Hilton Garden Inn Arlington/Shirlington
Comfort Inn Ballston(Arlington)(Great Value!)
$161
ComfortInn
$229
Renaissance Hotels
  • Room Service
$170
Virginian Suites Arlington(Arlington)(Great Value!)
$170
$279
$249
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Econo Lodge Metro(Arlington)(Great Value!)
$144
$259
Residence Inn
  • Breakfast included
1,234 results
All reviewsgrocery storemovie theatergreat locationsignature theaterharris teeterfree parkinghotel is locatedwithin walking distancerestaurants and shopsdc areaparking passshuttle servicefourth floorthe pentagon city metro stationdirectly across the streetnumerous restaurantsexcellent hotel
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Hilton Garden Inn at Shirlington not a bad place to stay but room staff needs to pay attention to detail. Found cookie crumbs on night stand next to chair which makes me wonder about cleanliness of rest of room.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
1  Thank Dennis R
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I am probably a naive European traveller, but charging US$ 25 for a 10 minute land-line call (in country, out of state) is disgraceful. I raised this with the front desk during check out and she mentioned that it 'could indeed be expensive' and that she had no access to the phone records so could not confirm the exact reason.... nice!

The internet connection is very slow and kept dropping my Skype calls (which is why I had to use the land-line). There is also no safe in the room so if you have anything of value (laptop, travel money, iPad) then you have to drop that off at the front desk.... every time. Very inconvenient. The fridge in my room also made a lot of noise during the night, so I had to turn it off completely.

Anyway, other than the phone charge, this is a perfectly fine hotel in a great area with many restaurants at walking distance, which is a nice change from the usual highway you tend to find near these hotels. Unlike some reviewers I had no problem whatsoever with the parking arrangements.

The desk in each room comes with a nice ergonomic Herman Miller chair, so if you have to do some work from your hotel room then that is no problem (other than the dinky internet connection)

1  Thank JRSA123
Christopher N, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington/Shirlington, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Thank you for your very helpful feedback. We are very sorry to hear that your recent stay with us was not perfect. I have to agree that the though the charges to make a telephone call from the hotel room are quite high, they are, in fact, right in line with what many hotels are charging these days. Hotels are at the mercy of their long distance carriers and it is indeed a shame when we have to pass on these costs to our guests.

Internet speed does lag in the hotel during peak hours in the morning and late afternoon. We are making strides to overcome this challenge and hope that, should you return back to us in the future, this problem will have been resolved.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Several good restaurants just outside the door, very nice and clean area for traveling with kids. Grocery store across the street, movie theater in the other side. A $20 can ride brought us to the capital mall or the Hilton complimentary shuttle to the metro. Friendly staff, 24 hour complimentary coffee and tea in the lobby, cookies for the kids and ice water. For the price and conveniences there isn't anything negative I can say. Parking voucher included, wifi complimentary and a nice hot breakfast(we purchased a breakfast package promo and it was well worth it). We will stay there again when we visit Washington.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank VermontersgoDC
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I use to live in Arlington, VA and I go back quite often. I have stayed at the Hilton Garden located in Shrlington, VA several times. Its close to DC without having to be in DC. The parking is free, but it's a little awkward. You have to park in the parking structure located across the street where the Harris Teeter store is. So if you have alot of luggage I would suggest you check in and take your luggage up to your room before parking. There are many nice restaurants located within walking distance of the hotel. Guapas (Mexican is a very good Tex Mex), Bonsai (Japanese) has wonderful sushi. During the day, in the main lobby, the staff puts coffee, juice and some pastries out for the guest. The rooms are nice and large. The business center (which is free) has 2 computers, printers and just about whatever you need. For you smokers (I smoke) there is an area with tables and umbrellas located by the bar where you can have a cigarette or smoke a cigar. If you chose not to rent a car, they will drop you off and PICK YOU UP within 2 miles of the hotel. So you can catch the subway to do your sightseeing. Remember to get the hotel business card so you can call them to pick you up at a location within the 2 mile radius.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank asianink
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I was in the area for a training conference, and got a great rate here through a website. The hotel was very nice, the staff was great, and the area around the hotel is wonderful for entertainment, with restaurants, movie theaters, shops, all within easy walking distance. There was a shuttle to the metro station, and getting into DC was no problem on the freeway, access about a minute away. I drove, and discovered that the hotel has a real problem with parking. They use a garage a block away that is shared by the retail in the area, and an apartment complex right across the street. I returned at around 10 on a Saturday night, only to spend more than 20 minutes looking for a place to park, because all of the hotel spaces, on the fourth floor of the garage, were taken. I had a permit, and there were several cars parked in the hotel area that did not, but I was told that I couldn't park in the reserved spots for apartment residents, and the retail section on the first and second level was jammed with people in the restaurants and businesses in the area. I was tired from a day of sitting in seminars, and all I wanted to do was get to my room to sleep, but I spent the better part of the hour between 10 and 11 resolving the parking problem.

1  Thank Lee S