“Fun way to spend an evening”

Mystery Dinner Playhouse - Arlington
More attraction details
Owner description: Audience member solve a comedy murder mystery while enjoying a four course dinner. The dinner is served by a zany cast of suspects who all the while are providing clues to help solve the evening's crime. You guess whodunit!
Piscataway, New Jersey
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“Fun way to spend an evening”
Reviewed June 6, 2012

The entire family laughed throughout the entire show; and we correctly guessed " who dun-nit." My 8 year old is asking to go to more dinner mystery shows now. The food is satisfactory, could have been better for the price.

Visited May 2012

Bellmore, New York
101 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 129 helpful votes
“Terrible customer relations and no show!!!!!”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

They cancelled our tickets just 5 hours before show time. Said they did not have enough patrons! Very poor customer relationms after traveling 300 miles. Be careful!

Visited March 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
192 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 108 helpful votes
“Avoid wasting your money!”
Reviewed January 14, 2012

It was a few years ago we went to this, so maybe it's upgraded by now, but it's put me off dinner-theater forever. Very mediocre food served hurriedly and then a comedy act where they make fun of the audience and then I can't remember what the play was it was so intolerable.

Crofton, Maryland
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A different kind of fun”
Reviewed November 29, 2011

I thought this sounded different and fun so I made sure to check reviews and thought it was a good choice.

I was cautiously optimistic based on some of the reviews, but we did have a good time and laughed quite a bit. It was fun and different - just as I thought it might be. The food was not 5-star restaurant quality but was better than Applebees.
The soup and salad were good, the salmon was a little salty for me but good, the rice and veggies were tasty and the cheesecake was your standard (its hard to mess up cheesecake). Let's just say I didn't leave hungry! As for the show it wasn't clear if the clues you're receiving are to help you weed out "who done it" or to help you figure it out, or if its referring to a different person each time or not...which made it a little confusing. The actors were pretty good - no Broadway material, but you have to keep the venue in mind. They were mostly funny, and improvised well when needed. The old ladies at our table made it very difficult to hear every once in a while so we missed of the "important" info. At the end I thought the plot was kinda cheesy, but whatever...isn't that the point?!

If you're looking for a different and fun evening out with a significant other or some friends I would recommend this. Remember to park on the street and walk over - the garage was closed for us, but I've heard others say it was expensive.

Visited November 2011
Reston, Virginia
“Fun way to spend a Friday night!”
Reviewed September 24, 2011

As the last minute we decided to try out the mystery dinner and are we glad we did attend! While the setting seemed a bit odd using a closed restuarant, it actually ended up being and ideal setting due to the scene changes. We were sat at rounds of 8 with other couples which was part of the entertainment to me! Always fun getting to know other couples. The event began just after we sat down and the best part is the servers are the actors and the whole play revolves around dinner and the environment. Just a really, really clever way of using the audience! The food and wine were actually quite good. I had assumed it would be bad food, but my salmon was really good and my husband's chicked was as well. Over all it really was a fun way to spend a Friday night!

Visited August 2011