“Clean and quiet” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 49 Hotels in Arlington
Brisbane, Australia
“Clean and quiet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

Clean, new and quiet. Breakfast was ok, great location. Free wifi, the way it should be. Only down side to the hotel was the lazy girl checking us in on our arrival. Did not set a good first impression for us. Blaming the guest when she fails to complete all the check in process is not the best way to treat folks on arrival.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
RIArlCourthouse, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Arlington Courthouse, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay. I am dissapointed to hear we could have made a better first impression upon check-in. I would like to hear more about what happened so we can use this experience to improve for next time. My direct line at the hotel is 703-312-2104. I will look forward to hearing from you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Allentown, Pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for a long weekend to tour DC, and this hotel was perfect. Our room was spacious, clean, quiet and very comfortable. We slept great every night. The Metro is nearby, and the area between the Metro and the Hotel is decent, with a few good restaurants and a convenient CVS. We enjoy walking, so we actually walked to the Marine Corps Memorial and Arlington Cemetery. This was quite a walk (maybe 4-5 miles round trip) so it wouldn't be for everyone. But you could always take the Metro to get closer. I was concerned about the parking from reading a few negative reviews, but we had no issues. There are other parking garages nearby, so I didn't think it would be that huge of an issue even if the garage was full. We only took the car out one night (a very enjoyable evening to the Village at Shirlington, which is not on the Metro) but otherwise we rode the Metro everywhere we wanted to go.

We found the breakfast to be better than average - a good variety of options including scrambled eggs, pancakes, waffles, bagels, various breakfast meats, with a few things changed up each day. The staff was great, and we saved hundreds of dollars off what we would have spent staying in D.C.

The hotel feels like it's designed primarily for business travelers. We met some people who were staying at the hotel for weeks or even months for long-term business assignments. But even so, the hotel works great for anyone. I wouldn't hesitate to return with the kids - in fact we are planning to do so.

The only potential negative I could find is this... if you stay in Rosslyn, you have access to both the blue and orange Metro lines. So you can ride the blue toward the Pentagon and Arlington Cemetery (at Courthouse you'd have to ride the orange to Rosslyn and change trains). On the way home from DC, you could catch the blue or orange to get home to Rosslyn but at Courthouse you'll have to wait for the orange. But while we noted these facts, they didn't really affect us negatively. The Metro is so convenient... so you might have wait another 5 minutes for orange - no big deal. Right now it looks like there's a lot of construction at Rossyln so maybe Courthouse was a smarter move anyway.

In any event, you really can't go wrong with this hotel. We've stayed in lots of places, and this hotel ranks up there with the best.

Room Tip: The 10th floor was very quiet - even close to the elevators.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank pax_65
RIArlCourthouse, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Arlington Courthouse, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you for your comments about your stay with us this week. I'm glad you were able to enjoy some of the restaurants in the neighborhood. We are fortunate to be just a few steps away from the Courthouse Metro stop. I'm glad you were able to navigate around via car and on foot. You were adventurous walking to the memorial, but sounds like fun! Yes, the metro would be a good option for those not as adventuresome. We hope you and your family come back and stay with us again soon!
boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I have to question management here. This hotel is very well situated, close to Metro courthouse stop and many good eating and sightseeing places. But something here is always amiss. This time, the fire alarm went off at 3:30AM - evacuate the building, etc. Quite the headache. But hey things happen, right? Well, it went off again at 5:15AM. No excuse for a double. have to wonder how many other times it has gone off.

The rooms are nice, large for DC area and newer. Elevators OK, a little slow with only two to service 10 floors. houskeeping no issues. You can thank the state of VA for no beer or wine at the managers recerption, but breakfast and dinners are routinely very good. Also, there is a lifeguard at all times in the pool, which is great for some, sort of wierd if you can stand up and arent used to direct supervision in 4 feet of water.

Gym is small, a couple machines and some dumbell free weights. TVs on machines dont work reliably but that may have been a temporary issue. Desk staff is OK, better than in the past. overall an adequate stay, but expect the unexpected.

Room Tip: Top floor away from the street are quietest, but you will have to wait for the elevator longer. Sta...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank moparmaniac
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay. I can understand your frustration about the fire alarm going off. I have had to deal with this situation myself while traveling. I'm glad you enjoyed your food and beverage offerings. We would like the opportunity to discuss your comments further. Please feel free to contact me directly at 703-312-2104. I will look forward to hearing from you soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

This is the best hotel I've stayed in. My company placed me here for two weeks while my boyfriend, dog, and I got relocated to the area for our jobs. The staff has been the most excellent, amazing, helpful staff I've ever dealt with. They are all very helpful and polite. The hotel serves free hot breakfast every morning from 6-9:30 I believe...and it's GOOD! Oatmeal with walnuts, raisins, brown sugar, cinnamon, etc.. Yogurt, parfaits, waffles, eggs, awesome burritos, bagels, cereal, juice, and so on! The staff is polite and timely when stuff runs out. This morning the orange juice ran out and I say down to begin eating while they changed it and the woman filled a glass and brought it to me! I wasn't expecting that, and it didn't go unnoticed! Also, Monday's-Wednesday's they serve dinner with complimentary beer and wine! Tonight was Mexican night! Salad, chicken fajitas, and soup! Housekeeping had been wonderful as well when they've come in while we are working. There is a shuttle that takes you to the metro every morning! We are roughly a 30 minute walk to the pentagon city metro. My boyfriend and I are working at the pentagon city mall and walk home after work. Awesome gym, laundry isn't free (but still convenient. $3 to wash, free to dry). They even offer free grocery delivery! You give them a list before 9am and they go shopping for you and have it back to you the same day! Everything is charged to the room! This has been an absolute pleasure to stay here! I 100% highly recommend it!

• Stayed October 2011
3 Thank Slkrawcz
Thank you for your recent review of Residence Inn. It sounds like you are staying at the Pentagon City location and not the Residence Inn Arlington Courthouse. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of all of the amenities that Residence Inn has to offer.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

I am completely in love with this hotel! We stayed here in June for one night. We got a one bedroom suite, which was awesome! My only complaint about the hotel was where they have their air vent. We wanted the AC on, but where the vent is, it hits you directly in the bed where you are sleeping, so I was freezing most of the night. Other than that this hotel was modern and felt like a little apartment. The bed was so comfortable that I wish I could take it home with me. The kitchen area was cute, but didn't really use it. I would recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
RIArlCourthouse, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Arlington Courthouse, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Thank you for your comments about your stay with us in June. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay, but can understand your frustration with the air vent as it can be a bit tricky to get adjusted properly. We appreciate your feedback on this so we can try to prevent this from happening again.

We hope you will come back and stay with us again soon!
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

This Residence Inn gets my vote for an easy accomodation for visiting
Arlington and DC. The staff was very accomodating, letting us check in
early and park. We enjoyed the close Metro stop and the restaurants
nearby. Our room was quiet, comfortable, and clean with a great bed.
They put us in a quiet location with a good view of the courtyard below.
RI has very reasonable rates as well for this area.

Room Tip: I like the rooms that face the courtyard and on a higher floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
RIArlCourthouse, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Arlington Courthouse, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Thank you for you comments about your recent stay. I'm glad we could accommodate your early check-in. We are glad you were able to take advantage of the restaurants nearby. We have a wide variety to choose from within walking distance. We would love to know if you have any dining reccommendations to pass along to future guests.

We hope you will come back and stay with us again soon!
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

We've stayed in DC before and quite frankly paid too much or had a poor experience. This RI offers some nice rooms which as others have said are like a small apartment and a lot better value than anything we've seen in DC. We had a two-bedroom apartment with each bedroom separated by the fairly compact kitchen/meals/lounge area.

If you are visiting Washington to do some sight-seeing, but need to get good value-for-money then this place would be hard to beat, especially if you have family and don't want to eat out every day. However, there are quite a number of restaurants within walking distance.

Breakfast is complimentary. You can make pancakes and waffles, but the rest on offer is just average standard.

All staff were both helpful and friendly. We liked the fact that we could park the car right outside to unload/load our luggage, but there is an undercover garage just around the corner. We did feel the daily charge for parking was a bit expensive and should be included in the daily rate, but that was our only gripe!

Finally, to get to DC the elevator to the Metro is only about 250 yards away. This saves quite a walk if you can stand the claustrophobic condition in this small elevator.

Room Tip: Go For A Floor Above Level 5 To Minimise Traffic & Restaurant Patron Noise.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Geordielass2
RIArlCourthouse, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Arlington Courthouse, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay with us. I'm glad you were able to enjoy your experience this time while visiting the D.C. area. We are glad you were able to take advantage our food and beverage options to help cover the cost of some meals. We are fortunate to sit in a neighborhood within walking distance of many great restaurants and the Courthouse Metro Station.

I can understand your concern about the cost of parking. The hotel does our best to charge a fair price for parking compared to the other hotels in our area.

We hope you you will come back and stay with us again soon!