WINNER WONDERLAND

Residence Inn Arlington Capital View
Ranked #4 of 50 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
OK
“Great staff, room and breakfast! Awesome value at $89.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

The Capital View was almost perfect for our trip to DC. The staff could not of been more helpful. The room was clean, quiet and comfortable. The shuttles to the Metro were always on time. The Capital View is worthy of its #1 ranking on TA.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank elbowlicker
Jerry C, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
We are proud to be No. 1 on TripAdvisor! Thank you for the wonderful comments. Since our opening in 2011, we have worked hard to become the choice hotel for travelers coming to the DC area. We'll warmly greet you at the door and extend our guest service to you throughout your stay. It's what our loyal Marriott guests have come to expect and it's what they deserve. We appreciate your feedback and your business and hope you will come by again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
  • Turkish first
Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on our recent trip to DC. I picked it thinking that with the name - Capitol View - we might have a great view of DC. Nope... too far away. But, it was a nice hotel. This is in the Crystal City area with lots of shops and places to eat. We used the hotel shuttle to the Metro each day and took the easy ride into DC. My husband would have preferred a closer hotel but the prices sky rocket as you get closer to DC. This hotel was expensive but a good value in the expensive DC market. We had breakfast each day and did enjoy dinner on Wednesday evening. Everyone was super nice and offered assistance when asked. The hotel is new and the rooms were very nice and clean. We stopped one day at Pentagon City and loved that area. The mall was great and the Metro stop is easy to use.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank indygal10
Jerry C, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at the Residence Inn Arlington Capital View and for sharing your feedback with other TripAdvisor users. While we are on the other side of the Potomac, across from DC, it is possible to get a glimpse of the city views from the upper floors, especially at night when the city is lit up. It is more of a Capital view (city) and not so much of a Capitol view (the Capitol itself). I apologize for any disappointment. However, it is wonderful to know that you still enjoyed your stay and that our staff was attentive and friendly. I hope you will return for another stay with us soon and enjoy a little more of what our locale has to offer. Until then...safe travels.
Kansas City, Kansas, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

Nice new property with spacious rooms, great lobby and modern amenities. Some kinks still to be worked out -- the 'every 20 min shuttle' doesn't run that often to DCA. The room service kitchen and the front desk don't connect efficiently (room service is served by adjoining Renaissance). The breakfast and dinner buffets were 'ok' but not exceptional. In the overpriced DC market, this hotel represents a good value.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank DRWMETMAN
Jerry C, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
I appreciate your feedback and want you to know that we care about what our guests have to say about us on TripAdvisor. We want to make sure that guests return to us for the quality of our guest service and not just because it's a good value compared to other hotels in the area. I apologize that your experience with us did not meet your expectations, but I want you to know that your concerns will be addressed with my team and we will continue to strive for excellence throughout our hotel. We want to be your "go-to" hotel and we will continue our efforts until we have achieved this goal. Thank you for your business and we hope you will come back soon.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

First of all I want to say Majda at the front desk was amazing! She greeted me upon my arrival and made me feel welcome from the moment I walked in. The staff is very flexible - For example, they told me that if I needed a spare mattress for the pull-out couch, they could bring that up for me - AND THEY DID - no hassle! They answered my questions and provided me with information about the nearby Crystal City area. They gave me info on the free shuttle that took you to and from downtown Crystal City, as well as the Crystal City metro. There is also a free shuttle to take you to and from National Airport. Bonus! They have a little market downstairs that you can buy water, soda, snacks, wine, and beer. Oh - they have free microwave popcorn in the room. That was a great bonus! There is a pool and a fitness room, but I didn't use them, so I can't speak to them, but if they're like the rest of the hotel, then I'm sure they're top notch!
Free breakfast too! :)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Maureen P
Jerry C, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback about the Residence Inn Arlington Capital View on TripAdvisor. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and that our staff helped you and your family feel welcomed. Our staff truly cares about guests who stay with us and it's the attention to the finer details that sets us apart from other hotels in the area. I'm glad you were able to take advantage of some of the amenites we offer and perhaps the next time you stay with us, you'll be able to squeeze in some time for the pool and fitness center. We'd love to have you back!
Staten Island, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is new so it's very clean. The bed is super comfortable and rooms are very specious. Staff is very friendly. There's lots of restaurants a block away on 23rd street, walking distance. Definitely recommend it for business or family.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for telling others how "awesome" our hotel is. We are the perfect choice for anyone coming to the DC area on business or traveling for leisure. The Residence Inn Arlington Capital View welcomes you with friendly service and extends all of the comforts that make a stay with us memorable. We appreciate your TripAdvisor review.
Fairfax, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

n short this is one of the best hotels in Arlington. The rooms are awesome, the service is outstanding and the location is superb. The one thing I'd change is breakfast options. The buffet was great but lacked bacon. We were there Friday and Saturday mornings and neither time did the buffet include bacon.

Also if you plan on having ice when you get to your room you should ask them to turn on the ice maker before you arrive., there are no ice makers in the hotel because there's one in the fridge in each room.

Overall we had an awesome time!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MasterSargent1206
Jerry C, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us at the Residence Inn Arlington Capital View. I'm sure your feedback will encourage others to give us a try and we thank you for the review. Come back and see us soon.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

I just stayed for 3 nights at the Residence Inn Capital View in Arlington. It was a great value! The folks at the front desk were all very helpful and friendly. Was here during the shutdown so they had a list of all the attractions that were still open available at check-in. They let me check in several hours early and called up to my room after a few minutes to make sure I had everything I needed. The room was very clean and had a great kitchen area. The bed was very comfortable. The hotel has a complimentary hot breakfast every morning that has several choices. They also offer complimentary dinners a couple of evenings during the week if you want to take advantage of that. I didn't use the fitness room or pool but it looked nice and had lots of machines. It is located conveniently close to Reagan airport and they offer an all-day shuttle to and from the airport as well as a shuttle to the Crystal City Metro station and shops every 20 minutes. I would definitely stay here again in the future.

Green Features: The hotel has a recycle bag located in the kitchen area of the room which makes it easy to recycle paper, newspaper, bottles, cans, etc.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank spingirl1
Jerry C, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Capital View, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
We appreciate your business. Thank you for staying with us at the Residence Inn Arlington Capital View Hotel. In today's economy, we feel the Residence Inn has a lot of value included in the room rate. With a complimentary hot breakfast buffet, internet, and a shuttle service to the Metro and DC Reagan National Airport, our guests can enjoy their stay without having to worry about emptying their pockets. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the DC area.