“SORRY-IT'S GONE”

Tagolio Pizzeria & Enoteca
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Pizza and Italian Cuisine Restaurant and Wine Bar. Serving the best carefully crafted Coal Fired Pizza and classic Italian Pastas, Dishes, salads & Desserts. Featuring 14 Italian wines by the glass and 60 by the bottle, as well as specialty Italian cocktails.
Reviewed April 22, 2013

No one is more disappointed that Taglio’s closed than I. I have a void every time I want to have Italian food. Oh well, thanks for the time you were here. Arrivederci .

4  Thank LouG3212

Reviewed April 7, 2013

This place closed a few months ago, which is very, very sad. Yummalicious mozzarella, a great lemony roasted beet and arugula salad, with gigantic portions of the entrees. My boyfriend loved the lasagne, and I spent lots of time trying to select the least heavy seafood offering of the day in the hopes of not inhaling it all. The wait staff were great, especially Anne and Jesse, who recognized us every time we came in. It was so nice to have a good, authentic Italian place in the neighborhood.

We arrived a few weeks ago to discover that Tagolio is now an Ethiopian place.....an evolution we weren't completely surprised by since Ethiopian management had taken over about a year ago. I'm hoping Tagolio and Chef Danielle reemerge somewhere nearby soon....

4  Thank NancyDrew76
Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

This place looks like every other Italian place on this block of 23rd street but I was really impressed. We had pizza as an appetizer and I could see by my reaction and everyone at my table that we were wowed! Salad arrived and was fresh and had a light but favorable balsamic vingerette. I had seafood with linguini which was perfectly cooked, others had fish and risotto and gnocchi. We shared a cannoli which I would also recommend but get three if more than one person wants to dive in.

2  Thank MDMOM24
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Pizza was very good, Service was good, atmosphere avg. Pasta dishes were very good. Value was very good for this area.

2  Thank Ptblvet
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I stayed in Crystal city for a week had the chance to eat at different restaurant every day and unfortunately my experience at tagolio was no nearly close as the others reviewers. They seeing to be no prepare for walking patrons and may be only work with reservation, they were no busy at all in fact there was no one yet since was early and made us wait to be seated. Then we order a pizza that was in the menu and the server took the order but 20 min later told us that the pizza was not longer available so we decided to try their lasagna which it was ok and my co- worker had the spaghetti with meat balls just ok too much bread on it. We couldn't even finish the meal and the server didn't bother to ask if all was ok, he just brought the check and said thank you. Unfortunately we will not return since it's a little price and the lack of service