“Service was horrible!”

Cuisines: American, German
Washington, DC
“Service was horrible!”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Yes, the half-priced burger on Tuesday was good. No, the Old Bay encrusted fish in Fish and Chips war too encrusted. Yes, the fries, onion rings, and sweet potato fries were good, BUT nothing can repair the horrible service by the waitress. She was less that friendly at the beginning. They used to be dog friendly. We sat outside with our dog. Asked if they had a plate to feed her the purchased burger. The waitress said no, they didn't have anything. I asked for a styrofoam container to use. She didn't bring it. I had to flag her down to ask for it again. We never saw her again after the food came. We waited quite a while to see if she would come outside again. She didn't. I needed more iced tea. I had to get up, go inside, couldn't find her, so I asked the Bartender for more tea. He came out and brought me more tea and saw that my mother also needed water. He brought that out too. I guess he couldn't find our waitress either. We asked for the bill. The waitress finally came out with the bill and was real sweet. I guess she thought that might help her tip--not!

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank CookWashingtonDC

Washington, DC
“Dog-loving place”
Reviewed April 30, 2012

They try to use organic and even cure their own meats. We mainly go because they are dog-freindly. It has a nice but, small seating area outside. They also have specials like 1/2 priced mimosa on Sundays--always nice.

Visited April 2012
Vienna, Virginia
“Pricey sportsbar”
Reviewed April 18, 2012

Ballpark prices on draft beer. A quick bite out turned into an $80 tab for 3 people. The food was mediocre. Will not return.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank hatmark
Arlington, Virginia
“Friendly service, average food”
Reviewed April 12, 2012

We ate outside and the service was great. They even brought a dog dish with water for our dog. The food was average and not over-priced. It's a good neighborhood place for a fun lunch.

Visited August 2011
Fairfax Station, VA
“Hidden pub/tavern/restaurant off Glebe Road...Maybe ladies shouldn't sit at the bar.”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

A lady friend recommended this restaurant. She frequents the restaurant a lot.

It was quite noisy the night we went. There are numerous wide screen tvs around and no place to sit if you just want to talk and catch up. The food was pretty good. My friend had some salad with chicken. She could not finish it. The seafood soup was delicious. The onion rings were better than most places. The prices were reasonable, although we did not have any specials. It's somewhat hidden and probably frequented mostly by locals.

I'd visit again although my friend recommended that I never sit at the bar as she pointed out one particular waitress who she said is rude to women customers. She said every time she sits at the bar with a lady friend, that the waitress provides poor service. Maybe the men tip her better, who knows. I'd still visit, but would likely not eat at the bar.

• Visited July 2011