many restaurants to choose from in the Crystal City area, which is about 10-15 minute walk. Many chain restaurants, but also unique ones as well. Crystal City also has an underground shopping center. The web-site indicates $16 per day to self park, but were charged $22, although the parking facility is right next door and attached to the hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Hopetotravelmore1
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 2, 2011

This is a beautiful, new hotel, but what really stood out for me was the friendliness of the staff. Everyone I encountered went the extra mile to ensure that I was having a great stay.

Still waiting for a call on an item I left in my room, but otherwise, the staff was very responsive.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
ATL
Reviewed June 22, 2011

I stayed at this property though it was further to work than others I could have stayed at. This hotel is new and it feels like it. The lobby is excellently set up - very modern and great ambience. The restaurant has good food (try the mussels). The rooms are modernly decorated and very comfortable. The view from the executive lounge is unparalleled as it overlooks DCA and DC behind it in the distance. Wow. It offers shuttles to the metro station and to DCA which is quite convenient. The gym is the best hotel gym I have seen in my latest travels which include stays at other Renaissance properties. There is close access to a running trail, to a supermarket, and to an LA Fitness (in case you are a member of it). Plus a few blocks away are plenty of choices to eat out (I recommend Jaleo!).

Room Tip: Get one with a view towards DCA!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Wadesville, Indiana
Reviewed June 16, 2011

We stayed here 2 nights. The staff was attentive and helpful. The facility is very modern and clean, as you would expect from someplace that has only been open a few months. We had breakfast in the restaurant and is was very good. I would come back here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 23, 2011

When I booked the room I asked what time check in was. I was told 3PM. As I had to give a speech downtown at 330. They assured me I'd be fine. At 320 my room still wasn't ready. I asked for a cab downtown to get to my meeting and was told they don't let cabs pick guests up I had to use a car service. Which was twice the price of a taxi. My son stayed with my luggage as they wouldn't even let me check my bags. The room became available at four fifteen. The hotel is beautiful and five star but the Staff is clueless and doesn't seem to care if the guests are taken care of.

• Stayed May 2011
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed May 22, 2011

This recently opened hotel has a tremendous amount of potential. The interior decor is phenomenal and the rooms are quite large for what I'm used to seeing in Washington D.C. The service leaves much to be desired. While all of the employees were incredibly friendly it was clear that they lacked the years of experience and training you typically see in a hotel of this class. I don't think i would stay here again because of this, there are so many hotels to choose from in the D.C. area that provide superior service. One major redeeming quality: the GORGEOUS green roof that you can see from all of the guest floors.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends