“Perfect new hotel for Arlington/ DC area stay”

Residence Inn Arlington Courthouse
Ranked #17 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed September 19, 2010

I agree with foxtraveler on overall positive review of the hotel. Just wanted to add that within 5-10 minutes there is a huge shopping area of upscale stores and specialtiy restaurants (Cheesecake Factory, Crate and Barrell, Pottery Barn, The Container store, Orvis, Barnes and Noble to name a few). It's called the MarketCommon Clarendon (Clarendon is the name of the main street in this area). Our son recently moved to this area and this will be our hotel of choice for all visits. Also, we did have a good weekend rate of $127 so the price is right as well!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 26, 2010

Area: Stayed a week for business in/around DC. Hotel location makes it a perfect stay -- 3 minutes from Courhouse Metro entrance and there are many great restaurants/bars within 5/7 minute walk with much to choose from. There is even a Whole Foods within 10-min walk if you are picking up things for the room.

Hotel: Rooms are very nice and plenty of room to move around in; beds are very comfortable and flat panel TV in room; has kitchen (refrigerator, sink, 2-burner electric cook top) to use if you want to stock up. Breakfast is included and has a good mix of items to choose from. Some evenings (never quite got the time/date down) there is a Manager's Reception with food and soft drinks...There is a little pantry to buy things but I strongly recommend a 5-minute walk to CVS Pharmacy for more selection and better prices. Bathroom is nice -- your standard, nothing fancy.

Staff -- great staff and will go out of their way to assist. Very smart in the area and places to go....also very polite and courteous. Arrived early morning and they found a room I could check into and get ready for meetings later that day.

Other -- has laundry facility that comes in handy. Very small gym (4/5 aerobic and dumbells) so don't exxpect much. They do have a pool (did not use) but seemed nice. Only issue I had was to one day run down the maid because they did not clean my room (forgot)....challenge was they do not speak English very good and my Spanish was rusty....but nce I showed her the issue she quickly fixed up the room. Complimentary WiFI was very nice and high-spped INternet in your room for free....a deal!

Bottom Line: Will definetely stay here again...the hotel is very nice, service great and the location to places to eat/drink are fantastic. And location to Metro make this a Top Choice to select when in DC.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank FoxTravelers
Reviewed August 16, 2010

Nice new and typically Residence Inn style - meaning no in hotel restaurant and kitchenettes in every room, but the rooms are still quite small. Luckily right on the Arlington Courthouse complex with several restaurants just a few paces from the back door, including very good Sushi/Japanese (real Japanese too, a rarity these days), Thai, a Starbucks and what looks to be an upscale pizza place soon to right next door.

Parking is essentially unavailable except in the hotel's underground parking garage for an extra $14.70/day (surprise!), but it is safe and convenient. Making an already expensive hotel stealthily more expensive. Courthouse metro stop is a block away.

The morning breakfast bar is a zoo. Too small to accommodate the number guests, rife with unattended kids, short hours. While they offer things like buffet hot scrambled eggs and sausage, it was always cold when I got them. Go figure. Coffee much better than the in-room coffee.

The bed is extraordinarily comfortable. I think it must be a memory foam style but it was great.

Both wired and wireless internet is very fast.

Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank redeye4242
Reviewed July 28, 2010

My husband and I stayed there for two nights while visiting family. It was new, clean and had a very comfortable bed. I have a bad back, so the slightly firm bed was fabulous. Nice work out room and an overall great stay for the price!

Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2010

On a recent family trip to Washington D.C. we decided to stay in Arlington. This hotel is relatively new - the room (a one-bedroom suite) was superb. It was impressive in all respects: decor was trendy, amenities were excellent. It's close to a subway/metro stop, and took about 15 minutes to travel to the heart of D.C. The nice thing about staying here is that, not only is it cheaper than the downtown hotels, but it's in the middle of a vibrant community with great restaurants. There's a Whole Foods within walking distance that works well, since the room has a full refrigerator, stove-top, etc. Overall we were very pleased with this Residence Inn.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2010

I can only add to what other reviewers have said, that staying at this Residence Inn met my expectations in every way possible. The room was immaculate and the manager went out of his way to reserve the second floor room that I requested beforehand. The staff was welcoming and housekeeping was great. We had the opportunity to use the kitchen to cook some meals and had everything that we needed. The breakfasts were amazing and had some of the best variety that I have seen at a Residence Inn. We had the free evening meal one night that was more than adequate and had something that all of us could enjoy.

As other reivews have stated, the Metro is nearby and easy to use. That being said, it was extremely crowded during rush hours. Since I had a conference to attend most days, we chose to use a recommended transportation service. Our driver Hossen, was reliable and the towncar he drove was very clean and air conditioned. His rates were very reasonable for the service offered (we needed to drive into Washington, each day) and he was very polite and helpful. A regular cab ride one day, was a vastly different experience and more costly, so it made us appreciate our rides with Hossen even more.

The hotel had a great pool with a lifeguard but it did get crowded so we tried to bring our sons as early as it opened, 5 PM on the weekdays and earlier on the week-ends. We also walked to a nearby Cheescake Factory several times (a ten minute walk) and there was also a Bertucci's, movie theater and upscale stores nearby. We actually even picked up a laudry basket at the Container Store to use for our trips to the hotel laundry! (which is next to the pool and the exercise room , so very convenient).

As I stated, this hotel was just the best experience and I would not hesitate to recommend it to others!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank Carol G
Reviewed July 23, 2010

I took two children (ages 10 and 6) to DC and chose this hotel based on reviews from Tripadvisor. We stayed for 6 nights and loved this hotel!!! As a single mother, being in a safe area was very important to me. This is in a great area and we felt very safe as we walked to several places in the area. A quick walk out the back door and through the courtyard takes you right to the Metrorail. We found this very easy to use and convenient to get back and forth to our sightseeing destinations. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful when I had questions about the area. Within walking distance from the hotel: Whole Foods, Starbucks, Five Guys Burgers & Fries, CVS, Walgreens, Wendy's, a movie theater, a post office, several other shops and restaurants. We got a few groceries and snacks from Whole Foods just to have on hand for those late night cravings. The breakfast was very good and offered variety as previous reviews have stated. I did do laundry our last day there and the laundry facilities were nice and clean....only cost $1/load to wash and the smae amount to dry. I highly recommend the Italian restaurant that's located in the courtyard area behind the hotel. I'm sorry, the name escapes me right now. We used the free WiFi daily and never had any problems. I went down to the business center and used their computers to print my boarding passes out the night before our departure. I have absolutely no complaints whatsoever and will definitely stay here on any future trips to DC!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business