“Very good food”
Review of Uncle Julio's

Uncle Julio's
Reserve with OpenTable
Uncle Julio's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #99 of 896 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 25, 2013

The salsa is the roasted type, mild and very smooth. The margarita was very good, on the small side. Quality over quantity. We had the chicken and shrimp fajitas. Enough for two people to share. We parked on side street, free meter pking after 6pm. The speakers were a little loud and for some reason they turned it up even louder towards the end of the meal. The restaurant was full, so it didn't make sense. I would go here again for the food and ask the speakers to be turned down.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We go out of our way to eat here every time we come to DC and enjoyed eating out on the patio this visit.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

We met some old friends at Uncle Julio's. Parking was easy as the meters only run until 6:00 on Saturday night. It is also a quick walk to the metro station. The restaurant has call ahead seating so we didn't have to wait at all.

The waiter brought us chips and salsa while we were deciding what to order. I ordered the chicken fajitas tacos. My husband ordered enchiladas. The food came quickly and was as ordered. I did have to ask for my beer as it didn't come with the rest of the drink order.

The chicken in the tacos was small chunks. I don't know why it was called fajita chicken as it didn't seem like what I would make for fajitas. It didn't have grilled peppers but there were onions. My meal also came with a small side of blackbeans and cilantro rice. I would have preferred the Mexican rice but it was OK. My husband's enchiladas came with one steak, one chicken, and one cheese/onion. He had the tomatillo sauce and said it was very good. The portion size was good for dinner and I didn't have any leftovers.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

The food was bland, and uninspired. The waiter couldn't keep our orders straight, and there were only two of us, plus the place was empty! Bad night for us and them, I guess. Won't be coming back here, or to any of their sister restaurants. We REALLY like Mexican and Tex-Mex, and have given other places in the region great ratings. Not this place.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Great food and very friendly staff. Had vegetarian options, which was a plus for me. Great way to spend the afternoon!