“Mediocre”

Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 23rd Street
Transit: We are located above the Crystal City Metro Station (Blue Line)
Independence, Missouri
“Mediocre”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We met friends here for dinner. I thought the whole experience was mediocre - from the food to the service. We won't return.

Visited April 2013

Denver, Colorado
“Forgetable food and service”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

From the outside, it appears that it should be a trendy restaurant, but looks are deceiving. The food was average, at best, and the service was indifferent. I see no reason to come back.

• Visited June 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Overall Good Experience”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

A friend and I had dinner here recently and generally a good experience. The Martini was well executed and they have good beer and wine selections. The bread and seasoned olive oil was very tasty indeed. We had the beet salad and tossed salad and both were very well constructed and satifying. We had the lasagna and chicken parmesan and both were of good quality. The service was good and no complaints here.

The only negative was the noise level. The room is very tall so the typical customer conversations are amplified into a cacophony. Even the server was put off by the noise level.

When staying in Crystal City, I will return to this restaurant.

• Visited May 2013
Saint John, Indiana
“Too Much Money for too Little Food and Service”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

In a nutshell, we found the service very spotty, the prices too high, and the wait for our food too long. Additionally, the portions were small. How about taste? Well, it was OK, but not really worth the price. Probably the most positive aspect was presentation. The Food Network would probably grade them highly on that, but given the total picture, that doesn't carry the day. What about atmosphere? The establishment was clean and pleasant. In summary, granted, it was a Friday night and also the night of a Crystal City 5K Run, but that's where management comes in. The restaurant, if well run, plans for this type of scenario. Who knows if my readers will ever find themselves in Crystal City on a Friday night in the spring? Who knows if my readers care about the value of what they get versus what they pay? Well, if they do, avoid this restaurant.

• Visited April 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Almost comical”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

This restaurant is located in a decent location and at first glance, it appears to be a very nice place to eat. Bottom line - my bartender was rude (he clearly needs to retire), the restrooms were filthy, and the food was below average. One of the waiters was actually hitting on female customers at the bar, the expeditor who brought my food had her finger in my steak tartar, and when I asked the bartender about their beer selection, he had no idea what to recommend and was completely put off by the fact that I even asked (he spent more time watching TV than he did serving drinks and customers). I travel about 30% of the time and eat in more restaurants than most people - I can honestly say this is one of the most poorly managed restaurants I have ever been to. I have never given a restaurant such a poor review online.

• Visited April 2013