“Comfortable, good location for D.C. touring” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Arlington Courthouse

Residence Inn Arlington Courthouse
Ranked #7 of 49 Hotels in Arlington
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Comfortable, good location for D.C. touring”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We joked that we'd like to retire and live here. It's that nice. Our room was almost a small apartment, with an exceedingly comfortable bed. There's an extensive complimentary breakfast every morning (real plates and silverware, not plastic), plus complimentary dinner three nights a week (beef tips with mushrooms one night we were there). It appears to be in a good neighborhood, conveniently located not far from the Courthouse metro stop, so it's very easy to get into D.C. without a car. The staff was very helpful in assisting us with directions and suggestions for getting around during our stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank btindy
RIArlCourthouse, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Arlington Courthouse, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay. I'm glad you enjoyed your experience and our team was helpful in providing directions and suggestions while you were our guests.

We would love to have you as our long term guests during retirement. Come back and see us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Room was great, amenities just ok. The pool is small and the jets in the hot tub weren't functioning properly. Breakfast wasn't anything special, and they don't have room service until 9pm? Overall though, it's in a great location and the rooms are big and clean.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
RIArlCourthouse, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Arlington Courthouse, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay. I'm glad you thought the room was great, but sorry to hear you thought the amenities were just OK. We would like the opportunity to find out more about the details of your stay and explain how room service works with Fireworks Pizza. Please feel free to contact me at 703-312-2100 My extension is 7104. I will look forward to hearing from you.
Mesa, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I stayed at the Residence Inn for 5 days for a business trip. The rooms were clean and the food was great. The metro is about a block away through a courtyard shopping area. There is a CVS about a block away also. When I walked the neighborhood I felt safe and as though it were a mini suburb with young working individuals and young families that lived there. There is a shopping center with some upscale shops a couple of blocks away accross the street from Whole Foods.

When seeing the DC sights, no matter what hotel I am staying in, I end up taking the metro around. Therefore, if I were vacationing in DC, I would also stay at this hotel and just plan to take the metro to all of the sights.

I would highly recommend this hotel for both tourists and business travelers.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for your comments about your recent business trip to our area. I'm glad you enjoyed the neighborhood and felt safe during your stay. We are fortunate to be in a neighborhood with a variety of shopping and dining options within walking distance.

We hope you come back and stay with us during your next trip to the DC area.
Midwest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Just returned from a great 4 day stay here. Room is huge and clean. Great breakfast and their evening meals a few times a week were great after returning from a full day in DC and not wanting to venture out again. Staff was friendly and efficient. Pool and whirlpool sparkly clean and they even had a lifeguard on duty, something you rarely see in a hotel. The only unfortunate thing about our stay was having to evacuate one night about midnight and then again the next morning, quite scary to hear an alarm telling you there might be a fire. That being said, we would most definitely return here.........a great, friendly place.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Harmony_peace
Thank you for your recent comments about your stay. I'm glad you enjoyed the food and beverage options and spacious suites. I can understand waking up to a fire alarm can be a bit scary. I'm sorry to hear this happened during your stay. It is procedure to evacuate the building to make sure all of our guests are safe. I'm glad to hear that other than the alarm you would return. We hope to see you soon!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Decided to go to DC w/ the fiancee for a quick weekend trip. We had a few options downtown that we were looking at, but ultimately ended up staying at the RI Arlington Courthouse. This is easily one of the best Residence Inns I've ever stayed at. Rooms were spacious, updated and clean. The lobby and breakfast area were the same way. Staff was super friendly. Here are some other key parts:

1) There's a huge Farmers Market every Saturday from 8am-12pm maybe 5 steps away. Lots of fresh fruits and vegetables.

2) SO MANY GOOD PLACES TO EAT! This area of Arlington is very new, upscale, and nice. We ate next door at Sawatdee one night and made the walk to El Pollo Rico (maybe 20 mins, featured on the Travel Channel) the next night. Both places were unbelievably good. There are tons of great bars nearby too. There's a Whole Foods Market & an Apple store maybe 5 mins walking away. There's a Trader Joe's about 10 mins walking. If you have a car, I highly recommend stopping by Cafe Rio (about a 10 min drive). If you've never been, get a sweet pork salad/burrito and it will literally change your life (HUGE chain in Utah/Arizona).

3) So easy to get to DC. You can take the Orange line to Foggy Bottom or the Smithsonian for easy access to the Lincoln Memorial/Museums. The metro station is steps away from the hotel and it'll take you anywhere you want to go. It took us about 30 mins to get to the national zoo. This area is MUCH nicer and safer than downtown DC. I hope I get to return.

Room Tip: all the rooms are nice here.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank chaub
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay and the dining recommendations! I'm glad you and your financee enjoyed the hotel and felt safe in the area. We are lucky to be in an area with a lot of dining and shopping options.

We hope to have you as our guests again for your next weekend getaway.
delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Every year we take our son on a trip to kick off the new homeschooling year. This year we selected Washington D.C. and I set to work researching the perfect mix of affordable, clean, safe, near Metro, with good facilities, and good resources. I settled on Residence Inn of Arlington Courthouse after reading the reviews here.

It not only didn't disappoint, it totally exceeded all expectations. The staff was amazingly welcoming and helpful throughout our entire stay, always asking our son what we had done and seen and what he had enjoyed about the day. The room was immaculate and really quiet, even though we were directly across from the elevator. The pool and hot tub were great and we managed to use them every day.

The neighborhood is very nice and felt very safe. We walked to Whole Foods (just a couple of block away) and stocked up the night we arrived, but the hotel would have taken a shopping list and gone shopping for us if we had asked! There is a really nice shopping district just beyond the Whole Foods and on night two we walked 5 blocks and had dinner at a great chili restaurant and then picked up a few things from the Trader Joe's across the street.

The Courthouse Metro Station is about 1/2 block from the hotel with a direct ride on the Orange Line to the National Mall and the Smithsonian Station. The ride was not very long and the wait for the trains never exceeded 10 minutes. If you wanted to go to the Arlington Cemetery from the hotel and not drive, you just needed to ride one station and switch to the Blue Line.

We had a great time and our son has declared that this is the only hotel in the DC area for him. Since our nephew is currently in the area, I look forward to many return trips!

Room Tip: We had a one bedroom king suite on the 6th floor and it was wonderful. Since we had a room right ac...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for your comments about your annual new school year trip. I'm glad to hear we exceeded all of your expectations. That is what our team aims to do. I'm glad you were able to explore the area and take advantage of the dining and shopping venues. We are fortunate to have so many within walking distance and also be just minutes from the metro.

We hope you will come back and see us again when you are in town visiting your nephew.
Mobile, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Great location, within walking distance to restaurants, shopping, movie theater, the Metro, and Whole Foods! All rooms have well-stocked kitchens so I suggest Whole Foods as your first stop. Rooms were comfy and clean, all in the traditional Residence Inn style. The room was also quiet except for the fact that my neighbor had a squeaky front door. The lobby was stylish and modern with helpful front desk staff. They have a pool with a real lifeguard (state law), workout room, and laundry room. Breakfast in the morning was better than most, with fresh fruit, good cereal selection, and delicious oatmeal. The dining room staff was also very friendly and attentive. On the weekend, the hotel is just a block away from the Arlington Farmer's Market. Overall, I give this hotel high marks for location, clean/comfy rooms, good breakfast, and a friendly staff. The only low mark is for my neighbor's squeaky door. Stay here, you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: You may want to wash your face in the kitchen sink since the bathroom sink has a low-flow faucet.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for your comments about your stay. I'm glad you were able to enjoy the hotel and the neighborhood. I can understand your concern about your neighbor's squeaky door. I'm sorry to hear this was an issue during your stay. I'm glad you shared this information, so we can have our engineering team to see which doors may need some attention.

I hope you will come back and see us again soon!