“Great Hotel - Family Loved It!” 5 of 5 stars

Residence Inn Arlington Capital View
Ranked #2 of 49 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
“Great Hotel - Family Loved It!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

Great Hotel - I stayed here for work the last week of June. The hotel is new so everything was very modern, clean, and neat. Upon arrival, the staff was very friendly and helpful. My room was very clean and I had a great view of the Reagan airport (my son loved watching the planes) and river from my eleventh floor window. I chose the one bedroom suite because the bedroom has a door. My family joined me midweek and this made it nice for the kids to sleep in the other room. The breakfast was good, they had at least 4 hot items each day as well as fruits, cereals and bread items. In addition they also have a dinner (not just snacks) Mon-Wed. I only got to take advantage of it one night, but it was very good. It included a main dish, vegetable, salad, and small desert. Drinks were also included. The hotel is in a nice area on the south end of Crystal City. It's two blocks to Harris Teeter (grocery) if you want a snack or want to take advantage of the full kitchen and cook a meal in your room. There is also a larger shopping center about 2 minutes (driving) south on US1 in Alexandria. There is a Target, TJ Max, Staples and many other stores there. I had to go to training in downtown DC all week. The first three days I drove in - it took me about 15-20 minutes to get to Vermont & L street. The last two days I took the metro, which might have taken a little longer, but at least I didn't have to park downtown. The hotel provides a free shuttle to the Crystal City metro stop every 15-20 minutes, so that worked well. Also included is free wired and wireless interent - both worked well during my stay. Hotel garage parking is $22 for overnight, which I found to be typical for most hotels in the area. I am very please with my stay at this hotel and would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank bmwmaw37

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

Had my wedding reception here which was better than expected. Stayed in a suite for two nights and had numerous family stay in general rooms. Spacious , great service, and excellent staff. I couldn't recommend enough.

• Stayed June 2011
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

Great new hotel, but a lot of new issues to work out. Phones did not work, the buffet was not very organized, the pool is way to small for 2 hotels, the hotel needs a lot more signs especially in the parking garage and outside the main door of the hotel lobby. The parking should have been about $10 for the location. The hotel staff was not prompt to hadle request. This will be a great place to stay when the hotel works out all the new issues. The building is impressive.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank dadof4atlanta
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

This is a beauitful hotel. From the minute you entered you are greeted by some awesome team members. Jeremy and Emilia part of the management team just a delight. This hotel is clean great location they shuttle you to the airport and the metro a big plus. Everyone
is so friendly, courteous, and willing to assist. Continue to provide GRACIOUS SERVICE.
Warm Regards,
Angela Boca Raton Florida

Room Tip: Just ask the Front Desk Team
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank angelacaminiti
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

Stayed here for a long weekend with my wife and young son. Hotel is very nice - it's new and has several amenities. Our room was clean and spacious with everything we needed. The hotel is connected to the renessaince hotel and shares the pool and fitness center. The pool was small and indoor only, but we enjoyed it. A huge plus was the free buffet breakfast every morning. It provided enough to get us started with hot food, coffee and waffles.

Despite all the positives, there were a few things I was disappointed with. First, in our room , some of the carpet tacks at the edge of the carpet could but felt if walking barefoot. Unfortunately I forgot to complain to the front desk, so I'll have to call them about it. Not sure if it was just our room or if the contractor they hired to build the rooms out were sloppy. Either way, this was annoying.

The other disappointment was the cost of daily parking ($22). I knew about it going in, but I think it's a little excessive. I understand if it was deeper in the city with less room for a parking lot but this was a remote area that you had to park at. There was also barely any street parking as an alternative. At least there were in and out privileges.

Overall, the nightly rate was good and I was a happy with the location. Wish the parking fee didn't make my stay more expensive but I can live with it.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank dannsing
Milwaukee, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

The purpose of our visit was to go to Arlington National Cemetery - to see the resting place of my father. I can't say enough about the staff as far as friendliness and helpfulness. Since it is only 1 mile from Regan airport the shuttle is a quick trip. The rooms were spacious and it was so nice to have the refrigerator and microwave at hand. It is true the hotel is a bit remote, however we never had to wait longer than 5 minutes and the shuttle takes you to either the nearest metro stop or a stop in Crystal City for restaurants. The shuttle is shared by the Renaissance, but it was not an inconvenience as they are right next door. The buffet breakfast provided is generous and filled with a variety of choices. There is enough staff to keep the places cleaned off as it got crowded at peak times. We ate dinner at the Italian restaurant next door at the Renaissance and it was excellent. I would stay here again if I am in the area.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Between VPS & PNS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2011

Brand new hotel in the south end of Crystal City that shares the block with a Marriott Renaissance. Check-in was smooth, room was new and comfortable. I was on the airport side which also had light rail tracks beside the hotel. I heard the airport and light rail while awake but, did not wake me while sleeping. Complimentary breakfast (7 days)and dinner (Mon-Wed) was more than adequate. Not much for dining in this area of Crystal City. We did eat dinner at the Renaissance due to late check-in on Monday, it was late and they had a bar menu available (go for the pizza). Hotel provides shuttle to DCA and Crystal City Metro station. I would stay here again. Hotel is well appointed and super-friendly staff.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business