“Great location but thservice is average!”

Residence Inn Arlington Courthouse
Ranked #18 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
Tampa, Florida
“Great location but thservice is average!”
Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

Stayed there for 3 days with my spouse, the location was perfect and he choice of restaurants around the hotel was exactly what we were looking for. The rooms are typical residence Inn product but the service lacked some professionalism. My Internet in the room did not work and when asked about it at the front desk, their answer was simply " we have some problems with the Internet in all your section of he floor". Overall a very average stay!!!

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lebdude

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Bartlesville, Oklahoma
Reviewed June 15, 2012

My wife, our two granddaughters, and I spent seven nights here while visiting D.C. The Courthouse Metro stop is conveniently located one block out the back door, no street crossings required. A Whole Foods Market is only four blocks away. Two Starbucks are within walking distance. There are several close restaurants.

The breakfast here is wonderful with a lot of variety. The staff is friendly and helpful.

The Metro stop is the Orange Line which goes to many stops used for touring DC. Changing lines is also easy. Our granddaughters enjoyed our daily "commute". With one line change, you are only 15 minutes from a huge mall, Fashion Centre at Pentagon City. No line change required for the Smithsonian (Smithsonian stop) or the Capitol (Capitol South) or the Pavilion at the Old Post Office (Federal Triangle stop) or the White House (Federal Triangle stop). We bought all of us the one week unlimited rides Metro ticket for $47 each. We didn't have to worry about distance traveled or traveling during rush hour.

We never used our car the entire time we stayed here.

The hotel serves complimentary evening meals on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday which were good. The parking is beneath the hotel on the same elevators used for your room. We all loved the place. There was a life guard at the pool, another nice feature.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank JoefromOklahoma
Göteborg
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I stayed at Residence Inn Arlington Courthouse for two nights in June 2012.

The hotel is located in a lively part of Arlington, with plenty of choices for restaurants in the area. Parking is available at the hotel parking for a reasonable fee, but I was able to find parking overnight for free a few streets away.

The room was a large studio with king-size bed. Layout and decoration is very much the Residence Inn standard, with a large kitchen area, microwave, fridge and sitting area. Very comfortable.
The bed was soft and fresh and the bathroom adequate.

Overall, it is a very positive experience. Noise level was acceptable, and it actually came from nosy hotel guest.
If you have a car, I highly recommend staying there, as parking is expensive in Washington, D.C. if you do not, metro line is next door, although you might find similar priced hotels in D.C.

I will return there on my next trip to Washington D.C.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the inner courtyard to get away from the street noise on weekends
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Mountville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Friendly staff, nice new rooms with kitchen facilities, close to many good restaurants and the Metro Orange Line--what's not to like! Even managed to find free parking overnight steps from the hotel.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank travelerbillk
chile
Reviewed May 30, 2012

My sister and I went on a trip to Washington DC and stayed at this hotel because it was close to our friend's hotel.
It is an OK place, the rooms are big and the beds are soft.
The place looks allright.
We were two girls and they left just one shampoo bottle and when I asked for another one I had to get dressed and go downstairs to get it.
Breakfast was poor, no fruit except apples, real bad orange juice , some bagels (they also has sausages and eggs or bacon but we never eat that for breakfast)
The last night when we were coming late and tired after a graduation ceremony we got to our room and the beds hadn't been made and everything was just the way we had left it in the morning. When I went to the front desk to comolain about this situation the lady told me they didn't have housekeeping service at that time and offered to leave a note to the person in charge.
I asked her to give us another room , which she did. Not a word offering an apology.
I would never ever go back to The Arlington Courthouse.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank ceciChile
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed May 29, 2012

My boss recommended this hotel instead of my usual (Residence Inn, Pentagon City) and it was a winner. Great location with some fantastic restaurants nearby - every cuisine conceivable - and nearby shopping. The only negative would be the air conditioning didn't quiet work right - a little too noisy. That won't stop me from staying in the future!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the back - very quiet!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jay-BKKJay
Woodbridge, NJ
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Prior to our visit, I read a negative review of the air conditioning system and called the hotel to check it out. Mr. Jeffrey Kimmey, the assistant manager, explained the sensor systems in the rooms and explained how to set it properly. The air conditioning system worked perfectly. The suite was immaculate and beautifully decorated. The entire staff was very friendly and we will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Vanessa V
RIArlCourthouse, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Arlington Courthouse, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding our hotel. I can understand your concern regarding the air condition system, especially since we are entering warmer months. I'm glad you were able to connect with Jeffrey, our Front Office Manager prior to your arrival and find out how to set the room temperature for your confort. In order to help the hotel reduce our carbon footprint, our in room energy systems are motion activiated. They can be a bit tricky to set if you don't understand the system. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and we hope you come back and see us again very soon. We enjoyed having you as our guest.