“Friendly staff and good food!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Friendly staff and good food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

The staff is super friendly and helpful. My family goes there fairly often. The restaurant is always quiet, making it an ideal place to eat a peaceful and delicious meal. The authentic Thai food is served fairly quickly. My favorite dish is the basil chicken (I am momentarily forgetting the dish's actual name). My daughters favorite dish is the chicken saute. My family loves getting the mango and sticky rice for dessert. Thai Thai is very affordable and good!

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars

Arlington, Virginia
“One of 2 best Thai Restaurants in DC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Authentic, fresh Thai food. Make sure you ask about specials. I've tried everything on the menu in the past years and it is all excellent.

Visited March 2012
Washington DC
“Best dumplings ever”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

My wife and i got take out and the dumplings were the best I've ever had anywhere. The pad Thai was dry and just average. Also had the Pad King and that was good. Staff was very friendly. I'd go back.

Arlington, VA
“My "Go-To" Thai restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

I have been going to Thai Thai for years, mostly for take out but occasionally for sit down. The food is always good and the staff is remarkable. I used to bring my little guy in when he was three years old - he moved out of state shortly thereafter - the owner still asks about him whenever he sees me. My "little guy" is now 15 and we visit Thai Thai whenever he comes to town. The value is on par for Thai food in Arlington. The only reason I didn't give five stars is that the parking situation can sometimes be dicey in this strip mall.

• Visited October 2011
Washington, DC
“Delicious Thai Food, Low Prices, Great Service, Free Parking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2009

I've tried to think of something negative to say, in order to give a balanced review--but I really can't think of anything. Thai Thai serves deliciousThai food (made and served by real Thai people) with a sincere smile. It's such a refreshingly laid-back, mellow, unpretentious place, where the focus is on the food.

The panang chicken is some of the best around--not watery like some. The pad Thai is also really good. And the crispy catfish is excellent. I also enjoy the satay appetizer (chicken or beef). The latter comes with little segments of toast; isn't that charming?

I have eaten at many of the best Thai places in the DC region, and this is the equal of any of them and the better of many. In fact, this is now the only Thai place I go to, despite the fact that I live with two miles of two other pretty good ones (one of which made the Zagat guide).

The prices are still super low. Believe it or not, they actually just went up by about a buck--which was way overdue; I don't know how they were making any money before. Most dishes are now about $9 for dinner. I think the most expensive thing (the catfish?) is maybe $12. Unless you ask, they won't make your food overly spicy.

The exterior of the shopping center is a little drab, but don't let that deter you. The interior of the restaurant is clean and welcoming. And parking right out front is free. They also have a nice bar with sports on the TV most of the time. (But it's not loud at all.)

If you're trying to find Thai Thai, it's right across from Linda's Cafe. Heading west on Lee Highway, it's just before George Mason, on the north side of the street.

They also do takeout and delivery.