“We hit the jackpot”

Hilton Garden Inn Arlington/Shirlington
Ranked #6 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed June 14, 2012

My wife and I chose this hotel with some reservations as it was south of Washington, and we were coming from, and returning to Philadelphia. No worry at all!
We loved everything about this hotel. Its position both within the lovely local environment, and as a base from which to visit Washington was first class. The shuttle to the Metro station made getting into the city very easy.
The whole hotel was very clean, our room was large and well appointed, the bed was very comfortable, the bathroom was clean and the water hot.
The staff were very friendly and helpful, and the freshly baked cookies on the checkin counter were excellent.
We would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a good experience when visiting Washington D.C.

Room Tip: We had a room with one king bed, which in U.K. terms was huge! We couldn't fault anything.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Valandian

Reviewed June 12, 2012

We were in town for a wedding and stayed at a much pricier option (where the wedding was held). Our next night was at the Hilton Garden Inn- close to the airport, free shuttles to the airport and the metro, really close to a ridiculous amount of restaurants, nice rooms, and pleasant staff, AND one night (a Saturday night in June) was HALF the price of the other place and internet was complimentary! Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 9, 2012

I usually stay here for my frequent trips to DC. They provide a shuttle to the Metro and Shirlington has one of my favorite restaurants. It is close to shopping and entertainment I recommend this hotel to anyone traveling on business to DC.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 6, 2012

I had high hopes for this hotel we were coming to stay at for a wedding. The location is amazing. That being said when we arrived to the hotel it was downhill from there. We had reservations for a King room, when we got to our room it was 2 double beds, they said they "overbooked" the hotel and could not give us our reservation (meanwhile they were not nice about, and I was just asking why we didn't have our original arrangements). When we got checked in we got upstairs to our room and neither key worked, the receptionist didnt even bother to give us active keys, we got 2 blanks. The lock on the bathroom door was broken, there were no curtains or drapes to block out the morning sun, or even better the view of a brick wall 4 feet from our window. The rooms were clean, but looked as if they were missing furniture, big gaps in the room.

Leaving the hotel we noticed all the fire doors were shut, so I ran into the night manager to ask what happened, and the man did not speak english, he literally signed what happened, which was someone smoked in the room. Ok - so we go downstairs to get a cab to the wedding, and they say it will take 40 minutes. Or just walk outside and flag one down (seemed to be more effective).

Like I said the location is unbeatable, however I wish their staff would be a little nicer, and the hotel more accomodating.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dominique A
Reviewed June 5, 2012

My wife & I stayed at this hotel for Rolling Thunder 2012 in DC. We picked this hotel because it was close to where the motorcycle ride events were occuring. The hotel had a reserved section for mortocycle parking in the parking garage across the street, no charge. The hotel is in a village setting with many restaurants, shops and businesses within a few blocks. Our room was large, comfortable and well equipped with wi-fi and big screen tv. This is a first class hotel and it shows.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 3, 2012

The hotel is relatively new and is located in a small "village" comprised by restaurants,beauty shops ,supermarket,cinema ,etc,. Rooms are very comfortable ( I have stayed at the suites also which are great !) and light-filled.Staff is very pleasant and attentive . It has a very tiny pool .

Room Tip: I prefer the suites since they are a good size ( the ones I have stayed have two separate rooms,the...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
8  Thank 39piloto
Reviewed June 2, 2012

I travel to the Washington area often and it is difficult to find a hotel that is relatively quiet and where parking is not an issue, or extremely expensive. I was familiar with the Shirlington area because I've lived there before, and I knew that I would have easy access to the freeway, airport, restaurants, a Harris Teeter grocery store and a walking/running trail. When I learned that the hotel had free parking, that was the icing on the cake.

My king sized room at the end of a hallway was large and relatively quiet (I faced the front of the hotel). I stayed during the Memorial Day weekend and the hotel was very busy, so it may be even more quiet at other times. I had a slight problem with the A/C, but other than that I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo