“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 49 Hotels in Arlington
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights with our 3 young children. The is the first place that I've stayed at in which there was nothing out of sorts. Staff, cleanliness, location, room, and food were perfect. The location had everything at our footsteps: metro, starbucks, good restaurants, movie theater, and even a farmers market on Saturday mornings. The complimentary breakfast had plenty of both hot and cold items. I wish we would've been there during the week to try dinner.

1 Thank nicemom3

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Carmichael, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed for five nights and enjoyed the spacious suite. There were three of us and we had a two queen beds in a bedroom. The kitchen had a full size stove and refrigerator, with dishes, pots and pans. We especially like the breakfasts each morning and the light dinners in the evening. It was very clean, quiet and close to a metro station. Would defiantly stay there again.

1 Thank shirleyfoemmel
Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed here with our 2 teenage boys. The rooms are very nicely furnished and the beds are incredibly comfortable. The suite we stayed in, 2 bedroom suite, was very clean and all areas of the hotel are kept clean. There is a free breakfast and they offer everything. Whether you want eggs and ham, or just fruit and yogurt, you will find what you want. And the food was delicious. We liked the location also. The metro is a 2 minute walk at most. The hotel is in a plaza that has some great restaurants. We also like the movie theatre downstairs. It is a pedestrian friendly area and seemed safe to us. The staff is definitely the nicest and most professional staff we have ever experienced.

1 Thank weekendtvlrBB
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

this Residence Inn rarely disappoints. The rooms are clean and tidy and the staff is amazingly friendly and eager - at all hours - to serve. What a refreshing attitude! That said, the front desk and management staff are not paying as much attention to where they are placing their guests within the hotel, and I do wish they would return to that. Previously when I stayed there, all the long term government and trial staff bookings (those in for work or training) tended to be on same floors. This time, my sleep was repeatedly interrupted by the vacationers children in the room next door, who played until 2am. Worse yet, the entire wedding party placed on my floor one week. Nonetheless, I'm certain I will be returning, as I love the hotel, the staff, and the area!

Room Tip: higher floor, center of the building, overlooking the courtyard is my personal favorite. I love loo...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Grammy L
VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I stayed here overnight with my family (myself, husband and 3 kids aged 5, 4, 1). We found the location excellent, very close to everything you could need or want. The room is large with a nice kitchen area, appointed like a studio suite. There was a king sized bed and then a pull out sofa. My husband and I shared the king bed, two small boys on the sofa bed and a portable crib for the 1 year old. I requested a portable crib when I made the reservation but they had forgotten it when I got to the room. Called the desk, asked for it and 4 pillows (for the kids on sofa bed plus the child in the crib) plus sheets for the crib. A gentleman came up with only 2 pillows and a blanket. I then remembered to check the closet for the sheets and there were some there. Parking was $15. I was not thrilled about that, but I guess it is standard for the area. Beware if you have a visitor, my friend came for an hour and they charged my room another $15 for her because she parked in the lot. Breakfast was better than average for a hotel of this kind with plenty of hot and cold choices. Overall, I would definitely stay here again if I was in the area.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

The hotel is in a great location - very close to the Metro stop, Whole Foods, lots of fantastic restaurants and several stores like Crate and Barrel, Pottery Barn etc.
The rooms are nicely appointed. Nothing fancy (it is a Residence Inn after all) but very comfortable. We were given a room on the 2nd floor even though we requested a high floor. There was a restaurant located beneath us but the noise wasn't bothersome.
We will stay here again on future trips to the DC area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
RIArlCourthouse, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Arlington Courthouse, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you for your comments about your stay with us this month. I'm glad you enjoyed the neighborhood surrounding the hotel. We are fortunate to be within walking distance of many shopping and dining options. I can understand your disappointment about a request for a higher floor. We do our best to accommodate all guests request, but unfortunately sometimes it's not possible depending on the availability in the hotel. I apologize for any inconvenience. I would like to hear more about your experience with us. Please feel free to contact me directly at 703-312-2104. We appreciate your feedback and hope to hear from you soon.
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

This is by no mean much better than any Marriott hotels in the region. I picked this particular location because it is very close to the metro and they accepted government rate. Oh and of course, they offered daily hot breakfast, and FREE dinners three nights a week.

The room is nice and clean but the air condition doesn't work properly. When we called the front desk at 10pm, she immediately offered to move me to another room, and keeping all my stuff in the current one until the AC can be looked at the next morning. She had me at 'hello.'

The breakfast is okay, they have good options: fresh fruits, waffles, oatmeal and different hot items each day. We only attended one dinner, which was also okay. They offered salad and hot items with potatoes or rice.

The only negative comment I have is the PARKING, they charge $15 per night - they could have earned another star with FREE parking. You can park on the street for free after 6pm until the next morning, 8am. We stayed seven nights, and worth every pennies.

Room Tip: We were in 914, next to the elevator, but it was quiet. Great view of the courtyard.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
RIArlCourthouse, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Arlington Courthouse, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay. I'm sorry to hear about your experience with the air conditioning. We are glad the front office staff provided a quick temporary solution. We can also understand your concern about the cost of parking. The hotel tries to provide a competitve parking fee with other hotels in the nearby area. We hope you will come and be our guests again soon.