“Needs major overhall”

Mystery Dinner Playhouse - Arlington
More attraction details
Owner description: Audience member solve a comedy murder mystery while enjoying a four course dinner. The dinner is served by a zany cast of suspects who all the while are providing clues to help solve the evening's crime. You guess whodunit!
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We've attended many dinner theaters (in another state). Those never had the acting troop waiting tables. This, and the quality of the play, leads me to believe that this is not an acting troop, but a wait staff required to also entertain. This lacked clues and even the play itself, that matched the plot. Food passable. Staff friendly.

I also feel it incumbent to add that prior to the show, my husband and I purchased drinks at the bar outside the restaurant. The alcohol selection was very poor and the prices rather high. $12 for a beer and cocktail. The bartenders were the same serving alcohol for purchase for the dinner play. The offerings on the bar menu was even more limited, although they did agree to make a Manhattan for a gentleman at our table. I ordered one, and my husband another beer, to be charged $12.54 for the Manhattan (served in a small cocktail glass with lots of ice).

This was a gift, given with wonderful intent and appreciated for the intention; however, this is not a place we'll ever return to.

Incidentally, they also ran about 30 minutes behind scheduled for the advertised times, thus, admitting patrons, beginning the play, and serving dinner.

1  Thank elee_15668

Reviewed July 27, 2012

Such a great idea and lots of fun. Their only downfall is the venue which is in what appears to be a meeting room with tables set up for dinner. Good food, fun atmosphere.

Reviewed June 6, 2012

The entire family laughed throughout the entire show; and we correctly guessed " who dun-nit." My 8 year old is asking to go to more dinner mystery shows now. The food is satisfactory, could have been better for the price.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

They cancelled our tickets just 5 hours before show time. Said they did not have enough patrons! Very poor customer relationms after traveling 300 miles. Be careful!

Reviewed January 14, 2012

It was a few years ago we went to this, so maybe it's upgraded by now, but it's put me off dinner-theater forever. Very mediocre food served hurriedly and then a comedy act where they make fun of the audience and then I can't remember what the play was it was so intolerable.