“Nice Clean Quiet” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
Pflugerville, TX
“Nice Clean Quiet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2012

I usually stay here for my frequent trips to DC. They provide a shuttle to the Metro and Shirlington has one of my favorite restaurants. It is close to shopping and entertainment I recommend this hotel to anyone traveling on business to DC.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Raleigh, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2012

I had high hopes for this hotel we were coming to stay at for a wedding. The location is amazing. That being said when we arrived to the hotel it was downhill from there. We had reservations for a King room, when we got to our room it was 2 double beds, they said they "overbooked" the hotel and could not give us our reservation (meanwhile they were not nice about, and I was just asking why we didn't have our original arrangements). When we got checked in we got upstairs to our room and neither key worked, the receptionist didnt even bother to give us active keys, we got 2 blanks. The lock on the bathroom door was broken, there were no curtains or drapes to block out the morning sun, or even better the view of a brick wall 4 feet from our window. The rooms were clean, but looked as if they were missing furniture, big gaps in the room.

Leaving the hotel we noticed all the fire doors were shut, so I ran into the night manager to ask what happened, and the man did not speak english, he literally signed what happened, which was someone smoked in the room. Ok - so we go downstairs to get a cab to the wedding, and they say it will take 40 minutes. Or just walk outside and flag one down (seemed to be more effective).

Like I said the location is unbeatable, however I wish their staff would be a little nicer, and the hotel more accomodating.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Dominique A
Lake Wales, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

My wife & I stayed at this hotel for Rolling Thunder 2012 in DC. We picked this hotel because it was close to where the motorcycle ride events were occuring. The hotel had a reserved section for mortocycle parking in the parking garage across the street, no charge. The hotel is in a village setting with many restaurants, shops and businesses within a few blocks. Our room was large, comfortable and well equipped with wi-fi and big screen tv. This is a first class hotel and it shows.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Isla de Vieques, Puerto Rico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

The hotel is relatively new and is located in a small "village" comprised by restaurants,beauty shops ,supermarket,cinema ,etc,. Rooms are very comfortable ( I have stayed at the suites also which are great !) and light-filled.Staff is very pleasant and attentive . It has a very tiny pool .

Room Tip: I prefer the suites since they are a good size ( the ones I have stayed have two separate rooms,the...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
8 Thank 39piloto
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2012

I travel to the Washington area often and it is difficult to find a hotel that is relatively quiet and where parking is not an issue, or extremely expensive. I was familiar with the Shirlington area because I've lived there before, and I knew that I would have easy access to the freeway, airport, restaurants, a Harris Teeter grocery store and a walking/running trail. When I learned that the hotel had free parking, that was the icing on the cake.

My king sized room at the end of a hallway was large and relatively quiet (I faced the front of the hotel). I stayed during the Memorial Day weekend and the hotel was very busy, so it may be even more quiet at other times. I had a slight problem with the A/C, but other than that I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Ltathom
Wilton, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

Sparkly new clean hotel. Good sized rooms that are well appointed and well furnished. Better than your average Hilton garden inn. Service and breakfast was good. Location is great as it is located in the village at shirlington with a host of restaurants all around in a town center settings. Not just restaurants but a library, thwarted, cinema, supermarket, shops, running trail - it is all pleasant and convenient.

Room Tip: Get a high floor
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank The Black Adder
Brevard, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2012

I'm a frequent government visitor to DC and have tried everything. From Crystal City, to National Harbor, Roslyn, Alexandria, downtown -- you name it. I finally went and just searched for "free parking" because I was tired of getting gouged for $30 a day for parking at most close in hotelsn and ran across this Hilton Garden in in Shirlington. This is going to be my DC hotel from now forward. Free parking in the garage next door, GREAT/free breakfast which includes omelets, french toast, pancakes and everything you can imagine, nice indoor pool, decent work out room, a supermarket right across the street, movie theater within a block, and probably 20-30 restaurants with a couple of minutes walk. Free shuttle to the metro. Super friendly staff, fast internet, clean rooms, guest laundry. It sort of sounds like I'm a spokesman for Hilton, but I'm not. Just happy I've finally found a hotel inside the beltway which seems to have it all.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business