“Comfortable Hotel with a Great Location”

Residence Inn Arlington Courthouse
Ranked #18 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed February 3, 2014

The hotel is in a great location for finding food and drink establishments and is very near the Courthouse Metro stop. Additionally, it is within walking distance to Whole Foods. It is more of a business hotel as opposed to a family vacation spot. As far as amenities and service go, a Residence Inn is a Residence Inn, so location becomes its selling point.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank IBSTours
RIArlCourthouse, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Arlington Courthouse, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Thank you for your review,we are glad you were able to take advantage of our location near the metro and our many restaurant options in the area. Your review seems very positive,but it seems to not reflect in your star rating. Please let us know any feedback that you may be able to give for us to achieve 5 stars in the future. We appreciate your business and thank you for staying with us.

Jeffrey Kimmey
Front Office Manager

Reviewed January 25, 2014

Residence Inn has suites available that are spacious and comfortable - with a fully equipped kitchen, separate bedroom, and bath adjoining bedroom. The rates include breakfast, plus an adequate buffet dinner on three week-days. In addition, a pool and exercise room are available.

However, what sets this property apart is the really nice -and very helpful- staff. The front desk helped with a quietly located room, information on room-service dining, directions to locations in Arlington, and calls for taxis throughout the stay.

If doing business in the Arlington-area, this is a comfortable place to stay - and a good value. Nice mix of clientele too, business travelers as well as families - and everyone feels welcome.

2  Thank triptraveller
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I recently stayed at the Residence Inn at Arlginton Courthouse for three weeks on a business trip. I absolutely loved the experience. The staff was so gracious each and every time I misplaced my key. The rooom was in great condition and the cleaning staff did a fantastic job each and every day. The hotel is located just steps from the metro, so from there you can get anywhere in town and it is in a really nice part of Alrington.

The food that they serve, if you can call it that, is horrendous. Truely dreadful. But that is a common theme at almost every Residence Inn I have stayed at. Would it kill anyone to put a little money into the food? I can't cook and I would need to really try to make dinner that bad. If cancer had a taste it would resemble what they are pawning off as food to their guests. So don't book this place thinking you are going to really enjoy the free dinner, because trust me, you aren't.

However, if you are looking for a good value, in a nice part of town, close to all kinds of excellent places to eat, then I recommend Residence Inn Arlington Courthouse.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Once a year I am in DC for about five or six nights. This RI is my favorite place because of its location to the metro (about 200 yards from the Metro Courthouse station elevator or 400 years to the main station entrance).

The last time I was here I wasn't as impressed with the food service. You get a free breakfast and from Monday thru Wednesday a free supper. The last time I was here, it was OK, but not great.

I can report that I was there this past week (12-17 Jan) and the food service was fantastic. Each breakfast was excellent and the supper was excellent too. You can really stretch your dollars staying at a RI and when the food is a good as this place, you really come away with the feeling you got exception value.

The hotel rooms are top notch too. Great bedding and very comfortable.

My one complaint is that the flat screen TVs are a little small. They look to be 32 inch models and with only one in the room to share between the living room section and the bedroom I think having a larger tv would have been more effective.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms!
2  Thank daf62757
Reviewed January 17, 2014

I've stayed here before and as always, this place was great. It's a great location, right by the metro and walking distance to bars, stores and restaurants - and a new movie theatre. It has very friendly service, and includes breakfast. It's very convenient to have a kitchen and sitting area in the rooms, comfy beds, and free wifi (which still seems rare and I don't understand why).The gym is open 24/7. Overall, another great experience.

Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

I visited this hotel with two children, while my husband was doing business in NoVa. There are many great things to say about this hotel: 1) It is walking distance to everything (metro, restaurants, pharmacy, etc), 2) It has a delicious continental breakfast and complimentary dinner (perfect for little children, if you don't want to venture out), 3) a pool area & exercise room -- both are solidly good. But, by far, my favorite aspect of this hotel is...the staff. From the front desk, to housekeeping, to kitchen, to maintenance --everyone was incredibly kind, gracious, helpful, professional, and... happy. I would visit this hotel 100 times, just for the friendly staff. (And, b/c we are in Arlington a lot, we will be returning.) Wow, you guys really ROCK.

Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I chose this hotel based on the reviews on Tripadvisor for a recent two night trip to D.C. We booked directly through the hotel and opted to prepay to save some $$. My husband and I were not disappointed with our choice. The hotel felt very secure (use of room key in elevator), it was clean, and the room was quiet. The room was spacious with lots of nice amenities and the bed was very comfy. Breakfast buffet was nice with a lot of choices to keep us filled up till lunch.
Restaurants and shopping were within walking distance...lots in the Clarendon area!!!! This hotel is a very short walk away from a Metro station, maybe a three minute walk! The orange line of the Metro is about a ten/fifteen minute ride into the city!
I think I have found a new hotel for D.C. trips!!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple