WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #7 of 50 Hotels in Arlington
USA
“Very pleasant surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

I never expected to be giving a Residence Inn a 5-circle rating, but this one certainly deserves it. All other Residence Inns I have stayed in have been mostly (if not all) a little tired looking, and pretty solidly in the 3-circle category at best. This one breaks that mold entirely.

My room (a studio) looked almost brand new, was immaculately clean, and very well-furnished. The kitchen looked great too, and had everything necessary for some light meal preparation. They will even pick up groceries for you, which is a nice service (though I did not use it).

The bathroom facilities are also immaculately clean, great water pressure in the shower, and I like having the sink separate from the toilet/shower area. One of my other favorite features was the safe in the closet. It is narrow but tall, and easily fit my laptop, which I appreciated. The bed was also comfortable, with plenty of outlets around.

Breakfast downstairs was also very well done. They have a large seating area, which makes it possible to sit near the TV if you want to hear the morning news, or far enough away that it doesn't bother you if you want a quiet meal. There is a selection of hot items (breakfast sandwiches, eggs, etc.), plus cereal, oatmeal, fruit, yogurt, etc. They also have a waffle maker, and someone there to make them for you and bring them to you. All employees were very nice and helpful.

And finally, the location is great. Steps from the Courthouse Metro stop, and a very short walk to great restaurants and shopping (including the Apple Store). Prices are steep because of that great location, but this hotel is worth the price. I will definitely stay here again when in the area!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank UsaTravelinfool
RIArlCourthouse, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Arlington Courthouse, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thanks so much for your comments about your recent stay. We are glad you thought the hotel was worthy of a 5 circle rating. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed being our guest and we hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Lexington, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Long holiday weekend, so likely paid premium price. Parking pricey but convenient and worth it. Had 2-bedroom, 2-bath suite. Rooms not huge, but perfectly adequate. Clean. Nicely laid out and appointed, including decorations on the walls. Full cooking facilities, but we did not really use them. Made no requests of staff, but they seemed pleasant enough on check-in and check-out. Good variety of routine food at breakfast, but get there early to avoid the "no place to sit" rush. The "supper" provided on some days is not fancy, but provides some sustenance if you don't take advantage of the abundance of widely varied restaurants within walking distance. Overall, a very good experience. Will stay there again when visiting family who live in that area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you come back and see us the next time you are in the area visiting family.
Virginia Beach, VA, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

Really enjoyed our stay here. My husband was on business and I played the tourist. He travels to DC frequently and it's now his place to stay. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom had good facilities. The sitting area had a recliner w/ottoman and a sofa (this could be more comfortable - one end too low to sit comfortably). There was a nice kitchen - fridge, microwave, real glass wine glasses and china coffee mugs (no styrofoam stuff). Included a full breakfast and food on Monday - Wednesday evenings (we didn't eat there in the evening). Really close to the Metro (a plus for me).Within government per diem ( a plus for my husband).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RIArlCourthouse, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Arlington Courthouse, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay. I'm glad you were able to accompany your husband on his trip and had a chance to enjoy the hotel and the area. We hope you will join
your husband again on his next trip to Northern Virginia and we see you as our guests again soon.
Marion, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for the Cowboys/ Redskins game this past weekend... Oh, what a clean hotel!! The rooms are in good conditions with all the comfort one would need, especially like the outlets on the bedpost. Breakfast is great!! Would stay again!!

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank nitah1
RIArlCourthouse, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Arlington Courthouse, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you for your feedback about your stay while you were in town for the game. I will share your feedback with the housekeeping team. They take a lot of pride in keeping the hotel clean everyday. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed breakfast as well. We hope to have you back as our guest again soon!
Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

NIce accomodation but total lack of service from disinterested front desk person, though no one else was waiting. Tried to set the heat but it stays at 70. FIgured out later should have opened a window. Food at free breakfast plentiful but tasteless. Pancakes were gruesomely raw.

Room Tip: Ask for quiet room. Agent immediatley crossed out original room and gave me another one.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank informedtripper
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay last weekend. I can understand your frustration about your experience. I would like to hear more about your expereience with the heat in the room and further details about your experience at breakfast. Please feel free to contact me directly at 703-312-2104. I will look forward to heairng from you.
Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

Service and decor of the hotel was awesome. I stayed here a week for work at the end of Novemeber 2012. The staff was friendly and helpful. I love the decor of the rooms and it is very clean. Free breakfast every morning and free dinner monday to wednesday. Food is not bad either. Love the security of the place because only guest with key cards can access hotel room floors. It is very convenient too with so many local restaurants within walking distance. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. I had a choice of the Hilton Garden Inn or this place when I was booking and many coworkers recommend this place over the Hilton Gardens Inn due to the free breakfast and dinner. And I have to agree with them because it's a great value for the money. Only minor downside is that I drove to the hotel and when I was looking for it, I missed it twice before finally spotting it. I got lost walking one day getting food and asked many locals and they did not know where the hotel was. It is a little hidden.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank A C
RIArlCourthouse, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Arlington Courthouse, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay. I'm glad you enjoyed all of the amenities, but I am sorry to hear that if was challenging finding the hotel. I would love the opportunity to find out more about your experience traveling to the hotel. My direct line at the hotel is 703-312-2104. We hope you will come back and be our guest again soon.
Woodbridge, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

This is the only place we will ever stay when we visit DC! The Metro is a block away, they serve a free breakfast of everything you could think of. They also have dinners three nights a week. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are immaculate. We asked the front desk have a taxi pick us up one morning at 9:15 and they were there right on time. They also have a gym. Several terrific restaurants within a half a block. There is also a Whole Foods two blocks away which is handy because there is a fully equipped kitchen in the suite with a full size fridge! The only recommendation I would make is to bring saline nasal spray in the winter months since the air tends to get very dry.

Room Tip: Rooms that face the main street can be noisy in the summer months and the garbage trucks start rolli...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RIArlCourthouse, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Arlington Courthouse, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for your feedback about your second stay at the hotel. I'm glad you are enjoying the amenities such as breakfast. We are fortunate to be within walking distance of many dining options as well as Whole Foods. We hope to see you on your third visit very soon!