“Arlington's hidden gem” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 50 Hotels in Arlington
San Diego, California
“Arlington's hidden gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

My check in was smooth, front desk staff were pleasant, accommodating and professional. My room was spotless and feels comfortable. I am allergic to fungi,so I checked the bathroom first as my basis to cleanliness, to my surprise, the tiles were very clean, no fungi found!

The free daily breakfast was great and the number of restaurants around the area and the AMC behind the hotel are additional perks to love this hotel. Whole foods and CVS are walking distance too.

There is a gym, laundry room, and a swimming pool. You could ask the front desk to buy groceries without a service charge, grocery costs are billed directly to your room.

For a long time I thought I was stuck in Oakwood due to the convenience of the shuttle service only, yes, the shuttle only, but the Residence Inn Arlington is very close to the metro station, one stop to Rosslyn. Thanks to my friend who shared her experience with this hotel.

Kudos to Janelle, she gave the first impression of the hotel! I will surely come back here and pass the words to my colleagues.

Room Tip: Any room is good
Green Features: Reminders in the room that they are green but they give the option to the customers on what they want to choose. Unlike other hotel, they are green and the guests do not have any choice but use the dirty towels until they change it.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Delray Beach, FL, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We stayed here for a week in Unit 801, a 1BR suite, in July, 2014. It is a great location on a plaza connecting to the Courthouse Metro station. Lots of restaurants and nightlife and grocery stores in a walkable radius. I asked for a high unit and the front desk staff complied with my request and gave us a 1BR suite on the 8th floor on a corner overlooking Clarendon Ave. Noise level was fine, but probably would have been quieter to be on the inner plaza side, the higher room numbers. My only complaint was the screwy airconditioning system, which really affected my comfort. Basically, you could not use the thermostat to set the a/c only--it is a combined heat/cool system. So, it would blast the cold air until the temp dropped below the temp on the thermostat, and then, instead of just turning off the cool air, it would kick on the heater! In the middle of the summer! We tried to set the thermostat a little higher, but would find that the heat kicked on. We often just turned off the hvac and opened the window, which only opens 2 inches. To make matters worse, the vents blast the air directly onto your face while you sleep in bed, or right on you while you sit on the couch in the sitting area. I got a head cold while staying here, and I think it was the a/c system.

Room Tip: Rooms on the interior side (away from Clarendon Ave) are quieter -- they have the higher room number...
Green Features: Frankly, not a big concern of mine when choosing a hotel room
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
David O, General Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Courthouse, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
Jill S,
Thank you for your positive comments on the location of the hotel and the service provided by our staff.
I sincerely apologize that you had problems with the air conditioning unit in your room. The unit in your room was not functioning correctly. If it had been, once you initially set the thermostat to cool, the heat would have never come on.
I am confident that had this issue been brought to my attention, we would have been able to correct the problem in your room. If not we would have moved you to a room where the air conditioning was working correctly. We also could have adjusted the vents in your room, if we had known that they were directed in a way that was making you uncomfortable.
We strive to insure that our guests enjoy a comfortable, trouble free stay while at our hotel and I apologize again that we failed to provide that experience for you.
If you would give me a call at 703-312-2101, I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your stay with us.
David Ofiesh
Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

My experience with this Residence Inn is a very positive one. Most notably, the hotel's general manager was very professional and accommodating in handling a special request of mine. Besides the good management, the hotel was very comfortable and I was pleasantly surprised by how big the rooms were (really, they more like suites). We also really enjoyed the complimentary breakfast, which was not your typical "continental breakfast" comprised of a few donuts and cereal. In fact, there is a full buffet-type island area with a lot of good food including (make-your-own waffles station). I had only stayed one night for a wedding but would definitely come back when I am visiting the area.

Room Tip: Stick with a standard room, it is very spacious with a full kitchen.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

I spent a long weekend at this hotel with my kids. A perfect location, very clean rooms, welcoming staff. Breakfast was typical of Residence Inn. Proximity to restaurants, whole foods, metro. Pool was clean and had a lifeguard.

• Stayed June 2014
Arlington, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is great. The service is top notch. It is a quick walk to the courthouse metro station and there are no shortage of restaurants and the cvs drugstore are within walking distance. The free breakfasts, and dinners three times a week are great although the dinners are hit or miss for my liking. The free wifi is reliable and easy to use.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Jared S
Cleveland, Ohio, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

The most delicious, varied complimentary breakfast buffet I have encountered at any hotel, ever. Waffles, pancakes, eggs, sausage, fruit, yogurt, bagels, oatmeal, cereal...it was unbelievable.

Steps to the metro (orange line). Free wi-fi was nice. Hotel room was good (standard). I still can't get over that breakfast.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank montrealcanuck123
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

I had a wonderful stay. Immaculate room (even kitchen was not sticky) huge fridge for small groceries. Love the fresh warm cookies given upon checkin. "Full breakfast" served with everything you can think of and varies slightly from day to day- from yogurt to fruit to eggs, ham sausage, danishes, bagels, toast custom waffles with fruit toppings too-Something to suit everyone's taste. It's in a great quiet and safe neighborhood and DC attractions are a short train ride away. Train station about 2 short blocks away. I went for a business trip but I'm bringing my family back!

• Stayed June 2014